Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knottyceltic

wanted: wanted: agastache "pink pop" or "clematis jackmanii"

knottyceltic
9 years ago

Hello, I'm an old-tyme member of Garden web Canadian Forums but haven't been around for ages. A few people might remember me though. I'm just getting my new gardens going since I moved five years ago to a much smaller property. It's been rough going as we didn't have "soil" here, only sand and gravel and there was no nice lawns. Now I've got the lawns fixed up over the past five years and can finish up (more or less) with the garden beds. I need things that can grow UPRIGHT as my space is seriously limited (a townhouse condo with a rear fenced in yard area about 20x11') I'm in Woodstock, ON and was hoping someone might have and would try sending me a small 'volunteer' of Clematis Jackmanii (dark purple) or a tiny...like I mean one stem/roots of Agastache "Pink Pop". I will pre-pay the postage or you can send and I will send you back the full postage required. If nobody has either, I would love seeds. I don't yet have any seeds as I haven't collected for five years but will start collecting again this summer/fall and can send you an exchange when I harvest them. Thanks so much and happy to be back. Hope i see some old friends and make some new :o) BARB (Woodstock, ON)

Comments (7)

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

If no Agastache Pink Pop...any well behaved UPRIGHT (limited space) hot pink perennial would be lovely seed or volunteer plant. I've had good luck in the past with people sending seedlings in a regular letter mail envelope and being able to bring them back to life so long as I get them straight into the ground when they arrive. They always look crushed and pathetic when they get here but they revive fairly easily.

• rosco_p
    9 years ago

Barb: Welcome Back! I remember you attending the swap at Springbank park a few years ago! You do know that we are holding one again on Sat. June 21?? Why don't you come and join us and between now and then we can probably rustle you up a few additions to your garden. Just a thought...follow the trading thread on this page. talk with you later. Ross.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Ross, I think you must be mistaking me for someone else OR the location maybe. I've never been to a swap at Springbank but I did see it advertised on Facebook somewhere. Unfortunately I dont' have a vehicle at the moment so I can't attend. I've only ever been to plant swaps at a member's house in Dutton, ON and one here in Woodstock, ON. Thanks for the welcome back all the same :o)

• signet_gw(6b)
    9 years ago

Holy Smoke!!!! what a great surprise . . So glad and so surprised to see you back ! You did attend a swap at my home in Appin not Dutton . The very first swap.....and we have continued to hold the swap every year since. It has migrated to Springbank and Ross would have remembered you from the swap at my house . I only held it here 2 years and ever since we have been holding them at Springbank .

Anyway Barb I am very glad to know you have come out the other end and are gardening again .....will see if I can separate a piece off my Jackmanii ....I'll get back to you on it . Sure wish you could attend the swap this month . It would be so good to see you.

Signet

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So yes, If you met me at Signet's swaps in Appin, then we must have met. I was at both of her swaps before you guys started swapping at Springbank Park. I so wish I could come and see you all again but with no car it's impossible. You'll be in my thoughts for nice weather and great day :o)

Barb

• Fezdani
    9 years ago

Hi there, I'm new here I just joined minutes ago and I saw your post, if you haven't found any yet I believe I have "clematis jackmanii" or at least a huge purple clematis vine growing against the side of my house. :D

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Fezdani, that's absoulutely terrific if you can offer me anything regarding jackmanii clematis. Doesn't matter to me if you send seed, a small volunteer or a cutting. Another member is trying to root me a piece but I'll try anything as she's not sure it can be done by cutting and nor do I. I've still not found any purple Jackmanii here in Woodstock but then again we don't have a lot to offer here in terms of garden centers. Not too many years back Jackmanii was the most popular of the clematis plants you could find and not absolutely nothing. If you can click my name and send me a private email with your name and address I will send you a self addressed and stamped envelope. OR if you prefer to send right away I will send you my address and you can give me yours and I will send you the postage once you've found out what it costs. Either way that suits you. Just let me know. Thanks Barb

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals
More Discussions