Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luckynes13

HAVE: goji berry plants Lycium barbarum

luckynes13
12 years ago

Chinese culinary and medicinal herb/bush. Used to strengthen muscles and bone, liver function, to restore "vital essences," and to improve vision. Increases white blood cell counts, and stimulates tissue development. Young leaves and shoots are popular as cooked greens in Canton. Sweet berries are eaten raw as a snack or added to soups and stews.

Pick up only

Col. Talbot Rd.

Comments (13)

• sylvain73
    12 years ago

I would be interested in this plant if it is still available I am not to far away I am thinking you are from London I am from Chatham

• luckynes13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

what would you have to trade Sylvan?

• sylvain73
    12 years ago

It sounds like you have the actual plant or is it seeds you have and how many plants or seeds do you have. I don't have any seeds or plants to trade unfortunately but I am willing to pay for your plants or seeds you have.

• luckynes13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I sell goji berry plants on kijiji, so yes you can buy if you don't want to trade

• signet_gw(6b)
    12 years ago

Hi Nes,

I am interested in some of your goji plants if they are a good size . I would like to be able to harvest some goji this year if possible and the ones I got at the swap will be a good size next year but this year will be too tiny. Let me know what you might like in trade.

Signet

• luckynes13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can you email me privately and we will talk about this?

• plantladyott
    11 years ago

I see everyone seems to be ordering these from some place or other paying for something that is available at your local BULK BARN in the form of trail mix. I bought a handful for pennies , ate the trail mix and set aside a few berries. I opened them and planted the seeds inside. Amazingly a few took and I now have three fast growing bushes after only one season. I'm praying they will survive zone 5. Has anyone else done this?

Rolande

• origami_master
    11 years ago

The only thing with taking seeds from dried berries from places like Bulb Barn is the berries are not always naturally dried. If they were dried in an oven, that would reduce the seed viability to the point you might not get viable seed. Not saying it doesn't work, but it's no guarantee you will get anything growing. Another thing to consider is the berries might not have been grown in a similar climate so the seedlings may not be hardy. It wouldn't hurt to mulch them just in case.

I buy bunches of the stems from the supermarket in the early summer. I use the leaves and shoots for soup, then root the remaining stems. At a few dollars a pound you can get tons of cuttings. Within three weeks they are well rooted and sell relatively well. I usually transplant them, wait another week for new growth, then sell them in bulk to someone who retails potted plants. The plus to my method is I know the grower and know that the plants where the stems are harvested from are hardy to Ontario.

• luckynes13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

that's cool I like it. Last year I grew goji but didn't over any for sale.

• ada_pun
    11 years ago

I know that there are at least two types of Gogi berry plants. One is for leaf eating mainly and the leaves are bigger than the other type which is mainly for the berries. I have both of them and they are both very fast growing and can be cut and propagate quickly. It produces many berries until it frost all summer.

• tamatik
    11 years ago

planted goji seeds 4 days ago (inside, 3 ft of snow outside)
    they have already sprouted under the lites.

would be interested in some plants.. will look on kijiji ..london?

• luckynes13
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maybe this spring I will have some. I have some planted already. The seedlings do not like to be kept wet, if you are growing them.

• tamatik
    10 years ago

how much do they sell for? do you ship?

ty

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions