WANTED: are we- springbank 4

navygirl01
9 years ago

another one full and 2 days away
hopefully the rain will hold off but we are gardeners and love rain lol

Comments (47)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

LOL! good grief we are "chatty".........think we can fill another one?? :)

• navygirl01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

isn't 11 am the usual time for this????
    we are leaving here around 930 after we load up the jeep lol
    we will see you all soon

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

I may bring a hummus and cucumber slices, my healthy version of chips and dip. But really have not decided yet. Does anyone want some fresh picked rhubarb?

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

I thought I would ask cuz the swap has usually been held on a Sunday I think ...... and this time it is being held on a Saturday so I thought I would double check on the time . Want to make sure I am there when I am supposed to be. LOL!

I have a couple of Jack in the Pulpits to offer in trade if anyone is interested . Let me know .

Signet

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Not sure what you have left over there to trade. I will pot up your rhubarb for sure.
    I have potted up for you :
    8 strawberries
    Dahlia...color?
    Ostrich fern
    4 Peonies
    2 Hens and chicks
    Large Hosta
    Hosts so sweet
    Rhubarb
    You are trading to me:
    Purple Iris
    Purple mum
    Chamomile
    Virginia blue bell
    Huge shakori flaked morning glory
    Lamium 2 colors
    African daisy
    Feverfew
    This is what I had written down.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

You don't have the Virginia bluebell now...did you have any purple Monarda ?

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

If you have any purple woodland phlox I do have extra Dahlias. They are not huge right now but once in the garden go crazy in size

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I forgot to put in there the yellow loosestrife from you. I was giving you 4 peonies. Were you giving me more Iris' for those...can't remember what was traded. I am getting lazy here and am too tired to go through all the posts to find out...so sorry. Truthfully it doesn't matter. Will see you all there and finally put faces to these names and replace all these plants on my patio with yours...LOL

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8

I am trading you all that you wrote down plus 2 other iris and a purple monarda .....remember? lol! you still need to pick something for the rhubarb

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Yes and the yellow loosestrife too !

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

you are getting the Virginia bluebells .....everyone else has chosen something else.

Signet

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

If others really wanted the Virginia bluebells they should of taken them. I can do other plants. :0)
    Ohhh it's ok...the rhubarb is free. LOL If you have something that likes sun and you want to get rid of it fine but don't need to trade for the rhubarb. I am fine with what I have now. Thank you

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

I guess it is time to check if I have everything ready for trades.
    I have trades with Ross, Flowergirl, and grey lady.mis that it?
    Will bring extras.

This post was edited by luckynes13 on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 9:23

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hi! Do you want some of the terracotta coloured pots that patio planters are
    sold in? about a foot high and about 16" wide at the top, a little narrower at the bottom. If not I have a couple dozen to take back to Heeman's.

Cheers,
    H.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Blueiris I would love those pots please. I never say no to pots or trays.

Dinnerpl8 ....everyone is very happy to see the bluebells go to you . The philosophy here is " there is always next year and/or another plant .

I will bring a surprise in trade for the rhubarb ...thank you to both you and your mom. Will your mom be joining you at the swap ? Looking forward to meeting you .

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Does anyone have an extra globeflower plant ? I am in search of one......or if you have seen one in your travels if you can tell me where you saw it that would be great too.

Thanks
    Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

LUCKYNES:
    I guess I am still supposed to find couple of trades from you. I asked you a question about your allium on Jun 5th, maybe you missed it. So I'll ask again:
    What colour is your allium? Is it a purple ball? I just don't want it to be allium Purple Sensation because I have lots of it myself. I used to have allium moly years ago with a yellow flower. Could it be that maybe?
    So if you google 'allium Purple Sensation', could you let me know if yours is different, please. And for the other trade I noticed you have some irises. Could you tell me what kind of irises you have available, please.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hi!

Thanks for all the great trades! I'm sorry I just took another look at my purple woodland phlox, I forgot I had offered a trade to a neighbour, and there isn't enough left for another trade beyond that. I'm so sorry.

BlueIris3

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Flowergirl,
    We did have a discussion. I am sure you will find it there somewhere. My reply was that I didn't remember what kind it was, since I had in my garden for many years. But yes it is purple. That is okay, if you are not interested.

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Flowergirl of my irises, I have a couple of photos, here is one

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Flowergirl, here is another iris I have.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

LUCKYNES:
    Thank you for letting me know that the allium is purple so I'll pass on it. Can I have these two irises in the pics, please.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I think you wanted a hosta from me. You had a Larkspur for me. If that didn't work for you it's all good.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

No problem...we are good. See you tomorrow.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Signet I don't think my Moms coming...wasn't planning on it anyways.
    She also has a couple of butterfly bushes she wants removed. Will try and get them out myself it not, if anyone wants them they can go over there and dig them out. See you all tomorrow

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Just so I don't miss anything. I know you wanted one striped Dahlia. I have you down as trading me Bears Breeches and a Bachelor Button. So that is 2 things from you. Was there something else I was to give you. Or did you just want 2 Dahlias. I should of posted this ages ago. sorry.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

One Dahlia for those trades is just fine thank you. I have an abundance of plants at the present time. See you all tomorrow. Ross

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Dinnerpl8dalhia,
    Yes, I have the larkspur saved for you.
    Flowergirl, I will do the irises for you.
    Lois, is it you I have the other trade with?
    Ans Ross, everything is ready for you.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

luckynes, yes I have a pot with three small rudbeckia 'goldsturm' for you in trade for hyssop seedlings.

plants all packed in the car....food made and in the fridge....off to bed....see you all tomorrow! :)

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for all the great trades. The plants in the gamblers circle were great too. I have so many different plants now. This has been a wonderful experience. The lunch was over the top. Thank you!!!

