WANTED: are we- sprinbank park 3

navygirl01
9 years ago

we are close to the limit on other one. so this is new one

Comments (149)

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hi NavyGirl!!

I have roughly 200++ 4" pots for you 'liberated' from the nursery recycling bin. Hope that keeps you going for a while! :-) I'll have another five or six once I plant out the current collection of swaps, gifts and sale left overs.

Hi Signet I've got at least 30 big pots, do you want tree sized pots? I've got maybe 10 of those, wasn't sure if I was going to grow veg in them to deal with the black walnut juglone, but decided against that many more pots.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

signet, glad you got your mystery plant id'd. I thought the name that plant forum would have the answer.....usually pretty fast, too. :)

well hopefully the predicted thunderstorms will hold off and I can get the last of the plants ready for Saturday.....didn't want to be this late, but....life keeps getting in the way of the fun stuff!! lol!

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

White perennial geranium finally bloomed now to see if I can get a couple plants from it .

signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

If you have a few available could I get a couple of red Pom pom style dahlias from you ....if possible , please let me know what you would like from my list .

signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

If you have still have the jasmine available , I would love to try my hand at growing it please. Let me know what you would like in trade (assuming it hasn't found a new home already. Thanks so much .

signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Yes!!! and woohoo for white perennial geranium!!!

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

SIGNET:
    Can I have your Iris - intermediate deep purple for a couple of red Pom pom style dahlias, please and thank you.

LOIS:
    You definitely have to try your hand on starting peonies from seed. It's not really too bad to wait. When you put them in the ground, you can just forget about them. Just say hi to it every year and say 'Yes you are bigger this summer, good girl!' :) Just take the seeds from your favourite peonies and you get nicer results. I might try again this year.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

SIGNET: I will set aside the Jasmine for you...no trade necessary. Glad to have found a home for it. Ross.

GWEN: Thanks for the trade of the White Jacob's Ladder. What would you like in exchange? Ross.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

I have a pot of some purple achimenes baby bulbs available if anybody is interested in them. They are just starting to come up.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

hi Merja, I would love to have the achimenes if possible please. Not sure what I have left to offer, but hopefully I can find a few more things if there is nothing right now. :)

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Merja, I believe you have convinced me to try and grow some peonies from seed. I will talk to you at the swap with a couple of questions about how you went about it. :)

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Mon, Jun 16, 14 at 13:31

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

LOIS:
    The pot of achimenes babies is yours. Do you have any blue queen sage left?

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

I have some young echinaceas. Pink or whit mix. About 4 inches tall.No trades necessary

Signet

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

I've always felt bad throwing perfectly good left hand gloves out when the right hand fingers wear through... So much so that I have a small collection of left only gloves. Some are just cotton, others are kid leather tipped. If anyone would like them I'll bring them, no trade needed.

I also have three pairs of nice gloves so if I found a buddy to trade with we could each have a pair and a half (one back-up for our dominant hand). Any takers? Apparently there are a couple of websites that put people with dramatically different sized feet in touch with their evil twin so they can end up with shoes that fit and only pay for one pair instead of two, which gave me the idea of trading gloves.

In a similarly non plant topic I have a hand made dark brown cat faced mug with a broken/missing handle; a 10,000 villages blue/white mug with a chip in the glaze at the rim, and a blue 2.5 cup teapot with a slow leak. Any takers? Oh, and an 2'+ cobalt blue giant pot broken into a 2/3 - 1/3 pieces, possible usable for garden art. Can you tell I always want to find new homes for things :-)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

setting aside an intermediate purple iris for you . Thanks again for another great trade.

Signet

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

LOIS:
    I was going through your list again and noticed that you probably don't have any Blue Queen sage left because it wasn't on the top of your list. So if you have a seedling or two of anything that I might not have that would be ok. If not that's fine, I'll bring these achimenes babies for you anyways.

GWEN & SIGNET:
    Thank you for the latest trades.

• luckynes13
    9 years ago

Is that your garden in the background picture? It is beautiful, I am impressed!
    I have the same plant in my garden, it could be either or.
    I also have one that I believe is lovage, that is going to seed, that now looks like that. Will have to look online.

