Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: It's over -spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

signet_gw(6b)
15 years ago

Hi All,

Just wanted to write to say thank you to all for another great plant swap. Good conversation, good food , good drink , and great plants and great plant people . Yowza , can anyone ask for more?

I am just getting home now as after I dropped Mike off I had to go pick something up and ended up locking my keys in my truck . Oh how I hate when that happens. Rick had to drive all the way back into London to bring my second set of keys so I could get home with all the plants and the bbq. DUH!!!!!!!

I want to thank Jeff and Colleen for organizing the swap and sorting out a location and to them both for getting it all set up for us .

I will enjoy my citronella candle while I try to sit outside with the mosquitoes! It is a most appropriate gift especially with all the rain we have had .

I thought you all might like to know that the extra plants I took went to the superintendent at the apartment complex where my sister lives . The super was very pleased to have the extras and I was very pleased to find a home for them . WMC1 also took many of the extras and will be putting them on his lawn with a sign saying "Free to good home or something to that effect" Thanks Bill!

Next swap however , it will definitely have to be up to someone else to handle the plant overflow . I have run out of places for homes for your extra plants.

On checking out my plants on my arrival home, I am unfortunately missing a blue Salvia ( a trade with Capehlke for a Black Cherry Tomato) , and a Cockatoo impatiens ( a trade with Nyssaman for a baby banana plant) .....did someone take these home by mistake ? if you did could you please contact me .

Well , I am pooped and will have a big day planting tomorrow so I will say good nite to all . Thanks again for a great swap .

Signet

Comments (11)

• nyssaman
    15 years ago

Heather look for a label of parrot flower - that is the Impatiens - it was put in your pile in the morning - its about a foot high in a small square pot - it looks like a stem with all the growth on the top.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jeff,

FOUND IT ! The parrot flower that is .

Still missing the Salvia however . Hope it turns up! I saw Ross's clump at the swap and it was really pretty !

Signet

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Jeff,

FOUND IT ! The parrot flower that is .

Still missing the Salvia however . Hope it turns up! I saw Ross's clump at the swap and it was really pretty !

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

Glad you found your parrot plant, Heather. I know there are three things that I am missing, but I also got some great things from the gambler's circle, so I am very happy anyway. I will get them next time they are offered (I hope! :))
    Hope to see you all again next time.
    (Heather... put an extra key in your shoe when you go out! I hate when that happens too.)

gg/Lois

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Greylady ,

What 3 things are you missing ? Maybe something that is not supposed to be there , is in my humoungous pile .

I realize that these kinds of things are bound to happen when there are so many plants and people involved. I know that when I got back to springbank with Mike people were looking through my pile of plants that I had had to drop off so I could go and get Mike. I hadnt distributed them to the swappers I had swapped with yet . Plus my pile was right near the gamblers circle so someone might have thought that the plants were part of the gamblers circle and taken something . Hard to say . Anyway , please let me know that you got all the hostas that I promised you. I do know you got Twist of Lime as we talked about that one .

Still I would like to find the Blue Salvia . I wanted it , that was why I traded for it and if I can find it , bonus . If not then I can try trading for some another time but I sure would like it in my garden.

Signet

• blueiris3
    15 years ago

Thanks Jeff, for organizing a super day! I really enjoyed it, and am so excited about my new plants!
    Heather P.

• blueiris3
    15 years ago

Hello again,
    We were talking about carpenter bees, and Dave's garden has an article about them this week, that I thought might be of interest:
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1276/?utm_source=nl_2008-06-16&utm_medium=email

Cheers,
    Blueiris

• wmc1
    15 years ago

Great location Jeff, and it seems a good time was had by all, usually is with all these great people.

Bill

• barb_from_london
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone at the swap - I wish I could have spent more time there! If anyone is missing any Rodgersia or Astilboides seedlings let me know, I'll try to get a replacement out to you.
    Thanks,
    Barb

• greylady_gardener
    15 years ago

No problem signet. I was contacted about one of the plants and I don't mind about the other two. I have so much to get in the ground that I am probably better off without them right now! :)
    I am very happy with the great new plants that I did bring home and can't wait to see them all in place and growing.
    Nice and cool today and I am off work early this afternoon, so I hope to get lots done.
    Happy planting everyone. :)
    gg/Lois

• nyssaman
    15 years ago

I just want to thank everyone for coming out and making it a great time - The food was great (my favorite part..lol). Thanks Joe for making the long pilgrimage all the way from Hamilton even though you had no choice..lol..it was a great suprise ,thanks for the great plants. Rosco and Family thanks for making it all the way from Chatham and bringing great plants also. WMC thanks for making it all the way from Sarnia with a big bounty.Thanks to Signet, Heather for carrying my lazy a** for most of the day - I could not have done so little without your help..lol. Thanks Rick aka Signets work horse for cooking up a storm of grub. Thanks to everyone else for bringing food and themselves and making it a great day.

Cheers

Jeff

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm
More Discussions