Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Posted by greylady-gardener (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 21:10

I am starting a new page Jeff. I hope you don't mind me stepping in to do that. :)
gg

***and SIGNET*** that last post to you should be 'SENT' you an e-mail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Hi signet,
Sorry to not confirm your post until now - after much agonizing I decided not to offer the Congo Cockatoo in trade after all, but you're welcome to a Phytolacca claverigera seedling. Could I have another of your tomatoes in exchange?
Right now the Cockatoo is just a stick with a few leaves on the end, but once it sends out some side shoots (which I'm hoping it will), I'll take a cutting for you if you like. At this point I'm afraid of losing the plant if I top it off - I've never seen a growth habit like this on an Impatiens before.

o
RE: wanted: PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 22:47

Hi Jeff: I'm happy to get three Leonotis Leonurus seedlings if Signet is happy with one. Would you be okay with the following in trade: Penstemon barbatus, Ipomopsis (Scarlet Gillia), and Ceanothus americanus?

Hi Heather/Signet: sorry for name mixup in my previous post. I think it was almost midnight and I had you mixed up with Barb from London. Ugh. Something that looks like bluebells just bloomed beside the rain barrel. These aren't the Virginia Bluebells but the common Spanish/non scripta type. I can probably separate out a couple of little bulbs from the clump. I'll add this to the trade. Btw, the Kingspear you gave me at last year's swap was doing fine right through that warm spell in April. Then came the three-week deluge, and it didn't survive the wet and cold. Very sad.

Hi Heather/BlueIris: Yayeee! The Chaste Tree is NOT DEAD. All it needed was a hot day like today. There is very little dieback, and I could probably take a cutting or two this week. So I'll add that to the trade.

Reposting my updated available list:

Achillia "cassis"
* Agapanthus seedlings (mystery cross of Loch Hope, perfectly hardy)
Agastache "tutti frutti" (set of 2)
Asclepias incarnata "Soulmate" 1 pot of 4 small seedlings
Carthamus (Safflower) set of 3 small seedlings
*Cdn. wild ginger (1 piece)
*Cercocarpus montanus (Mountain mahogany) (1 small)
Digitalis carillon (set of 3 small)
Fibigia clypeata (Roman Shields) (2)
Ipomopsis rubra (scarlet gillia) lots of volunteers
Linum Perennial flax "Sapphire" (set of 4 small)
Morning Glory dark blue set of 3
Petunia, old fashioned climbing (6 seedlings)
* Purshia tridentata 2 small seedlings
Rudbeckia "Irish Eyes" 1 med. size
Santolina 1 x 4" pot
Silybum 1 med.
Stocks (set of 3)
Verbascum probably from "Banana Custard" (set of 3)

* means special-- only for something from my wish list

Wish list:

Arenaria/sandwort (white)
Camassia
Centranthus (red valerian / Jupiters beard)
Ceratostigma (any, hardy)
Liatris (any, divison, not seedling)
Rosemary herb
Russian sage
Shrubs
Veronica, any pink coloured

All for now,

Bev

p.s. I am bringing "Bev's Baked Black Beans with Bacon" (many Bees, like in my garden)

o

Thats fine G.G no problem with starting a new thread - glad you did.

Thats fine Bev 3 for 3 - With a side of baked beans and bacon.lol

Signet: I have a Congo Cockatoo for you

The Group: If Anyone is interested I have 3, will be 4 Castor bean plants Red/Pink - I grew these and knew what they were all about and just looking them up tonight freaked me out as I have a 1 and 3 year old so too be on the safe side I am trading them out.

Jeff

o
food list!!!

Here is the food list

Frogged: is bringing the potato salad
Signet: is bringing the Barbecue & and a dessert
Ross: is bringing hotdogs and buns
Mike: if he has a ride is bringing pasta or chick pea salad and some juice
Blue Iris: is bringing a drunken potato salad
Bev: Bevs baked black bean with bacon bonanza..lol..now I'm hungry.
If I am missing someone let me know?

The long range forecast @ 2AM this morning shows a great day of 23'C with a lot of sun and a little cloud for our swap Day Saturday the 14th.

cheers

Jeff

o
**updated list**--part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank p

I am reposting my updated list, to make it more convenient for everyone so you don't have to go looking for it one page one. Can everyone do the same so we don't have to search?

**NEW**--one cutting of plectranthus 'mona
lavender'(unrooted yet, but in a pot of soil)--roots easily so should be no problem with it.
**NEW**--geranium sanguineum
**NEW**--one nice healthy passionflower seedling, grown from seed--started in March--approx a foot tall and growing well.
--yellow loosestrife
--tall white phlox
--chives
--garlic chives
--walking onions
--little princess spirea seedlings(a couple of years old)probably at least a foot tall.
--one potted maple tree (I think--the leaves are larger and not as fine as the maple leaves around here--could be a sycamore from the neighbour's tree--just not sure! :))seedling(second year)
--sweet woodruff
--hardy geranium NOID--small pink flowers
--tansy
--comfrey
--small yew seedling (several yrs old but in a bad spot and not growing very fast--needs new home-approx 10" tall & bushy)
--small catmint
--small pot pink lily of the valley--ONE only
--small (approx 4") white rose of sharon. two only
--liriope-blue
--one NOID tree approx 15" tall found in my 'jungle' area :)) (I'm thinking mountain ash but have to check the leaves later.)

***Wintersown seedlings that are still small and some are offered as chunks(not big chunks, but with enough little seedlings to give a good start:

--Lychnis lumina—salmon shades----pot with a couple of seedlings—maybe three
--Lychnis flo jovis-peggy---pot with maybe two or three
--Maltese cross—‘chunk’
--Mignonette—‘chunk’
--Verbena bonariensis—‘chunk’
--Verbascum—possibly white blush(not sure though-it is white with pinkish in the centre, but as I received it as a noid from last year's gambler's circle, I am not sure of the name--I love it)—‘chunk’-*lots*
--German catchfly—‘chunk’
--Catchfly—‘chunk’
--Purple perilla—-3 in pot
--buddleia-purple prince-you can choose 'chunk' or one that has been potted singly....they are all about an inch tall.

anyone interested in african violets? I have three babies (one each in an Activia cup)that I potted about a month ago after they grew from a leaf. I would even be interested in a houseplant in ex. (three(violets) for one(of your plants) if it is a plant that I don't have.)these are either a very dark purple or a med. purple with a white variegation in the petals(not the leaves)
gg

o
Hey Bev

"I had you mixed up with Barb from London. Ugh."

Great, now I feel like a leper. What did I do to earn the Ugh?

