Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knottyceltic

WANTED: 3rd annual swap**london sarnia woodstk**part 5

knottyceltic
16 years ago

ROTTIGIRL: I don't have any more Corydalis but I'll pot you up some of the pink Columbine seedlings. Can't guarantee they will come true but since they are the first seeds they may well.

Barb/knottyceltic

Comments (48)

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Well folks, it's been a blast but I'm pooped from potting so I'm gonna quit now so I can focus on getting everything packed in the car the night before the swap. Everything I have left is going in the gamblers circle along with a few other items that I never got around to listing.

See you at Signet's on Sunday!

Barb/Knottyceltic

• daylilyhowie
    16 years ago

I will bring Pink Damask and Night Beacon for Bonnie. Thanks for the Trades.

Howard

• daylilyhowie
    16 years ago

I will bring you a piece of Anzac, can you trade for your Peachleafed bellfowers?

Thanks.

Howard

• nyssaman
    16 years ago

No Rottigirl.lol Don't need trays - I have enough trays to grow 14000 plants.

cheers

• barb_from_london
    16 years ago

Update on Plant List:

Sorry to everyone who asked for the Japanese maple seedling, but capelhke got in there first. The copper iris is also gone to signet, I think.

To hostaaud and greylady-gardiner - the Scabiosa japonica had two little offsets, which I potted up for you. Hostaaud, do you have any more good hostas left? Greylady-gardiner, I don't know what plants you still have available.

Flowergirl - I still have an Iris ensata seedling if you'd like it. What do you still have available?

imagooch - Yes, I have more bear's foot hellebore - what plants do you still have left?

nyssaman - Could I trade the flowering ginger for a Staphyla trifoliata seedling?

More things I could trade:

small redbud seedling about 10" tall
    gingko seedling (gender unknown) about 30" tall
    Ligularia seedling - either sibirica or fischeri (I'd have to check the tag)

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

Thank you very much!! My list is below....will probably have a few unlisted things at the swap..not sure right now....my head is a bit full with too much info!! LOL Let me know if there is something of interest for you.
    Lois

WHITE GOOSENECKED LOOSESTRIFE
    COMFREY
    ONE POT OF CHIVES
    YELLOW LOOSESTRIFE
    TALL PHLOXWHITE
    TALL PHLOXÂPINKÂ
    TANSY-
    SOLOMONÂS SEAL
    GRAPE HYACINTH BULBS
    LIGHT GREEN AND WHITE VARIEGATED IVY
    DARK LEAFED IVY
    SUNDROPS
    PEACHLEAFED BELLFLOWERS

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I will absolutely have some peachleafed bellflowers for your Anzac daylily. thank you very much!

Lois

• sharri
    16 years ago

thankyou howard

• bev_w
    16 years ago

Hi all,

I've been computer-free for a couple of days. Just posting what I think is the final list. Table below . . .
    NAME Receiving Giving
    Sherri Schizanthus hens&chicks, chives
    Bonnie
    Silene, Traechelium

Signet
    big amsonia, skyrocket gillia, licorice, finger millet, traechelium

Imagooch
    2 x salvia "blue queen" pulmonaria
    Rosco
    Schizanthus & Gaillardia sundance
    Lunaria & Kerria

Wmcl Old Yella
    Flowergirl
    Schizanthus & petunias walking onions, strawberries
    greylady
    climb. petunias, Gaillardia Sundance mallow
    Capehlke
    salvia blue queen, traechelium purple mums, cactus dahlia

Laine
    gailardia (both P & A) phlox
    BlueIris
    alexanders, lavender, & others per email
    texas bluebonnet, purple cleome, cardoon, echinops

Greylady, about a hundred posts ago you asked for a Gaillarda Sundance. I can do that, but I'm all out now.

Signet, I'm being far too picky, I know. Don't worry that you're receiving more than I'm taking. Think of it as a hostess gift . . .

Bev

• nyssaman
    16 years ago

Yes Ill put a bladdernut aside for you

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Bev, I dont see on your list that I am giving you violets. Are you not interested any longer?

Also, there must be something I have that you might like . I have one small Kingspear .Does that interest you ? A piece of Sanguisorba Obtusa ? I cant think what else might interest you

Let me know please

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I am potting up like mad, but I feel that I am forgetting some things that I promised to people. I have a list, but it is a bit "chicken scratched"!!

would it be possible for the people that I have made trades with to send me a quick e-mail just listing the things that I have promised to bring you?

It would really help.
    thank you so much.
    Lois

• hostaaud
    16 years ago

I am so disappointed.

All of a sudden the house has filled up with kids and grandchildren, making it impossible for me to get at the rest of the pulling of the plants that I had offered. It turns out that they have dumped the wee grandchildren off onto us until late Sunday.

I'm so disappointed as they all knew that I had plans for this weekend.

I'm so sorry if this has caused anybody any trouble and I hope that you all have a super great time at the swap.

Audrey

• bev_w
    16 years ago

Hi Signet,

Ooops, I forgot your violets. Yes, I'd like a Sanguisorba obtusa. It looks very unusual and we certainly have the space for it.

What's a Kingspear? I couldn't find a reference.

Bev

• nyssaman
    16 years ago

Well that's no fun hostaaud - I don't know how many wee ones you have but we are bringing our 2 kids and they are under 3. My wife has offered to come over and baby sit and our kids can play with your grand kids while you pot up stuff - she used to be a nanny - if your in london.lol. just an idea.

cheers

• rottweilergirl
    16 years ago

Barb/knottyceltic -- that is fine.
    nyssaman - In that case I will take a few trays from you!LOL!!
    hostaaud -That is a shame!! I was looking forward to meeting you.
    Ross-I don't have acccess to internet right now. I can meet you after the swap to exchange? Saves carrying that extra stuff all the way there & back. I trust you!!LOL!! Besides I will be going to IMAGOOCH's after the swap as well, and apparently you live near her. I can do both on the same day hopefully. Will make arrangements when I meet you on Sunday. I have no way to reach you as I am not going to post my cell phone # on here. Maybe IMAGOOCH may still have it? and she can pass it along to you?!?! I will call her and see what she has to say.

• rottweilergirl
    16 years ago

Hello Lovinlife.
    Just making sure you got my message. Unfortunately I don't have access to internet at home right now. So any requests most likely will not be received before I leave for the swap.
    I have lots to bring, and I am sure you will be able to find something you like.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Hostaaud... let Vic do the babysitting of the grandkids for a few hours...it won't kill him. Chips, juice and a few good videos/DVD's and no problem. Cripes if he has to order pizza it's no skin off his nose. GIRL, you need the break!!! and watching the kids for a few hours won't hurt Vic one bit...no excuses for him... let him watch them while you come for a few hours.

Barb/knottyceltic

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi All. Well , after much work , the property was looking pretty good for the swap ......that is until this afternoon.

I dont know if we had a twister come thru or not but it was darn close if it wasnt one. Blew corn husks all over our property and took out one of our old Manitoba maples .So now we have this massive tree lying on the ground (part of it is on my Lilacs :?( right where I dont want it to be.) It also took out my metal pergola ....nice twisted mess it is right now right in the middle of my daylily garden ....so I have no idea what things will look like on Sunday .....hopefully better than now anyway. So disappointing ......hope everyone else made it thru the storms unscathed.

Signet

• laine2
    16 years ago

Hi Sorry I won't get to meet you Audrey maybe some other time.Maybe like Barb says you can get hubby to watch the kids or maybe he could come to with the kiddies?
    There is a storm warning I hope all is ok over your way
    we are getting wind now and thunder storm expected later??
    Looks like it is going to be a good weekend for us.
    Please everyone keep save God Bless see you all Sunday some tomorrow hehe. Elaine

• sharri
    16 years ago

I lost a big branch off of one of my maples and some of my potted plants decided to try out flying. Turns out that they weren't very good at it :0)
    I think we must have caught the tail end of a twister somewhere along the lake.

See you all Sunday

• capehlke
    16 years ago

Hi All, a few questions for individual members (under your user name) and my final swap list. Please let me know if I have any of the swaps wrong or have forgotten anything. I tried to make a list as I went but fear some trades may have fallen through the cracks with all the different swap pages.

SKRAPS Fran's Hans Daylily, double flowering fluva (orange) Daylily, and double ballerina Datura for Ostrich Fern and Golden Chain Tree

DAYLILYHOWIE start of blood grass for Red(?) Carnation

ROSCOP - White and Yellow (German) Iris and a small start of blood grass for Red Crocosmia.