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Quiche

Original recipe makes 1 - 9 inch quiche
    1/2 cup butter
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
    1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
    1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
    4 eggs, beaten
    1 cup milk
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
    Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

So glad to see you all again ...... I felt like I had seen/talked to you all only yesterday instead of 2 swaps ago ..... That in itself speaks volumes to what a great group we have! Thank you to Navygirl and WMC1 for getting the ball rolling this year......and to whomever it was that arrived early to hold "our spot" so we could all meet .

Everyone outdid themselves with the food and I thank you all for sharing . What a great smorgasbord ! I couldn't believe all the tasty choices. Salads galore , chicken , sandwiches , quiche and more. The desserts were heavenly. I think it may have been Flowergirl that brought the fruit . Delicious ! Thanks so much to everyone for all the effort . Beth , the Quiche was to die for and thank you for sending the recipe ...I will be making that in the very near future.

Lastly I want to thank everyone for all the spectacular plants ! OMG! I didn't expect them to be so huge ( and I truthfully didn't realize just how much trading I had done ) but we got them all into the car believe it or not. Now I have my work cut out for me finding spots and planting everything. These plants will be wonderful additions to my gardens .I hope everyone has great luck with their plants too.

So till we meet again , I want you all to know you have become cherished friends and I thank you most especially for that ! Take care of yourselves until next time.

Signet

• navygirl01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT DAY AND THE CHATS WE ALL HAD.
    WILL SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your trades to help make my garden both personal and beautiful! I like to remind myself of who the plants came from as I tour the yard. Like I say every year...I could never afford to buy the size and variety of plants that I have been able to acquire through the years without the help of all of you. Elaine and I both had a great day visiting and talking garden and other things with all of you. The food was a great bonus also. It was also a pleasure to meet the newcomers and I hope that you also thought the day was worthwhile! Please don't be shy to trade and come back next year. Happy growing to everyone. Ross.

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

George and I had a good time. Good plants, good company, and good food. What more can you ask for. Thank you.
    I have been busy planting all day and still not done.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

What a wonderful get together, old and new friends, great food, beautiful weather, wonderful trades and awesome bounty in the gambler's circle! Way to go everyone!

I look forward to this every year, and feel a little sad as we drive away. I really value the friendships we have formed.

Now for the fun / hard part figuring out where it all goes! We had a house warming to go to later in the day so only Ross' mock orange and mauve Rose of Sharon got into the ground yesterday, many more will get planted out today.

Thanks again to Merja for holding the spot and Gwen for starting the thread that got the ball rolling! I have the signs safely stowed away for whoever volunteers to hold the spot next year.

Hugs,
    Heather

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hi Merja,

I have your chair and sunscreen... email me and we can figure out a time and place to meet.

Hugs,
    Heather

• navygirl01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ross-- I am sooooo sorry but the Jacob's ladder is not that. Teresa came back with us to our house after the swap and told us that the plant is considered an herb. When I dug it up to split the tag said Jacob's ladder. I do apologize for this.
    will make it up to you next year with a couple of extra plants for you.
    this is what it looks like

This post was edited by NavyGirl01 on Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 13:32

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the great time, plants and food. It was nice to see you all again. And Heather, thank you for taking my chair...I was half way home when I realized I left my chair there. I'll email you about meeting later.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Gwen: No problem but I now am not sure whether this plant will like the spot I have chosen for it ....meaning I put it in part shade! I don't recognize the plant myself but I wonder how much sun it needs? I will leave it and see how it does.

As a side note I got all of my trades potted up or placed. Thanks again to all.

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi Navygirl . your plant looks a lot like my Valerian plant only in full bloom . Just a possible suggestion.

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I want to add my great big thank you to all who shared their plants with me once again. Your generous sharing over the years has provided my garden with plants that I would otherwise never have found/tried/afforded, and although it has a long way to go to be the way it needs to be, it is getting there and all the wonderful plants from all of you, make it very special to me.

Our swap is something that I look forward to every year, not just for the fun new plants, but for the great talk/visit with old gardening friends, having new gardening friends join us and of course the yummy food. I too feel a bit sad when leaving. There never seems to be enough time to talk with each one of you, but ....there is always next year, right? :)

once again, thanks to all of you for a great day! :)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Merja, I sent you an e-mail. Did you get it? :)

• wmc1
    9 years ago

Let's hope with this new format we are able to get the swap organized again this year. This is too early to start yet, just trying to find out how everyone feels about the new format, don't like it, because of the number of years we've been used to the other one

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

well just arrived at the "new" format today and so far?......not sure this is going to go well! :(

like you, I am so used to the old way.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

This site is very disappointing...it is totally geared towards house decor. And I feel bad for people who had those long seed lists since they are all gone. Hopefully admin fixes things so that we gardeners can use this site better in the near future. In any case I hope also that the swap can be arranged this spring again.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

wish we all had gotten each other's e-mails before this happened so that we could just contact each other when the time comes.....I may have some way back in my folder somewhere.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions