Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: tomatoe poll

Posted by tcskitten 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 17:35

What is your best tasting mid-sized red Tomatoe and why? How about best tasting red Cherry tomatoe? Which yellow mid-sized tomatoe do you prefer and why?I am seeking the sweetest tasty tomatoe seed .... any suggestions folks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: tomatoe poll

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 21, 11 at 23:40

I grew Husky Red last season ( for a mid-sized tomato ) prolific plant ( up to 50 tomatos on a single plant ...all about the size of a good sized apple ) and the taste was wonderful.

Signet

o

If you want a great sweet tomatoe try white wonders. These are a large size tomatoe but they are so sweet that they make wine out of them. The best I've ever grown and eatten.
Penny

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 16:45

Hey Penny , how are ya ? Where did you happen to find these tomatoes you mention I havent heard of them before . Would love to try em so if you can share where you got the seed /plants if at say a big box store for example , that would be great .

Signet

o

Thank you Signet and Penny!!

I too, will await Penny's reply to Signet re: the whereabouts of White Wonders.

Faye in N.S.

o

Ok, Penny, you've sold me! I was planning on making tomato wine this year for the first time and want a really sweet tomato. I have some rare heirloom tomato seed to trade this year (tomatoes from Portugal). If you are interested in trading for some of these white tomato seed, send me an email please.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rare Heirloom Tomato

o

Signet, I would also love to trade for the Husky Red tomatoes, if you have seeds from them to trade this year. Please let me know if you want to trade.

Thank you both very much!

- Sheryl (who has traded with both before and often lurks here...)

o

Well " HELLO " signet long time no hear! LOL So sorry I haven't been around so much. Work, new grand son, LIFE!

White wonders are my fav tomoato of all time. I may have some seed left but if not for sure in the fall and I'm more than willing to share. These are LARGE and really great producers. SWEET sooooo sweet. Sheryl you will LOVE them for wine. Almost like a pear taste. I'm looking for " Blue " tomatoes at the moment. Where I work we are trying to grow the strange and wonderful. I work for a lady who produces her own plants, flowers, veg, ect and I'm having a blast. Just email me and I'll see what I can do! So nice to be back! :0)

Penny

o

I wonder if Thompson and Morgan would carry the seed?

You've started something now Penny ... LOL

Faye in Nova Scotia

o

On doing a quick check here, I see that the following carry "White Wonders" seed, should anyone be interested.
- Victory Seed
- Reimers
- Heirloom Tomatoes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here