SHARI - Knotweed, a green-leaved Hosta, Bloodgrass, Frans Hals (if left) and Dianthus for Orange Tiger Lily and some white Trilliums.

BONNIE Pink Peony.

SIGNET - White Bleeding Heart seedling, lupine seedlings, rust colored daylily, Midnight Sun Canna, Golden Elder cuttings, as well as various tree seedlings (Maple - Norway, Silver, Manitoba (Did you want Manitoba Maple?, Sycamore, Birch, Oak) for Trilliums, May apple, lime coral bells, Cinnamon Fern, evening primrose, Echinacea Doppleganger and Toad Lily.

HOSTAAUD - Foxglove (various colors) for Lemon Drop and Stiletto Hostas. Audrey where do you live? If you cant make it to the swap perhaps we could do it somewhere else e-mail me. I havent done anything with the foxglove yet so please let me know if I need to dig it up today or not.

FLOWERGIRL (MERJA) - Purple Mum, Dianthus and a double purple Datura for Pamira Anemone, mini tan iris, and pink mum.

KNOTTYCELTIC - Dianthus for snapdragon seedlings

ROTTWEILERGIRL - White bleeding heart seedling, some strawberry plants (bareroot) and some knotweed.

BEVW a purple mum and dahlia for Salvia Nemorosa "Blue Queen" and your Trachelium (Blue Throatwort) "passion mix"

IMAGOOCH/Anne Multi-branching Sunflowers and a bleeding heart seedling for Mini White Iris. Anne, I see youd listed red hot poker plant. Id sent a message asking about it but I think it got lost on the end of page 4. Do you have any left? Would I be able to tempt you for some?.

WMC1 / BILL From you - Pink Trilliums, Black Lace Cuttings and hibiscus seeds for ???

NYSSAMAN - Musa Basjoo banana pup dont worry about a trade and any extra cannas Ill bring to the swap

LAINE2 - Orange Trumpet Vine for perennial Poppies. The plant I potted up looks completely awful despite having a good length of tap root would you like me to bring some cuttings as well?

GREYLADY / LOIS pink peony and Cannas Pretoria, Florence Vaughan, and maybe Midnight Sun for Pink lily of the valley, Boston Ivy Cuttings, and dianthus cheddar pinks. "I just wondered if anyone is from London and if so, and are trading with me, would you be interested in trading ahead of time so that we would have less to take and bring home? I am available all day Friday or Saturday before noon or after six." Lois- e-mail me, I live near the forks of the Thames downtown so we could possible swap tonight thus saving carting the stuff to Appin and back

Barb_from_london purple Datura seedling for Red-leaved Japanese maple seedling. Barb I see youve added an Eastern Redbud Seedling to your list -If it's not spoken for and I could offer you anything else Ive been wanting one for a while now.

BLUEIRIS3 / HEATHER P. old-fashioned blue bearded iris and raspberries for datura seedlings in hopes one is double cream

• barb_from_london
    16 years ago

capehlke - I'll bring along another redbud seedling for you then.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey Signet, we got the same thing here. It was scary after the convo we had just had about being in Tornadoes. The wind was reported to be 98km/hr, the rain was HORIZONTAL and we had a lightening strike hit the ground one street over that shook our whole house. The kids and I were watching and it was blinding, not to mention deafening. Our plants tried flying too but get this...that wind picked up 2 planters with obelisk trellises and tossed them off the deck like they were feathers. Our metal patio furniture flew off too and my plant pots, watering cans and all that jazz was all over creation. We live in a maple woods so anyone who knows maples knows they are notorious for being weak in a wind storm or anything else. We have branches down all over and so many leaves it looks like autumn 'cept they are still green.

Glad it was only your lilacs and trellis that was damaged and not you or hubby. Lilacs and trellis/arbours can be replaced eventually.

See you all tomorrow.

Barb/knottyceltic

• imagooch zone 6b/7a Chatham ON
    16 years ago

First of all MANY, MANY THANKS to Heather and Barb who organized the swap and to all who showed up with plants, and plants .......AND PLANTS!!!! Especially as Heather had to clean up after a tree that came down during the storm!!