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 21:16

Great Idea GreyLady,

Posting my list here again :

Double Feverfew
Evening Primrose (yellow)
False Solomon's Seal
Chinese Lanterns
Ladybells
woodland violets
1 spotted violet
Dame's rocket
Tansy
Forget me not
Centaurea montana (purpley blue)
Commelina
Centaurea Dealbata ( pink)
Lemon lily ( hemerocallis Lilioasphodelus)
I will have some unrooted cuttings of brugmansia some named some not

A few heritage tomato plants .
Lily of the valley ( white)
Poet's narcissus

Star of Bethlehem
Snowdrops
bags of Zinnia seeds , Canna corms and some Dahlia bulbs
Siberian Iris
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Rudbeckia Lancinata
Hemerocallis Fulva Europa
Hosta lancifolia
Some heritage tomatoes: Black Cherry, Muchamiel, Sweet one Million
Echinacea
Iris : pale mauve , Purple with yellow
Achillia "The Pearl"
Musa " Little Prince" 2 pups (Jeff does one of these interest you in trade for the banana you have. these are small maybe 2 inches tall )
Geranium cuttings : 1 Vancouver Centennial (rooted) and 1 Indian Dunes (in the process of rooting )
Jack in the Pulpit
Creeping Buttercup
Bull's blood sedum
Iris Pseudocorus
White Yarrow
1 division of Hosta "Sum and Substance"
One very small eye of Hosta " Spilt Milk"
Grape Hyacinth

NEW ADDITIONS:

White forget me not
Varigated hosta (trying to find out the name from the friend who gave it to me ) it has small spoon shaped leaves bright green with yellow edge
White and green Hosta (nice increaser)
1 division of Hosta Raspberry Ripple
Pink Obedience plant
Lungwort

BARB FROM LONDON: I dont believe that UGH was directed at you . I think Bev was expressing frustration that's all.

Signet

o
RE: ugh

Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 7:49

Yah, this will be my THIRD SW Ontario plant swap and the first two were at Signet's place. And I got her name wrong. Geriatric synapses. Double ugh.

Hey Barb, those Anenome nemorosa seeds you gave me last fall yielded one plant, which is growing happily next to the porch where it can be tended and pampered. When it's ready, you have first dibs on division / sideshoots / fresh seeds.

Adding to my list: I have a lot of little Sycamore Tree seedlings (seeds from Calton Swamp) and some little Pearl Bush seedlings (unknown variety).

o

Here is a list of my trades is it as follows:
If I have missed anyone or anything let me know.

Rosco: Stuff pre-arranged, I will bring the chinese flowering banana pups as Signet stated they may take root again and they still look very good. Hibiscus acetellosa also

Mike Dahms: I'm bringing your pre arranged parrot flower for whatever goodies your bringing can't remember now.

Signet: Chinese flowering Banana, lions tail seedling, Red Elderberry, Frosty Pink Brug - For 5lbs of obedience plants..lol little prince banana - also pre trade brugs.

Barb From London: Goji Berry for Astiboides Tabularis

G.G.: Hibisicus acetellosa for Maltese cross

Bev: 3 Lions tail for Pestemon barbatus, Ipomosis (Scarlett Gillia), Cheanthus americans.

Again if I have missed anything or anyone let me know!!

Cheers

Jeff

o

_________STILL AVAILABLE_________
flowering size PURPLE COLUMBINE plants
JAPANESE KERRIA
YELLOW CALLA LILLIES
1 LIGHT PURPLE LILAC
BLUE CADET HOSTA DIVISIONS
1 CAMPSIS RADICANS TRUMPET VINE
1 POTTED BACHELOR BUTTONS (FLOWERING SIZE)
1 SMALL POTTED PINK SHRUBROSE
1 YUCCA DIVISION
2 POTTED AGAPANTHUS
1 SMALL BEARS BREECHES DIVISION
1 SMALL VARIEGATED SEDUM
2 BLUE ACONITUM (MONKSHOOD) DIVISION
LUNARIA
FORGET ME NOTS
BRIGHT LEMONY YELLOW NOID DAYLILLY DIVISIONS

o

Hi all!

Bev, thanks for the trade of ceanothus and chaste tree for purple cleome and bellis

Signet I'd love to trade some purple cleome winter sown seedlings for your Achillea 'the Pearl', sorry about the delay getting back to you, I've been away from the computer, gathering donated plants for a friend's guerilla gardening projects. Bev mentioned my Texas Bluebonnet seeds, unfortunately they are still just seeds, have to grow them next year :)

Greylady-gardener - likewise sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I have us down as trading the following: my tiny seedlings of heliopsis ‘Lorraine Sunshine’, buddleia ‘black knight’, penstemon barbatus-scarlet bugler, and chunks of winter sown: asclepias incarnata, purple mullein, for your chunks of winter sown:
Sweet William—sooty, Shepherd’s scabiosa-jasione laevis, Amaranthus-fat spike, Purple perilla, Buddleia 'purple prince'. Please let me know if I missed something!

Here is my list of available things:
pink yarrow, nameless and 'Cerise Queen'
artemisia 'silver king'
mounding artemisia 'nana'
pinky purple cranesbill geranium
lamb's ears
black eyed susans
sundrops
columbine, dark purple or double pink/white
perennial bachelor's buttons
rose campion (hot pink)
centaurea dealbata - grows by runners but quite pretty pink
red groundcover sedum
autumn joy sedum
adjuga, green, burgundy, 2 variegated
creeping jenny
French tarragon
3 salvia coccinea - hummingbird plant

plus I've got the following winter sown/indoors small seedlings:
coreopsis tinctoria
heliopsis "lorraine sunshine"
maltese cross
sweet william "Pinocchio", "Beauty Holborn Glory"
1 tithonia orange "goldfinger" - hummingbirds & butterflies
ipomopsis
red balsam
monarda fistulosa
purple mullein
5 viola "cuty"
wallflower
campanula cervicaria
3 digitalis purpurea
red oriental poppy
deep blue balloon flower
burgundy/green variegated spotted hawkweed
NEW - 2 8-12" rose of Sharon either white or pink with burgundy centre

Thanks for looking!

o
RE: wanted: please choose an additional plant from my list!

Hello again to everyone,

I've been looking at my winter sown seedlings and some of them are still small, so I'm hoping that everyone I'm trading with can find something else that they'd like from my list so I can give them something additional.(rosco_p, signet, capehlke, Merja, greylady-gardener, bev_w & barb_from_london (NB the tomato plants and other non winter sowed plants are a good size)) I really don't want any hard feelings because everyone is offering such great stuff. The seedlings are all healthy, it's just that they are a bit small.

o

Sat, Jun 7, 08 at 23:29

Hi BlueIris,

Dont worry about your winter sown seedlings , that is the meaning of seedling ( it means small) I dont think anyone is worried ....and I dont think anyone will have any hard feelings. They ( including me ) are getting something they dont already have and that is a bonus !