• ianna
    9 years ago

Thank you all for those who responded to my query and for the kind invitation to join the group.

I would have loved to participate because I do have lots of interesting plants for sharing from meadow rue, joe pye weed to filipendula, but cannot due to my hectic schedule and because it's too far from my place (in Richmond Hill).. I had thought this exchange was done via post but I understand that it's too costly to do it in this way owing to the increased postal rates.

thank you anyway...

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Merja, I have another small blue queen sage for you. Small piece but big enough that it is flowering right now.
    sorry I didn't get back right away but was not able to get to the garden and check it out yesterday. I have a pot with two pale pink four o'clock seedlings. If you are interested, I will bring them for you too.

blueiris, I wish that the cobalt blue pot was a medium one with just a chip or crack! LOL! Looking for a cobalt blue pot for a new plant that I recently got that will look great in that colour, but have no intention of paying for it with an arm and a leg..lol! :)

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

LOIS:
    Thank you for the blue queen sage. I also would love to try to grow some four o'clocks, thank you.

• navygirl01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

wow blueiris- thanks so much for collecting pots. they don't do this here anymore. most of them send them back to the growers now

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Ross , I would like to know your wife's favorite color please . I have something I will bring in trade for the Jasmine but it isn't garden related however. Just something to say thank you .

Navygirl Thanks for checking on the white Jacobs ladder for me .....I will try to separate some of the purple for your dad .

To those who wanted bluebells I am afraid I have to disappoint someone ......when I went to see what I could remove , discovered it was all one plant instead of a number of plants like I thought . I was able to find one baby plant but not two .....so unfortunately someone needs to choose something else . I will let you both choose who gets the bluebell and who gets another item . so very sorry !

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the pots ,,,,and yes I would like the big tree pots too if possible......what would you like in trade? Let me know please. Wondering.....were you were able to find any of the trays?

signet

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Signet: Elaine's favourite colour is green but please don't worry about thanks for the Jasmine. Thank you for taking it in and trying to provide for it better than I have been able to. Ross.

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

SIGNET:
    I can let the other person have the Virginia bluebells. I'll go through your list tomorrow.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello Signet,

Please give the Virginia bluebells to FlowerGirl, I got some from you 3 years ago and they bloomed their hearts out this year. I even nursed a cutting along last year and it flowered this year. I'm just a magpie for blues!!

I haven't found any gigantico trays yet, but will check out a couple stores tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Heather

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

just wondering if we are going to say what we are bringing or will this be a true pot luck? :)

Like I said before, I will bring a dessert.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

On my list of trades you were giving me a Virginia Bluebell. Did you want me to choose something else. I can do that

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I was scrolling through all the posts. Noticed you had posted that you had a blue or purple Woodland Phlox. I have you down as trading me a Phlox.

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

I have some rhubarb plants. Its in my Moms backyard and she wants to dig it up. Any takers. Not sure the varity only that its rhubarb. There is probably 2 or 3 pieces. I have some in my garden I could share also.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hi!

Here is what I have us down as trading:
    Deep Pink Phlox for my Cup plant
    Blackberry for native aster
    Red striped dahlia for dark coral bells
    Pink dahlia for WS seedlings of Nora Barlow Columbine

If you would like some of the purple woodland phlox (shade to sun 12-14") do you have any other fancy dahlias left?

Please let me know if I've missed anything.
    Thanks,
    BlueIris3

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

I have my hand up once again! I would LOVE some rhubarb. I have a heck of a time trying to grow it here but I do try . I finally had a piece that was doing really well and had to dig it up early May because Superior Propane had to come and replace our tank . I planted it back but ......time will tell how it does. So as a back up plan , I would love some of your rhubarb..... a couple of pieces if possible or one large hunk and I will try again in another spot. One of the spots has to be the right spot !

Just let me know what you would like in trade please.

I thought only 2 people had asked for bluebells . This is worse than I thought ......I am SO SO sorry to disappoint you but yes, I have to ask you to pick something else from my list if you would please.