What fun to meet gardeners from as far away as Kawartha as well as those who had lesser distances to drive. Now all I have to do is to get them into the ground as soon as I can and give them some transplant fertilizer so they get a jump start.
    Anne

• wmc1
    16 years ago

Boy what a swap, loads of people and lots of plants, everybody had a good time thanx to Knotyceltic (barb) and signet (heather). Perfect weather and good company.

• rosco_p
    16 years ago

HEATHER and BARB: Kudo's to you both on the organization of a great swap and a great day!!!I'm so glad also that the weather co-operated for us all. This was my first swap and I must say I enjoyed the day very much as well as all the pre-trading. I am now able to put faces and names together making it all a bit more personal and I have a number of interesting plants that I am looking forward to growing on. I was also able to get to know people from my own city as well as other locales. Thank you both once again for putting in all the groundwork to make this event such a success. My wife also enjoyed the day and she really isn;t a gardener. Hope to hear from you all soon on the GW. Thanks. Ross and Elaine.

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone ,

Just a brief note to thank everyone who attended the plant swap and made it an unmitigated success! And a SPECIAL THANK YOU to our co-hostess Barb!

Just as Ross said , it is so nice to put a face to a name !spend some time chatting with "gardening kin" about the passion we all have for plants and then the bonus is you go home with a whole whack of new plants to try !

But it really cant work without the people , and we have a great group of gardening people in this area, and even some great long distance people. One great lady who drove all the way from Bobcageon area to join us and another couple that came all the way from Toronto ! Wow!

So to everyone who came and participated "Thank you ! " and to all those who brought me personally so many plants and plant pots , I thank you all very very much !

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Just a little addendum please. I want to add my thanks to Barb/knottyceltic, Elaine/laine2 from Bobcageon , Elaine from Chatham , and to "I am not sure who" for the carrot salad , and someone who brought the filled cookies. I think everyone enjoyed the treats ! And to WMC1 who tried to get me to shut up for a minute with a timbit LOL! it even worked ......well, for a brief minute LOL !

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I would like to thank everyone involved today, for such a great time. Although I didn't get to meet or talk with everyone, I did enjoy the time spent with the ones that I did get to talk with. It is always fun talking with other gardeners, and getting to bring new plants home! Thanks to everyone that traded plants with me. You were all very generous and I can't wait to get all of them settled in their new homes.
    thanks again,

Lois

• blueiris3
    16 years ago

Thanks for a wonderful event! Thanks for all the great trades! I'm looking forward to next year already...

• blueiris3
    16 years ago

Hello,
    I'm really sorry, I didn't look hard enough, and put all your trade items in Elaine's pile. Please email me so I can bring plants to you.
    Sincere apologies,
    Heather

• sharri
    16 years ago

THis was our first plant swap ever and I must say that my girls, mom Bonnie and I had a really great time yesterday, except for the sunburn :(.

I am very excited about all the plants that I am going to go out and plant as soon as I get off of this computer. It was so nice finally meeting everyone and your spouces, kids and friends.

What a wonderful jobs you did Heather and Barb!!!!!! And your property is just georgeous Heather.
    THANKS AGAIN and see you all next year.

• frogged
    16 years ago

Hello just wanted to say THANKS to Signet and Knotty for hosting such a great swap, as mentioned in the previous posts I think a good time was had by all. Im already thinking ahead for next year. Another thanks to those who swaped with me, I got some great plants and am looking forward to watching them grow. Only 7 more hours till I can plant them! Yeah !!

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Blueiris ,

Wanted you to know that Elaine and Laine2 are one and the same person so if you put plants where the Name tag said Elaine, then they got to Laine2 the person for whom you intended them .

Signet

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone... I'm giggling my arse off reading all your posts. I'm SOOOOO glad you all had a good time, especially to the first timers who've never been to a swap before, it's nice that you had a good experience on your first time out and won't be shy to join in again some time.

I have to say that I was getting a bit nervous as the number of confirmed attendees reached 40 and 41. I guess I don't have as much confidence in myself as Heather does. She kept saying "it's gonna be good" lol...thanks for keeping me in line Heather! :o) and it WAS good. I enjoyed meeting all the new folks and my only regret is that I didn't have time to spend with each and every person who came. It goes without saying that I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed the day, especially those who had to travel a great distance to attend.