Can you please confirm our trade for me : I have the following:

BLUEIRIS gets Allium, double feverfew , commelina, Hardy Cactus and Achillia 'The Pearl"

I get Varigated Phlox , Buddlia , Rue , French Tarragon , Red Poppy and purple cleome.

FLOWERGIRL gets Asiatic Lily Babies , Pink & White lily, Black Cherry tomato , Daylily Fuss and Bother , Muchamiel tomato and 2 different Geraniums.

I get pink lily ,orange asiatic lily, bunch of small ones
walking onions ,mini tan iris,mauve/pink historic iris
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg',lupine seedlings

ROSCO_P gets Ladybells, Purple Allium , Red daylily , Lungwort And ? I am missing something here

I get Silver Maple , Hardy bamboo, Japanese Painted Fern , Blue Rose of Sharon , Kerria

NYSSAMAN gets Brug cuttings , Baby banana "Little Prince" and 5 lbs of Obedience plant ( you think I am joking...ha ha , I am not joking!) but what else ?

I get Chinese flowering Banana, lions tail seedling, Red Elderberry, Frosty Pink Brug

BARB IN LONDON gets Sweet One Million tomato , Brug cutting , Echinacea

I get Astiboides, Rodgersia , Salmon Poppy

GREYLADY gets , Hosta Twist of Lime , Hosta yellow green spoon shaped, Hosta Raspberry Parfait

I get ? ( I am tired and dont want to search anymore LOL!)

MARION gets Achillia "The Pearl"

I get Wisteria Cutting

MIKEDAHMS gets Clivia & Black Cherry Tomato

I get Orchid ( surprise variety) and Allium karataviense bulbs

FROGGED:

Foxglove seedlings - for allium bulbs

Capehlke gets Toad lily

I get (cant remember LOL !)

QUESTION PLEASE : Who is bringing condiments that is , mayo , mustard , ketchup , relish, onions, salt, pickles ? A dog or a burger is just blah if you dont have the condiments.

Please please , if I have missed anything let me know

Signet

o

I have compiled a list of everyone coming so far. It is as follows:

Myself - Nyssaman - Jeff
Knottyceltic
Greylady gardener
Signet
Rosco-p
Blue Iris
Mike Dahms
Flowergirl
WMC 1 - Tentative
Capehlke
Frogged
Barb from London
Bev W
2 others are tentative may show also they are from outside the London Area. Again if I have missed anyone let me know.

I started another thread thinking I was posting to this one - Just ignore that one.

Signet: no Knottyceltic was not part of the tentatives - Thanks for reminding me - I went through the first thread sifting out names, a grueling feat in this heat I might add - I forgot that Barb was coming.

Jeff

o
RE: Have

I have 4 Castor bean plants red/pink 6 inches - fast growers - 10-15 ft by end of summer - tropical effect
I have 2 Beautyberry plants 2 inches high
I have 3 Sabal minor Var. Oklahoma - hardiest north American palm - zone 6 after 4 years - great for Sarnia or Chatham areas - They have a large Sabal minor growing in a park in Sarnia - Mine have their first strap leaf.

cheers

Jeff

o

Hi everyone! I am just getting some things in order for next Saturday-

BEV--I do have a small Russian sage beside my mother plant that I could dig up for you. Please let me know if you are interested.

your heliopsis Loraine sunshine; salvia 'snow nymph'; sallvia 'purple knockout and digitalis lanata for my 3 little princess spirea and WS verbena bonariensis

SIGNET--I have another small Russian sage that I could dig up for you also so please let me know if you would like it.

I have down that you are getting a spirea seedling; liriope; and virginia bluebells for your twist of lime hosta, raspberry parfait hosta and your spoon shaped leaf hosta (did you ever get the name of this one from the person that gave it to you?)

ROSS--your variegated sedum; blue cadet hosta; lunaria and agapanthus, for my rudbeckia cappuccino(WS seedling) impatiens balfourii; candytuft and verbena bonariensis.

FLOWERGIRL--your single coreopsis and digitalis 'snow thimble' for my carypoteris 'golden bluebeard' seedling and WS hollyhock 'queeny purple'

BLUEIRIS--your list sounds just like my list! :)& my WS seedlings are small too--some are larger, but some are small. :)

MIKEDAHMS--your cuban oregano for my impatiens balfourii.

NYSSAMAN--your hibiscus acetosella for my WS maltese cross.

PLEASE TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT MY LIST EVERYONE--THESE PLANTS ARE LOOKING FOR NEW HOMES. :)

Okay more later but right now it is starting to rumble out there so I will go for now. :)

gg

o
RE: PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Barb from London--
I sent you an e-mail through GW. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
thanks
Lois

o

Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 21:06

Hi Nyssaman ,

I am interested in your 2 Beautyberry plants and a castor bean .......Now we need to try to figure out a trade.

Also , dont forget to include Marion ( Capehlke's sister) as one of the definite attendees .

Signet

o
*** PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

I planted my 'nicotiona--only the lonely' yesterday--just before the downpour so it got a great soaking,(I should probably go out and see how beaten into the mud they are! :)) and I have lots of WS seedlings left so I am offering 'chunks' for trade.

My list doesn't seem to be getting any shorter so I have a 'special' on this week!!

******TWO (or three :)) FOR ONE DEAL!!******
please pick two (or three) plants from my list for one of your plants from your list.

***FOOD*** I have decided to bring another package of weiners and buns to add to the ones that Ross is bringing. I will also bring a cooler of ice with cans of pop in it.
--Signet brought up something that I had also been thinking about, so may I suggest that we share the condiments? I would be willing to bring onions and mustard,(because my DH is coming with me and those are his 'must haves :)) Do others want to share the relish, ketchup or anything else that they like to have? What do you all think of doing that?-please post if you are bringing a condiment so that we can see what is coming, so we know if we have what we need.

SIGNET & BEV---please let me know if you are still interested in the Russian sage that I mentioned in my post from yesterday. The babies are each about 10-12" tall.

Well I think that is it for the moment, but let's get trading and get these plants moving! :)
gg

o

Hi Jeff et al,

I'll bring the relish and ketchup, I have loads left over from a bbq at our place.

Cheers,
Heather

o

• Posted by wmc1 s/w Ontario (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 13:56

Will be there for sure Jeff, will be bring a bunch of plants and seedlings for anybody that needs them.
Bill

o

I have a few other plants that I would like to bring along.

*Another pot of Cuban oregano
*One ornamental pepper plant, purple marbled leaves
*Asclepias curassivica plant, just putting out new growth.
*Canna edulis plants sown in early winter, slightly tattered from the wind

If anyone in interested in any of these let me know otherwise I will bring them along in hope that they find a home.

Blueiris might you be interested in anything for your Ipomopsis, the birds finished off most of mine.

Mike

o

Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 16:47

Hi again all,

Well that storm yesterday finally took down that tree it tore apart last year just before the swap ..hmmm do these storms have a psychic link to the swap I wonder !

