Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
free or for trade: I have free houseplants, also for trade or sa

Posted by renata-grower (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 16:14

Hi,

I am located in Toronto, Canada and I am just replanting my houseplants. I have various plants available in the form of small or bigger plants with roots or cuttings. I can give you some for free or exchange. These plants have to be picked up as soon as possible, or they will be gone. Some cutting might be available later as well. Pick up only:

SUCCULENT OR SUCCULENT LIKE:
- Aloe aristata – Lace Aloe – or similar, very nice – I have many plants of this kind of various sizes, but mostly smaller plants.
- Aloe Variegata – or similar to it plant – patterns are less regular, but shape of the leaves is similar – medium and small plants, ready for planting
- Aloe Vera – plants – small and maybe some bigger
- Rosary Vine – Ceropedia woodii – I think it is a variety of this plant, but the leaves looks more elongated and pointed.

OTHER PLANTS I HAVE AVAILABLE:
- Aglaonema Crispum - "Silver Queen" for shady spots, cleans air from toxins – cuttings
- Aglaonema commutatum – Chinese Evergreen – similar to the above
- Spathiplyllum Araceae – Sail Plant – Peace Lily, also for shady spots, cleans air from toxins – smaller plants, maybe a few bigger – I will be replanting them
- Setcreasea Commelinaceae - Purple Heart – very easy to grow, likes lots of sun – cuttings, some have roots
- 1 cutting of variegated Hoya, probably Hoya purpureo-fusca, Jungle
Garden
- Variegated Ivy – Hedera Helix – English Ivy with pretty big leaves and some yellow around the edges or inside the leaf (cuttings)
- Geranium (herb) – this one is not a common variety, but has a different, distinct smell, very nice – cuttings, some start to make roots
- Begonia – probably Carallina de Lucerna – ready to go, already out of the pot, a few young plants with roots. I can only keep them in this way for a day or two.
- I also have one tropical plant, which leaves look similar to heart shape. I have never seen it in any stores. I believed it should have beautiful flowers, but has never flowered yet at my place. I think it needs much bigger pot and a greenhouse. This one is for sale.

I AM LOOKING FOR:
- Columnea banksi – more original varieties like gloriosa from Costa Rica.
- Jasmine Plant, probably Bouvardia Rubiceae, if I am not confusing it with other plant. It smells very nice, but the small is not overpowering.
- Begonia metallica – Metallic Leaf Begonia
I can be also interested in a few other exotic plants, which don’t grow too big and have beautiful flowers.

Please contact me for more info at: (416) 538-1087. Please don't wait too long since I can not keep these plants without pots for long. Also if you know about any good place to exchange/trade plants in Toronto, please let me know. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here