NOW...I really have to get my arse outside and plant all those plants. As some of you know I worked night shift in Paris and drove directly to Heathers when my shift ended then after the swap I went with Nyssaman/Jeff to his blossoming "native arboretum/nursery". By the time I arrived home in Woodstock, unloaded the van and sat down I was three sheets to the wind. I only just woke up more than 12 hours later with a stiff neck and back but feeling much refreshed after that long stint of being awake.

Thank you SOOOO much to everyone who gave me plants and to all that supplied extras to the gamblers circle as I took several items from there as well.

It was a great success because of everyone who attended so we can ALL give ourselves a pat on the back for our participation. :o)

Barb/knottyceltic
    PS... to those that took photos, please post them so we can show off that amazing gambler's circle and see everyone once again (esp. Bill and daughter Gwen who won the BEST GARDENING HANDS award!)

• wmc1
    16 years ago

{{gwi:687198}}
    {{gwi:687201}}
    {{gwi:687204}}
    {{gwi:687207}}
    {{gwi:687210}}
    {{gwi:687213}}
    {{gwi:687216}}
    {{gwi:687219}}
    {{gwi:687222}}
    {{gwi:687224}}
    {{gwi:687226}}
    {{gwi:687228}}
    {{gwi:687230}}

• skraps
    16 years ago

Thanks to all for the trades. It was great meeting you all.
    It sure was worth the drive best swap we have ever been to.Looking forward to next year.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well speaking of next year... we need someone or two someone's to volunteer to host/cohost the 2008 Plant Swap. Heather has done it two years in a row now and we feel it's time to pass the torch. So come on y'all, think about it and lets see someone volunteer to continue the annual swap into the 4th consecutive year.

Barb/knottyceltic

• laine2
    16 years ago

Just want to say Thanks to Heather& Barb for hosting the swap best one so far for me. Great to meet so many wonderful people from all over .There is going to be another fall swap in AJAX so I hope if some aren't to far we will meet again if not hope to see you next year?
    Happy Gardening "May All Your Weeds be Wildflowers"Laine 2

• mandyy12
    16 years ago

A few photos from Sunday.

• mandyy12
    16 years ago

A few photos from Sunday's Swap meet.

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the additional photos Bill (billl1). :o) What an amazing number of plants all together but that gambler's circle was something else! ;o) :o)

Barb/knottyceltic

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How are you all doing getting everything planted? Last year I planted all my plants when I got home from the swap but this year there was just no way with such a large number of plants and with having had no sleep. I started on Monday and have planted a little bit each day and today I am almost entirely finished. I have a few plants with some root/transplant shock, so I'm leaving them in the pots until they are feeling better. No sense adding insult to injury so I have them with saucers of water under them and in a nice shady spot where they can recover.

So how are the rest of you doing? I think Heather is going to be planting till October with all the stuff she traded.

Ross, that Monk's hood was just amazing size. It's in the back row of my deck garden right up next to the deck and it's so tall it sticks up almost a foot above deck level.

Jeff, the native plants you gave me each have a special place. The two spicebush are planted in my little thicket of spicebush seedlings and the Kentucky Coffee Tree is up at the front of the woods so I can watch it grow.

To all the people who gave me Lupines...they are planted all around my side yard and back, anywhere where they will catch a bit of sun part of the day.

From the gambler's circle I got a lovely little Iris...can't recall now if it was Japanese or German but it has one purple flower on it that has just opened. Anyone remember putting a single purple iris in a green pot? If you do, let me know which type of iris it is.

I also took extra virginia creeper from the gamblers circle, compliments of Bill and Gwen. They also gave me a pot of VC and a bag of cuttings to grow on my garden arch that leads into our woods. Once it starts growing up the arch it's going to look so pretty with it's scarlet autumn colour. It will be right next to 2 Wicheta Blue Junipers and some burning bushes and I love the look of that red and blue together. On the ground is bright red Cardinal Flower which will be blooming right around the time the Creeper turns red and behind them are Arrowwood Viburnums which turn yellow and Serviceberries which turn orange. It should all be a very lovely show of colour once everything is established.