This year the storm ripped it up by its roots.I just love the weather around here. Also I appear to be losing all my elm trees to some strange disease or bug . I lost a whole arm of one last year the tree grew from the base in a V shape and we lost one whole side of the V and this year the other part of the V came out beautifully , and now is dying before my eyes. I am so sick about this .

So I am looking for some trees to replace these .

Preferably fast growers so if anyone has any suggestions or seedlings I am interested!!!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone have any Mountain Ash? the one with the orange berries or does anyone have any seeds for Mountain Ash ?

Well, it seems I missed responding to Barb in London's post about the Congo Cockatoo and Greylady's post about the Russian Sage . So I would just like to say to Barb " Hey , dont worry about it ! " and to GreyLady " I would love the Russian sage seedling please ! How about a piece of Hosta Minnie Klopping in trade ?

I also have one baby "Cyperus alternifolius" Papyrus plant potted (about 4 inches tall and two stalks)grows to about 14 inches tall and two baby giant Cyperus Papyrus grows to about 24 inches tall .These are possible to grow as indoor plants as they are not hardy ...I bring mine in every year . Just need to keep them wet and in bright light .

Rosco_P I would love to trade for some of your Yellow noid daylilies. Please is there anything you would consider in trade ( How about another daylily only this time a varigated green and white leaf ( double orange ) ?

Bev , would you be willing to trade Agapanthus seedlings (mystery cross of Loch Hope, perfectly hardy) for another currant /gooseberry bush ? or Sycamore tree seedlings? Let me know please

Blue Iris what can I trade you for your potted rose bush ?

Mikedahms I would be interested in your Asclepias curassivica plant, just putting out new growth. Can we figure out a trade ?

I have been trying to post this message since noon it is now 4:18 p.m. My wireless internet connection is the pits due to wind ?????????I dont know but very frustrating .

That's it for now

Signet

o

**SIGNET***Hi Heather, I would love a piece of 'Minnie Klopping' for the Russian sage. thanks!
I have a small tree that I potted up last summer when I found it and a couple of others that I will dig up for you if you want them. None of them are big, but I have noticed a few of them (maybe three or four) around the yard. I do have one that I wondered if it was a mountain ash, as it is in my yard near the MA that my neighbour has in her yard. I had some MA seeds that I WS this year, but so far they are a 'no show'. You can let me know if you are interested in any that I find.
gg

o
***wmc 1*** PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Take a look at my list and see if there is anything on it that you would like. I will not be bringing everything on it if it isn't spoken for......some will come for the gambler's circle, but if there is anything specific that you would like, please let me know.
gg

o

Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 19:09

Hi Greylady

I am interested in any trees please and thank you ! Just potted up your piece of Minnie Klopping. Thanks for the trade .

I need to add some baby King's Spear to my availables list .

Signet

o
Signet - Trees

Hi Heather,
If you're looking for trees, would you like a gingko tree sapling, about 3' tall?

o
**updated list**part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank par

**NEW**--one cutting of plectranthus 'mona
lavender'(unrooted yet, but in a pot of soil)--roots easily so should be no problem with it.
**NEW**--geranium sanguineum
**NEW**--one nice healthy passionflower seedling, grown from seed--started in March--approx a foot tall& growing very fast.
--yellow loosestrife
--tall white phlox
--chives
--garlic chives
--walking onions
--little princess spirea seedlings(a couple of years old)probably at least a foot tall.
--sweet woodruff
--hardy geranium NOID--small pink flowers
--tansy
--comfrey
--small yew seedling (several yrs old but in a bad spot and not growing very fast--needs new home-approx 10" tall & bushy)
--small catmint
--small pot pink lily of the valley--ONE only
--small (approx 4") white rose of sharon. two only
--liriope-blue

***Wintersown seedlings that are still small and some are offered as chunks(not big chunks, but with enough little seedlings to give a good start:-some of these are really growing fast!
**NEW**--nicotiana--only the lonely
--Lychnis lumina—salmon shades----pot with a couple of seedlings—maybe three
--Lychnis flo jovis-peggy---pot with maybe two or three
--Maltese cross—‘chunk’
--Mignonette—‘chunk’
--Verbena bonariensis—‘chunk’
--Verbascum—possibly white blush(not sure though-it is white with pinkish in the centre, but as I received it as a noid from last year's gambler's circle, I am not sure of the name--I love it)—‘chunk’-*lots*
--German catchfly—‘chunk’
--Catchfly—‘chunk’
--Purple perilla—-3 in pot
--buddleia-purple prince-you can choose 'chunk' or one that has been potted singly....they are all about an inch tall.

anyone interested in african violets? I have three babies (one each in an Activia cup)that I potted about a month ago after they grew from a leaf. I would even be interested in a houseplant in ex. (three(violets) for one(of your plants) if it is a plant that I don't have.)these are either a very dark purple or a med. purple with a white variegation in the petals(not the leaves)
gg

o

Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 20:25

Hi Barb in London,

I WOULD LOVE A GINGKO !!!! what would you like in trade?

Signet

o
**jeff**--location?- part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springban

Hi Jeff,
I was just wondering if you have picked out a location for the swap/barbecue.
I am not sure if you were looking to use a pavillion, but there is one near the main entrance (off Commissioners). It is a bit of a walk from the parking lot though. They may need to be booked...not sure as I have never used one.
gg

o

How about another tomato, or a Musa pup? Whichever you choose. BTW, did you still want that Phytolacca clavigera seedling?

o

Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 23:10

Hi Barb,

The musa pup or tomato are yours ...whichever you prefer and Yes please to the phytolacca clavigera seedling . How about a musa pup for the ginko ( it is a very small pup!) and a tomato for the phytolacca ? Thanks !

Hope I can fit all this stuff into my truck !

Signet

o

Hi Heather,

Sounds great!

See you on Saturday,
Barb

o
***signet*** part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Hi Heather,
Would it be possible to have your 'papyrus' for all the trees that I can find to bring you? I know that I have at least three. please let me know....thanks
gg

o

Heather you can have the Asclepias curassivica but if you do have Brugmansia Snowbank the variegated Brug that Parkway gardens sells I would love a cutting. I will also ask my sister if she is looking for anything because I think she is looking for Hosta divisions and it might be a better idea for to choose something instead of me. I will have to get back to you.

Mike

o

Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 12:10

Hi Greylady,

Yup , that works for me but you do realize that my Papyrus is a baby plant right ? As long as you are aware of that I am thrilled to make this trade .

Signet

o
**signet**- part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Hi Heather
I do realize that --see you said so in your post! :)

"I also have one baby "Cyperus alternifolius" Papyrus plant potted (about 4 inches tall and two stalks"

I am okay with it...no problem. I just came in out of the rain (the usual rain that happens on my day off!) from digging up some trees and other things that I have to bring on Saturday.
gg

o

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how long I can stay on Saturday. That is the reason I haven't committed myself for bringing any food. I might have to pick up my daughter from work at noon, if she doesn't find any other ride. I also don't like to miss my middle daughter's soccer games so I might drive to Sarnia for her tournament and it is her birthday. If I decide to stay I'll bring something but as of now looks like I am leaving early.

