Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Brugmansia seeds

Posted by morag01 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 07 at 12:19

I have some Datura coming along this summer, the buds are huge, but not open yet, and would like to try Brugmansia next year. I don't have anything to trade, but would be happy to purchase Brug. seeds from someone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Brugmansia seeds

I have some seeds that I purchased but have not opened yet. I have two colors. I have these two varieties:
Angels trumpet -double golden queen (yellow)
Angels trumpet -La Fleur Lilac
Let me know if you are interested. There is someone I saw with a huge bush/tree with orange flowers, I am going to try my hand at rooting a cutting. Wish me luck! I have never done that before!!

o
contact info

Please update your member page with email address, and possibly a trade list, what you have, what you want.

Where are you located?

o

rottweilergirl,

I would love to get couple seeds of your Angels trumpet -double golden queen as well as some other seeds from your seed list; what are you looking for in terms of trade?

Thanks in advance, Seham

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 23:15

Hi Lori/Rotteweilergirl.

Signet here . Judging by the names of your seeds, I would say you have datura seeds not brugmansia seeds. Often they are sold as the same thing but are not .

Easy way to tell them apart......Datura (Common names include jimson weed, Hell's Bells, Devil's weed, Devil's cucumber, thorn-apple ...from the spiny fruit, pricklyburr , and somewhat paradoxically, both angel's trumpet and devil's trumpet (from their large trumpet-shaped flowers) the flowers face upward. Check out this link........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura

Brugmansia or Angel's trumpet ...the flowers face straight out or downwards. Check out this link........ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brugmansia

I do know that Lafleur Lilac is datura ..double golden queen just sounds like datura and not brugmansia. The one thing they do have in common is that all parts of the plant are poisonous . Some people even have a reaction to just touching the brugmansia plant.

Hope this helps.

Signet

o

• Posted by sammyqc NE Quebec/zn 4/5a (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 16:08

I have some Brug seeds, a V.Peach X Frosty pink cross. I'm growing some out, no idea what I'll get yet, but I have some to spare. Send me an email if you would like some. SASE, no trade or purchase necessary. Check out the Brug forum here, I just posted some pics of my babies.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here