Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: hosta secret swap sign up info-june

Posted by hostalover-2008 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 08 at 14:37

If you are interested in participating in this hosta secret swap you must sign up by Wednesday, June 25/08. You must e-mail me with your info by midnight of that day to be eligable. You will be receiving the name of the person you will be sending to by Friday June 27/08. This should give you plenty of time to dig or divide or shop. **Note-please be careful of what you're digging/sending as some hostas are already flowering. With the cooler temps this year we should be fine with the timing of this swap.
As a reminder it's helpful if you update your exchange page so that your sender knows what you have and what you'd want to receive.

okay, here we go.....

1. The hosta secret swap is for at least ONE NAMED HOSTA. You are allowed to send more than one if you'd like but it/they must be healthy, diseased free, named variety of hosta with at least one eye with good rooting. *Pleae only send a hosta that you'd be happy to receive.

2. Packages must be mailed out by June 30/08 (with the weather being cooler this year we should be okay with exchanging now). If there are any problems that arise about your package getting to your receiver on time please e-mail me so that I can contact your secret trader.

3. All secret trades are to be mailed by Canada Post, Fedex or UPS with a delivery confirmation number. Once your package has been mailed please email me with your package number or tracking number. This will be used to track the package if there is a problem with the delivery.

4. **Very important** You must officially sign up to be part of this. Please e-mail me with "Garden Web Secret Swap" in the subject line with this information:
Your first and last name
Your mailing address
Your user name on Garden Web

I will e-mail you with confirmation that you are in as a participant of this secret swap.

On a final note; this should be a lot of fun and can avoid disappointment by making sure that all involved that signed up are committed to follow through and mail their packages on time.

Now, lets swap!
Kim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: hosta secret swap sign up info-june

I just sent you an email.

o

I too sent an email.

o

Hi Folks. I am just reading this swap info now ,a bit late you might say. Sorry I missed it, sounds like great fun .
I also am a hosta enthusiast.
Please kep me in mind for the next swap.
I will be checking in more often from now on.

Cheers
Bill ON 6 B

o

Hi bill1. I'm sending you an email also-incase you don't check back here in time.
I'll probably set up another one in Sept/Oct as this last one seemed to be a hit-everyone got their hostas.
In the meantime you might want to make up a wish list and inventory list on your trading area so that you'll be ready for it.
Happy gardening,hostalover-2008

o

Sorry I missed this as well. I participated in a spring swap on Hallson's and I'm ready for doing some more swapping. I was fortunate enough to find a couple of willing participants here in the Lower Mainland and have managed to score some nice ones. Even though I don't have much if any more room, that has been that way for the last year and it hasn't stopped me.

I'm game hostalover, drop me an email when you're getting ready to do the fall one!

Guess in the meantime I'd better update my trade list here, but there's always the one I maintain on Hallson's, linked below.

Pieter, Richmond, B.C.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pieter's have and want lists

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here