Here is my list:
Red monarda
Gloriosa daisy
Rudbeckia triloba (biennial)
Black-Eyed Susan
Lupine seedlings (mixed colours)
Tall phlox, white
Tall phlox, purplish
LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg'
Coreopsis, single yellow
Bleeding Heart, pink (flowering size)
Centaurea montana
Centaurea dealbata
Grape hyacinth
Daffodils, cream
Early tulip, yellow/red
Shasta daisy
Hardy Geranium, hot pink
Leopard's Bane
Gaillardia 'Golden Goblin'
Malva, pink
Digitalis purpurea 'Snow Thimble' seedlings (small)
Yellow historical iris
Mini tan iris with light blue beard
Mauve/pink historical iris
Campanula glomerata, white (Clustered bellflower)
Ladybells
Walking onion
Catnip

NEW:

Columbine, purple (3)
Columbine, black with white (1)
Columbine, dark purple (1)
Columbine, pink (1)
Self-seeded white datura, (small, and can be nuisance for self-seeding, not for me)
Tomato 'Round Lemon'
Digitalis purpurea seedlings, purple (small)

Self-seeded annuals:
Aster
Larkspur
Morning Glory, mixed colours
Malva sylvestris 'Zebrina'
Cleome

Merja

o

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 13:41

SIGNET: I would be glad to set aside a division of the NOID YELLOW DAYLILLY for you. Do you happen to have either any of the DAHLIA bulbs you were offering or any of the PURPLE IRIS with yellow?? If neither of these are available then I will relook at your list. I think I would like to pass on the daylilly if that is OK. Thanks. Ross.

o

Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 14:58

Hi Mikedahms,

Sorry but I dont have Snowbank ( I used to , but it died) the one I have is Snowcone - regular green leaf . Did I write Snowbank ? If I did, I meant to write Snowcone. If possible to let me know about the hostas, as I am not at home tomorrow or Thursday and I would like to get digging and potting up done today if possible.

Thanks

signet

o

Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 15:31

Hi Rosco_P

I do have Dahlia bulbs and I do have Iris Yellow with purple . you can have either which ever you prefer. Just let me know and thanks for the trade !

signet

o
re: directions to swap!!!!!!!

HI Everyone I went into Springbank park today to find a location - I found 2 - the second one is a back up . Via 402 or 401 Heading north on (Wonderland rd. south) you are going north until you reach (Commissioners rd west) - Turn left on Commissioners rd West( you will see Channer's Clothiers).After turning left head about 2.5 km Go down the hill and through the lights - you can see springbank park to the left. At the next set of lights turn north into the park (north st. intersection)you are now in the park at the first stop sign (storybook lane) you will turn left. The first location is 0.2km on the left it has 3 large picnic tables and a stone building we can get shelter in if it rains (it is close so we can easily load and unload plants). I have picked a second location just in case - the park can get very busy. The second location is another 0.4km - this time on the right side there are 2 large picnic tables close to the road (Storybook lane)in amongst red pines. For those coming from out of town you are going (NORTH ON WONDERLAND RD. SOUTH)- not south .

Sidenotes - 401 traffic take 402 exit onto 402 >> then take Wonderland rd south exit > NORTH!!!! - 5KM estimate until you reach commissioners rd west - 7 sets of lights

- 402 Traffic Take Wonderland Rd south Exit > NORTH!!!! - 5KM estimate until you reach commissioners rd west - 7 sets of lights.

o
**location** part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Hi Jeff
Will you be able to be there fairly early in order to put up a sign so that we will be able to find the area easily? If not then I could try and be there as early as I can, but am not sure that I would have the right place. :)
If not a sign then maybe some balloons of a certain colour or something just to 'mark the spot'
gg

o

Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 19:24

SIGNET: I'm sorry to be a pain here but what colour would your Dahlia bulbs flower be??Thanks.Ross.

o

Looking at the weather it looks like it will be a rain event - with 80% chance of precipitation that day - I was thinking I would try to be there at 9AM just to make sure we get our first choice area that has a covered shelter if anyone else would like to be there a little earlier to keep me company that would be great - It would be wise to dig out your rain coat for the event just so everyone is comfortable and stays dry - I was really hoping for a dry event - I don't know how these forecasters go from a nice sunny day of 26'c to a krap rainy day overnight..lol - Yes I will make a sign or some balloons to mark the spot.

o

Tue, Jun 10, 08 at 20:38

Hi Ross , I have red and purple
Signet

o

Okay --really hoping that the weather forecast will change. It probably will about a dozen times before Saturday. :)

Jeff, what is that building that you mentioned? If it the one I am thinking about, then I think it is a washroom. I am not sure though. If I get your directions, then the area you have picked out is not far from a pavillion and if it isn't being used, then maybe we could run there if it starts to rain heavily....or jump in our vehicles! :)
I went looking for an "emergency rain poncho" that I bought several years ago. I hope I don't have to use it but I will at least be prepared. I am not sure where I got it, but I think they sell something similar at dollar stores.

Don't forget to bring a chair to sit on, everybody. I'm sure you probably all thought of that already, but I just thought of it tonight, so for anyone that is like me and hadn't thought of it yet, then that reminder is for you. :)
gg

o

The pavillion will be too far to transport everyones plants from the road - I'm not moving my plants any farther than I have too (my trunk to the ground basically). This is a little stone buiding with ten feet of shelter (if it rains too heavily) and cover all the way around it with tables to boot they are only calling for 40% anyways so the whole day should not be a rain out - I didn't see a washroom there but that does not mean there isn't one..lol. I'm a little ticked tonight I just found out I'm getting sued for 1400 bucks to replace a carpet that was in excellent condition at the last place I rented at - They say they replace the carpet every 6 years and the carpet is 4.5 years old ( they got almost $30000 rent from us in 3.5 years ( we even steam cleaned this carpet professionally before we moved out )- it seems they say my dog left an odor - I know many people that have rented from this place and most have the same horror story. It will appear that I will be calling my lawyer in the morning.

cheers

Jeff

o

Signet

I was unable to get in touch with my sister today so I am unsure if she is still looking for a Hosta division. I would love a cutting of your Vancouver centennial Geranium if you still have one. I was just hoping that you had a Brugmansia Snowbank and thought I would ask you had not mentioned it. I gave mine to a family member when I moved but they lost it last winter.

Mike

o
RE: merja trade?

Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 0:08

Hello Merja,

I'd be interested in your Yellow historical iris and the dark pink geranium. Anything you'd like from my list?