Heather, I've got almost everything from you planted except for the Persicaria and Pulmonaria. The Persicaria is looking really good now so it can likely be planted next week but that poor Pulmonaria has horrible shock. I've known Pulmonaria to be very sensitive to transplant or divide and it looks like crap for a bit but then it suddenly rebounds, so I'm sure this one will be just fine. Do you know the name of it? It's the one with the large, ovate, solid green leaves.

I got a total of 6 ferns from 2 different people and all have been planted in my woods and are looking FANTASTIC! There's nothing like ferns to make a woods feel cool, even on a blasted hot day. :o)

Anyone else not mentioned, I've already planted the plants you gave me and they are all doing well. I had several colours of Achillia (sp?) and it looked terribly wilted when I got home but a few days in water and it perked right up and is doing really well in the ground.

Well, let us know how you're all coming along with your planting.

Barb
    southern Ontario, CANADA

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

Well, Barb you are really going to town with your planting! I am plugging away, between working and everything else. I am sort of going "garden by garden" and planting the plants that I want in each garden. Some plants have new homes in planters...cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, hibiscus 'simply love', marigolds and an unknown annual from the gambler's circle...not all in one pot, though! LOL. I am getting there, but have a long way to go.
    How is everyone else doing? I guess everyone is out planting...that's why we aren't hearing from you.
    Nice to see the pics. Thanks for posting them.

Lois

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone , I am hoping to catch a few people at their computer in hopes of getting an answer to this inquiry. Most are probably still planting ( like me ) all of the great trades and gambler circle plants they got at the swap .

Ok so here's the question :

Someone brought some daylilies to the swap in Pop boxes . I would like to know if possible if these are H. Fulva . The orange ditch lily .

Also thought I would mention that the people involved in the swap that were trading "Tiger" lilies actually were trading Hemerocallis Fulva , commonly known as ditch lily . Tiger lily is actually a bulb and is a true lily .Two completely different plants . Just thought those people might like to know for future reference.

I also have a niggling feeling that someone asked me for Penstemmon but didnt get it . I know Rosco_P asked for some and I did get his potted up but still owe him some trillium , (Ross I knew there was something from your list that I needed to dig up on the day of the swap! ) but there was another person who I know didnt get their penstemmon.....so please speak up so I can get it to you even if I have to mail it .

All I need now is some rain !!!!! trying to keep all these things watered is a nightmare.......come on rain !!!!! Anyone out there know how to do a rain dance?????

Signet

• knottyceltic
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a photo of one of my Hemerocallis "Fulva" for reference to those who thought they were called "Tiger Lilies":

Hemerocallis Fulva:

{{gwi:687242}} {{gwi:687244}}

Fulva is the great great granddaddy of most of your daylilies you have today and one thing that got bred out of most of them is that Fulva is a prolific spreader. So prolific in fact that you have to keep at it throughout the growing season or it can take over your gardens completely. Over the past 3 years I've pulled and divided and pulled some more and now I'm getting tired of it. It's quite suitable for anyone who wants a large plot of it, has a large country yard or to edge a fence or patio but for a small city garden, Fulva is not the best choice. Even some of the early hybrids from Fulva maintain the same root system and spread madly. Heather can explain it in better words than I can but Fulva has a different kind of root than most of the hybrid/cultivated hemerocallis today.

I happen to LOVE the colour orange, so I tolerate it's bad behavior in my gardens but some days I really do just want to rip it all out and put something new and better behaved there. Here is a sampling of my "ORANGE" Collection:

{{gwi:687246}} {{gwi:687248}} {{gwi:687250}} {{gwi:687252}} {{gwi:687254}} {{gwi:683964}} {{gwi:687257}} {{gwi:687259}} {{gwi:687261}} {{gwi:687263}} {{gwi:687265}} {{gwi:687266}}

Always on the hunt for something new and bright orange but no more Fulva for me ;o) I'll keep my little patch and try to control it best I can but for city gardeners with limited space, it's a tough one to contend with.

Barb
    southern Ontario, CANADA

• signet_gw(6b)
    16 years ago

Hi Knottyceltic,

Well, your geum is definitely orange ( and you said they called it Mrs. Bradshaw's Geum?) My Mrs. Bradshaw's Geum is definitely red red deep red. Interesting . Tell me how to pop a pic in the post and I will show a pic of mine.

Signet

Sponsored
More Discussions