Thanks so much
    Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

anyone interested in good old stella d'oro lilies?

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

You are right on perfect. One should never find and post things late at night ....LOL. I rechecked ...wondering why I sent that one to you. My apologies

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

I will bring some fruit and berries for the potluck lunch.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

I believe I will bring along some baked chicken pieces that have been cooled.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

okay I have changed my mind and instead of dessert, I will bring a layered salad. :)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi all , I was just out at my plant pot ghetto and discovered my yellow morning glory seeds have sprouted , I only had a few and they were quite old so I didn't know if they would actually sprout ...but Yippee! 4 of them did ...so I am offering one to anyone who thinks they might like to try one .

As for the pot luck, I will bring forks/knives and paper plates along with the too tall cake ....Can someone else bring napkins please. Do we bring our own beverages or ????????

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

would it be possible to have a couple of the echinacea (pink or white mix) seedlings that you offered the other day, please?
    ....and if possible, one of your yellow morning glories, please?

and yes...it is bring your own beverages. :)

• flowergirl_on
    9 years ago

I will bring the napkins.

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Hello all,

I ask you fellow garden web-ers "to brie, or not to brie?" that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the potluck to suffer the injurious calories of outrageous French delicacy, or to take up arms against a sea of soft cheese and by opposing end up with tasty Morrocan honeyed carrot salad?

With apologies to Wm. S.

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

that is hilarious!! I laughed out loud....!

My vote is that we "take up arms against the sea of soft cheese!!!" (although I am a brie lover!)

Moroccan honeyed carrot salad?? How good does that sound?? yum!

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi Greylady, I will pot up a couple of echinacea for you and yes you can have" the one the only "yellow morning glory seedling . I would love to see pics when it blooms for you. I guess these are kinda rare so I am hoping my few will bloom and set lots of seeds.

Blueiris .....I would love to try the Morroccan Honeyed Carrot salad ! hard to say no to Brie but the salad sounds yummy too . Can we get a recipe for it too please? I have emailed you .

Signet

• blueiris3
    9 years ago

Here is the Moroccan salad recipe (I generally make it in 3lb batches for potlucks);
    1lb carrots, coarsely grated
    1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries
    5 Tbsp olive oil
    2 Tbsp honey
    juice of 1-2 lemons
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1 tsp cinnamon
    salt & pepper
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. It improves greatly if made the day before, but if time is of the essence, then mixing all the liquids and spices first and letting them sit while you grate the carrots is a really good second best. My kitchen robot gets lots of love when I make this - no shredded knuckles!!

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

Signet, thank you so much for the echinacea and the yellow morning glory! I will do my best to help it thrive..would love to be able to get some seeds from it. In reading about it, it seems that it needs a long season, so may plant it in a pot in case I have to bring it in to finish the season and get seeds to mature.

blueiris......that sounds so good! :)

• dinnerpl8dahlia
    9 years ago

Baked chicken,2 salads and a too tall cakes. Plates, napkins, cutlery and bring your own drink. Trying to decide what to bring to go with all that??? Maybe baked beans in a crock pot...LOL.
    I will bring a spinach quiche. Maybe another small dessert. How does that sound?

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

spinach quiche sounds great!! :)

(kind of sounds like I am there for just the food!! lol!!)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Hi Dinnerpl8 ...not sure if you saw my post about the rhubarb. Please if this trade is a go let me know what you would like in trade . I need to get it potted up for you .

Same goes for anyone else ......if there is something else you would like , please let me know asap ! I don't want to be potting up on Saturday morning.

Also has anyone decided on the time of the meet up ? 11 a.m ? 11:30 a.m? or ?????????/

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    9 years ago

I guess it hasn't actually been mentioned this year, but I am pretty sure that since holding it in the park, we have been meeting at 11 a.m.

sent you an e-mail

This post was edited by greylady-gardener on Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 12:40

• navygirl01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

started a new post but as usual I cant see it yet until I post again lol

new one called

are we- springbank 4

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction
More Discussions