Seems I've lost my prejudice against iris. I see them blooming now and I've decided they're nice.

Bev

o

Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 0:56

Mikedahms , I will bring a Raspberry Parfait hosta (just in case your sister is interested) . I can take a cutting from my geranium but it wont be a rooted cutting ..not enough time to root between now and swap . The other Vancouver Centennial Geranium has been swapped to Flowergirl .

Nyssaman : that sucks ! most places check the apt before you leave and you sign off on it and they sign off on it . This sounds like a scam

Signet

o

Signet: The RED DAHLIA would be great in exchange for the LEMON DAYLILLY. Thanks, Heather. See you on Saturday. Ross.

o

Hi Bev,

I would be interested in your Petunia, old fashioned climbing and Verbascum probably from "Banana Custard" if they are still available for yellow historic iris and hot pink hardy geranium?

Merja

o

Hi all, I am too tired to go searching so am hoping that if I ask, someone will see this and let me know. I have been out digging and planting and realized that none of my four o'clocks have come up. Didn't I see that someone had
'limelight' for trade? If I wasn't dreaming that, then I would really appreciate having one/some. Please let me know.
Thanks! gg

o

Hi All,

Sorry I've been so out of the loop this year, I've been away in Dallas. Looks like lots of trading has happened while I was gone.

To summarize my trades and please let me know if I've got anything wrong as I had to go through a lot of messages.

Heather P.(blueiris)
Trading:
* burgundy/green variegated hot pink phlox
* yellow teardrop tomato
* 2' giant snapdragons
* Oriental red poppy
For
* Japanese Iris
* Old Fashioned Blue Iris
* White bleeding Heart
* dwarf purple/white iris
* Purple Datura Seedlings

Heather (Signet)
* Allium Purple Sensation bulbs
*Toad Lily or Heuchera
For:
* Datura Seedlings
* Pink Peony

Ross (rocso_p)
* Japanese Painted Fern
* Euonymous Alata (burning bush)
for
* Heliopsis Lorriane Sunshine
* White Bleeding Heart Seedling

Lois (Greylady Gardner) - I can't seem to find the e-mail you sent me.

barb_from_london
Salmon Oriental Poppy for blue Japanese Iris

NEW TRADES:
Mike (mikedahms) I'd be interested in your Allium karataviense bulbs if you have any left.

Merja (flowergirl) I'd be interested in your White LA Hybrid Lily 'Iceberg', Black Cherry tomato and other lilies if I have anything of interest for you - give me some suggestions and I can probably split something not on my trade list too.

Bev (bev_w) I'd like some Sycamore Seedlings and can give you a Purple Liatris Division with bunch of new seedlings around it if that intersts you.

Blueiris I'd love to get some mounding artemisia 'nana' from you.

Still available for trades are:
-Japanese Iris (blue)
-Peony (Pink)
-liatris seedlings(purple)
-Heliopsis "Lorraine Sunshine" (1 more trade)
-Raspberries (Spring & Fall cropping)
-TINY Datura seedlings - double purple (1 trade) double yellow (1 trade)
-Dwarf (6") early spring flowering minature iris - purple with White beard
-Blue Perenial Salvia Nemorosa "Blue Queen"
-Native wild ginger (Asarum canadense)
=Dianthus 'brilliant'
-Wisteria - blue rooted cuttings
-yellow bearded iris intermediate
-double orange daylilies,

Heather P & Heather B, My sister Marion is bringing you Wisteria

JEFF: Is this the location you were meaning in springbank park? Http://ca.geocities.com/capehlke@rogers.com/springbank.jpg

o

You are right on the location (I'm sure your name is Chris if I remember correctly) - It looks like it is on "Flint lane" in the park - I did not see the sign (not sure if there is one)- for everyone Flint lane is too the left and storybook lane is too the right they are the same road - you want to turn left on Flint lane.

cheers

Jeff

o

Signet I was able to speak to my sister today and she will not be able to attend now so don't worry about the Hosta. I am fine with an unrooted cutting of your Geranium.

capehlke I am all out of Allium bulbs.

Mike

o

Hi Capehlke,

Does your Japanese iris flower for you? I tried it once and it didn't flower for me the first year and the year after that it didn't come up at all. If yours flowers for you I would be willing to try it again. I am interested in colourful big flowers and:
- lily (any I don't have)
- white Monk's-hood
- most Bellflowers I don't have
- Delphinium (I have oily blue and white)
- Columbine, McKana Giants, Nora Barlow, showy ones...
- Chionodoxa luciliae
- Cosmos 'Double Click' or something different
- spring bulbs (showy ones I don't have)
- most digitalis I don't have (have purple and white ones)

If you have something else I might like, let me know. I could bring you LA Hybrid lily 'Iceberg', pink lilies (small) and tiger lilies (babies, only 1 leaf). I don't have 'Black Cherry' tomato, I am getting it from Signet. But I have tomatoes 'Sweet Million' and 'Round Lemon', if interested.

SIGNET/HEATHER: Do I remember you offering real Solomon's Seal once (not the false one)? If you have it available I would be willing to take it instead of geranium 'Vancouver Centennial' so you can give it to Mike.

Merja

o

Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 12:59

Hi Merja,

I will dig a division of Solomon's seal for you but I have already taken a cutting of geranium 'Vancouver Centennial' for Mike about 2 hours ago. So I will still give him the cutting and you can keep yours. How about we trade Solomons seal for your black and white Columbine.

Capehlke:
I have got you a small toad lily and a small Heuchera division and allium bulbs.

If you would like to trade a Black Cherry tomato for Japanese Iris or Blue perennial Salvia Nemorosa "Blue Queen" I would be interested in doing that . Are you interested ?

GreyLady: The hosta with the spoon shaped leaves is Golden Tiara

Mikedahms : if your sister is not coming , and you need a ride to transport your stuff .....I can drop my stuff off and pick you and your stuff up if you like . I will be driving my truck so lots of room to put plants.

WMC1 : is there anything I am bringing for you ?

Signet

o

Hi Heather,

It's a deal...Solomon's Seal for black and white Columbine.

Merja

o

Hi all,

What time does the swap start at? I'm being lazy about reading back into the archives :)

Capehlke: The mounding artemisia 'Nana' is set aside for your purple datura. Is there anything else in my list that you would take for some Blue perennial Salvia Nemorosa "Blue Queen" if you still have some left? I still have some more of the red oriental poppies if those interest you.

Thanks for the trades,
Heather/Blueiris

o

Hi everyone thought I would post again before the swap.
Fox glove foxy lady
ribbon grass
lamium pink
yellow iris a couple small fans
Also I have what looks to be some volunter tomatoes (still small yet)from last year- I had roma, italian paste, and amish paste. Which is which this year I have no idea but they are all paste if anyone is interested. Frogged

o

Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 19:17

Hi Frogged,

I would be interested in your foxglove foxy lady please . What would you like in trade?

Ok I think I am done trading LOL !

Signet

o

Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 20:56

FROGGED: I don't know if you had more than one offering of the FOXGLOVE FOXY lADY but if you do and are willing to trade please take a look at my list of availables and maybe we can work something out. Thanks. Ross.

o

**JEFF**-I hope that you were able to speak with a lawyer and that it has made you feel better about things.

**SIGNET**-thanks for the information about the hosta.

**CAPEHLKE**--I had e-mailed you through GW around the time that you first posted and had asked for something that I have since been able to find from two others, so am very happy about that and thank you anyway. :) BUT :) would you still have any of the 'miniature iris-purple with white beard'? If so could you please look and see if I have something that you would like in trade?

**BEV**--Is there something that I could give you for your achillea cassis (if you still have it)? Please look at my trade list and let me know. I do still have a Russian sage seedling (one stem approx 10" tall), if you are still interested.

**If anyone does have four o'clocks-'limelight', please look at my list and let me know if I have something that interests you.
gg

o

GreyLady - Sorry I don't have any more of the the minature iris-purple/white

Signet - I'm confirming the trade for the Salvia. Thanks you for the tomato

Heather P - Thank-you for the Nana. Unfortunately I think I only have the one trade of the salvia. When I dig it up for Signet, if there's any addiitonal pieces that break off I'll set them aside for you even if they're small - no trade necessary.

Merja - my japanese iris flowers profusely and also multiply quickly. I wonder if it's because it's blue and bears more resemblance to the wild variety than some of the newer fancier hybrids? I know my 'old fashioned blue' bearded iris definitely flower more than my specialty hybrids. I can bring some of the Japanese iris for you and I can also bring you some digitalis volunteer seedlings. The digitalis was pink last year so assuming they grow true to parent, you should have pink offspring. They're not big but they should grow enough this year to flower next year. Thanks for the trades.

Rosco_p ...I'm wondering if you have any of the variegated sedum left?

o

Signet thanks for the offer for a ride but I live in the North end of the city now so it is most likely out of your way. I was planning on taking the bus but if you really don't mind a ride would be much appreciated. Just let me know either way.

Thanks

Mike

o
last minute trades and confirmations

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 0:35

Hi Lois/Greylady: Sorry-- the 4 Oclock "limelights" are gone now. And yes, I'd be happy to take your Russian Sage and give you some achillea "cassis", although the colour is more fuschia than cassis. Seed packets always promise something amazing but don't always deliver.

Capehlke: no problem for Sycamore Seedlings in return for Liatris Division and seedlings

Merja: yes to Climbing Petunia and Verbascum (probably from "Banana Custard") yellow historic iris and hot pink hardy geranium

Everyone else I think I've already confirmed...

-Bev

o

CAPEHLKE: Yes I can set aside a division of VARIEGATED SEDUM for you. Do you happen to have any BLUE SALVIA for trade??

o

Hello, so Signet yup I have you down for a swap already of the foxglove seedlings back on the first page sorry I didn't put that in my last post.
I have Merja down as well for the same
Ross I have you down for the same if you have any of the Agapanthus OR Bears breches they look very pretty on the interenet if not then the sedum or the Monkshood are great as well.
Mike depending on where in the North end I might be able to offer you a lift. Im likely coming into town from the north west likely wonderland or Richmond. If this is near you we could arrange a pick up place and time. Let me know if you are interested Frogged(Kim)

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 10:02

FROGGED: I have either an AGAPANTHUS or a small rooted division of the BEARS BREECHES...whichever you prefer. Thanks for the trade of FOXGLOVE.Ross.

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 10:13

Hi all,

I am getting excited about tomorrow! I dont have to host! Yay! I get to mingle LOL ! Life is good !

Mikedahms: No problem picking you up . I will go to springbank and drop off my stuff and then go get you and your stuff. I just have to head back on commissioners from springbank either up Sanitorium road and out to Oxford and I am already half way there .

I think you mentioned you were near UWO so that is not that much farther north . So you will need to email me with your address and instructions on how to get there from Oxford street. we will also need to determine a time ( and I will do my best to be there for that time ....always necessary to give me a little leeway for traffic but that should be it )

If Swap starts at 11:00 I will try to be at springbank to drop my stuff off around 10 or if it starts at 12 I will try to be there around 11 ( I'll ask Jeff to watch it since he says he will be there early Would you do that for me Jeff?) and then head off to get you . You will need to watch for an old lady in an old white Mazda truck LOL !

Jeff we really need to know the exact start time please!

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful trades! I say this now in case I forget to thank everyone in person tomorrow .

I really look forward to the swaps every spring.....and I really really appreciate Jeff taking up the organizing end of it this year .

So a HUGE BIG THANK YOU TO YOU JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I just needed a break from that part this year as I have so much to do here it isnt funny and it's not all done yet unfortunately .

Thanks Capehlke for the trade of Salvia for Black Cherry tomato.

Merja: I just tried digging the pink and white lily , It came upbut the bulb didnt ( I have no idea how far down that damn bulb is as I dug down a foot and a half and didnt find it ! I didnt know much about gardening when I started 10 or so years ago and I guess I planted way too deep )

The plant itsent has plenty of feeder roots and I have potted it up for you but I dont know if it will survive. So very sorry ! I have dug two different daylilies to compensate one is a mini rusty spider and the other is an unknown that I got in a trade from someone here on GW a few years ago. I am only going to see it bloom myself for the first time this year. Anyway , I will do my best to try to find you a pink and white lily this season ( there is a place down the road from me that I want to visit that may have them ). I think it is called Stargazer so I will search one out for you. I have also included some baby lily bulbs from a lily called Denia a pretty pink lily with spots ( I will bring the pics of the two sets of baby lily bulbs so you can see what they look like . Again my apologies about this !

That's all for now

Signet

o

Everyone - The time of the swap is 11AM always has been - I don't know how this time thing keeps getting screwed up - I will be there early . I will be dropping my wife at the location to secure it @ 8 AM maybe earlier - then dropping the kids of at grandmas grabbing some plants and heading back - it will be a nice day tomorrow so the park will be very busy. Signet someone will be there either my wife Colleen or myself or both.

Jeff

o
RE: wanted: again PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 11:58

I forgot .....I have 2 inch seedlings of Yvonne's Salvia to trade . Red flower grows to 5 plus feet tall.

Signet

o

I'm interested in the salvias Signet. I also have a parrot flower for you signet( cockatoo flower) - don't know if you saw that in the previous posts or not

Jeff

o
RE: wanted: Another PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springban

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 13:28

Jeff thanks for clearing up the start time . The confusion stemmed from acouple of different emails in the original page of posts .

I initially asked for an 11 oclock start so that I could ease into the day In the fourth messsage you said "Thanks Heather lets make it noon on Saturday" Then Capehlke wrote "So we're saying SATURDAY, JUNE 14TH, 11AM then?" then you wrote " The day of the Swap will be Saturday June 14th The time of the Swap will be 11AM until 3PM - 4 ish . Thus the confusion . So now we know it is a confirmed 11 a.m. start

I swear I updated my last post . Wonder where it went . Anyway last post should read that I have 2 one inch tall seedlings of Yvonne's Salvia to trade If anyone is interested.

signet

o
RE: wanted: #3PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 14:31

Hi Jeff , The salvias are yours . I inquired previously about your 2 Beautyberry plants and a castor bean . How about the 2 salvias for the beautyberry . What would you like for a castor bean? and what do I owe you for the cockatoo flower?

If you can't decide today , you can always bring the kids and Colleen over for a visit and pick something out then if you like .

Signet

o

Rosco_p - yes the trade of the Salvia for the Sedum would be great and I have potted one up for you accordingly.

Heather - I wasn't sure if you wanted purple or yellow Datura so I included one of each for you.

In other news I've been called into work tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to swing by early. My sister is definitely stil going and will be distributing my plants to anyone that I miss and she'll also be picking up my trades (she's wonderful!). Sorry I won't be able to see you all in person this year. I've labelled everything really clearly for her so I don't think it will be a problem.

o

Hello Ross the agapanthus sounds great thanks so much. See everyone there !

o
RE: bring seeds too?

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 16:19

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, rain or shine.

May I suggest that we bring our seed stashes, too? It's not too late to start perennials... Plus, if it rains, we can swap seeds while eating lunch under the shelter...

Bev

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 17:14

_________STILL AVAILABLE_________

Purple Columbine plant
JAPANESE KERRIA
several growing UNKNOWN (probably pink/red) CALLA LILLIES
1 LIGHT PURPLE LILAC division
small BLUE CADET HOSTA DIVISIONS
1 CAMPSIS RADICANS TRUMPET VINE
1 SMALL POTTED PINK SHRUBROSE

2 very_SMALL BEARS BREECHES DIVISIONS

LUNARIA
FORGET ME NOTS

o
**ross**-- part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Do I have anything that you would take for some calla lilies?
My list is near the top of this page.
thanks
gg

o

Good idea about the seeds, Bev! I will pack some of mine up and bring them.
gg

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 18:24

GREYLADY: I will bring along a couple of CALLA LILLIES for you. Do you happen to have a piece of tall WHITE PHLOX and any WALKING ONIONS left? Thanks. Ross.

o
RE: wanted: 4 PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 18:54

HI Rosco_p, what would you take for the 1 SMALL POTTED PINK SHRUBROSE and a small BLUE CADET HOSTA DIVISION?

Signet

o

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell you that I'll try to get to the swap after I drop the kids off at their tennis lessons, which puts my ETA at around 11:45 - 12 noonish. Mike, I'm hoping you'll still be there at that point, as I owe you some money for the Ceropegia cuttings ordered from Paul Shirley Succulents. I probably will have to leave fairly soon as I will have to rush back to the east end to pick the kids up after lessons... So I'm not likely to be staying for lunch, sorry. To recap what I'm bringing re. trades:
Rosco - Rodgersia seedling
Signet - gingko sapling, phytolacca seedling, rodgersia seedling, astilboides seedling, salmon oriental poppy division
Jeff - Astilboides tabularis
Blueiris - fernleaf peony division
Capelhke - Salmon oriental poppy division
If I forgot anyone, please email a reminder!
See you later,
Barb

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 19:07

SIGNET:The pink shrub rose and the small "blue cadet" hosta division are yours. If you have a small piece of yellow/purple Iris I would like that...if not that is fine. Thanks. See you tomorrow. Ross.

o

ROSS: Would you have any 'Blue Cadet' hosta letf? If so, is their anything on my list that you would like for it?

SIGNET: Don't worry about the lilies. Absolutely not necessary to go and buy a Stargazer lily for me. I'll tell you my horror stories tomorrow concerning these plants...something to do with heat and earwigs.

EVERYONE: Is everyone bringing their own plates and forks? Or is somebody bringing them? I could bring napkins since I have 'tons' of them from Costco.

Merja

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 20:24

FLOWERGIRL: Yes I can muster up another "BLUE CADET" hosta for you. If you have a piece of either your Gloriosa Daisy or LEOPARD BANE, it would be nice. If not don"t worry you are welcome to the hosta anyway. See you tomorrow. Ross.

o

Signet - one beautyberry seedling went kaput - so I just have the one now.

Jeff

o

I am bringing 20 plates and 20 cups - If anyone can bring a roll of tickets that they have laying around for prizes - I just went out and got a bunch of stuff from dollarama and I forgot to buy tickets %^*&%*.

Jeff

P.s Does anyone have extra tickets for prizes!!!! the kind they use at Stag and Doe's.

o
**signet & bev*** part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank p

I have sad news about the Russian sage--I waited until tonight to dig them. They were each several inches away from the mother plant so I thought that they were seedlings. When I dug them they came out and it looked like they were actually sent out from the main plant. the one really had no roots and the other one had a few hairy type roots. I potted it up and it will probably get some good roots in a few weeks, but right now it looks really sad and droopy.
I wouldn't feel good about trading it, so Signet, your Minnie Klopping hosta and Bev, your achillea cassis will have to either stay home or you can look to see if there is anything else that you would take for them. Please let me know if you see anything.

I am sorry about this! :(
gg

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 22:53

Grey Lady , I will take the one with no roots. Put it in a glass of water overnight to stop it from dying and if possible transport it in water tomorrow . I have rooting hormone and can dip it when I get it home tomorrow and set it up to root then. Minnie is still coming to the swap for you LOL !

Signet

o

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 22:56

Jeff, I can bring tickets. Also, I'll try to round up some labels for name tags.

Rosco, I wouldn't mind a little bit of Bears Breeches (a little bit is all you need heh heh). I'm bringing a ton of stuff and I'm sure you'll find something interesting. I'll check the board tomorrow morning if you want to name something in advance from my list...

Bev

o
**ross**--part 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank park

Ross, I will bring the tall white phlox and the walking onions for a couple of your calla lilies.
thanks! :)
gg

o
RE: wanted: 6or8 PART 2-spring swap/barbecue/london/springbank pa

Fri, Jun 13, 08 at 23:23

I can bring labels for name tags if you think we need them . I have lots.

Signet

o

Signet, I will do that but it may be a lost cause already. It wasn't in water for a long time as I was so disgusted with myself for ruining it, that I threw it down while I tried to get the other one potted up. It may have a slim chance though so I will bring it.
See you tomorrow.
gg

o

Signet: that would be great for the name tags
Bev: that would be great for the tickets

Cheers
everyone and see you all tomorrow

Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here