Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: peonies

signet_gw(6b)
12 years ago

looking for herbaceous, itoh and tree peonies. If you have some to trade please contact me to see if we can work out a trade

Thanks

Signet

Comments (14)

• gardeng8

I have a red tree peony that has seed pods on it. I could save some seed for you if that interests you. No trade is necessary...I can send them to you when the seeds mature. Let me know...Hope your garden is growing well!

Carol

• gardeng8

I have a red tree peony that has seed pods on it. I could save some seed for you if that interests you. No trade is necessary...I can send them to you when the seeds mature. Let me know...Hope your garden is growing well!

Carol

• gardeng8

Carol

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hi gardeng8

I would absolutely love it if you would save some seeds for me from your red tree peony ( how exotic!!!!!!!) please. Thank you so much for offering . if you should think of something you might like in exchange between now and when the seeds ripen just ask ......I just may have it .

hope you are having a glorious time in the garden . Mine is just starting to reveal it's daylily blooms....Stunning !

Signet

• newine_gw
    12 years ago

I sent you an email about the possibility of an extra section of the Itoh Cora Louise.I used the personal email link so perhaps its stuck in the spam filter.I am in year two of growing peonies from seed and I have a bag in the fridge with seeds halfway through the hypogeal germination process...and another lot of seeds that I ordered from the Canadian Peony Society Seed Sale this spring sitting on the dining room table.Lots of fun!!!! newine

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Newine I did not get any email however I am very interested to learn more about your growing of peonies from seed please email me again and I will watch for it . I would love to know more .

Signet

• newine_gw
    12 years ago

I've resent the original email and also tried the link via GW...whatever one works. I have to admit that I got a little carried away with the seed idea. In addition to the seeds from the Canadian Peony Society, there were seeds from friends and also from the Gardens North half price sale. There might be a little space problem in three or four years....since I already have about a gazillian peonies.I am trying both herbacious and tree peony seeds as well as some of the species. Audrey

• pennymacdonald
    12 years ago

Wow..this sounds amazming you guys. Hi Signet! I also sent you an email but you may not have gotten it??? Anyways, my address is penmac@sympatico.ca
    Talk soon I hope
    Penny

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Penny
    didnt get an email from you either ????? what the heck is going on? did you send via GW or on your own?Now of course I am curious as to whar was in the email. Please try again or if I dont hear from you shortly I will write you.

signet

• newine_gw
    12 years ago

Did you get the instructions? I just did the reply thing from my computer. Audrey

• green_thumb_guy
    12 years ago

Most tree peonies sold in the garden centres are grafted onto rootstock to make them hardy for our zone 5 climate. I would be interested to hear if the seedlings survive our winters.

• newine_gw
    12 years ago

I have two tree peony seedlings that made it through last winter... there would have been more but for some inattentive weeding.Some of the seeds that I am currently germinating are of the variety "Rockii"; this is a very hardy type that can survive to minus 20F.

• ontnative
    12 years ago

Hi Signet
    I can let have some roots from Festiva Maxima (an old double white with red fleck cultivar) and a deep pink single (got from RBG as door prize several years ago). The pink has a Japanese name that I can't remember off hand.

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Ontnative, OOOOh that sounds lovely. What might you like in trade ? Are you looking for peonies for peonies? I have a very old white double that I could get some eyes from ( name unknown....sorry) I have actually had this one for 25 years or so ......it started off as a pale pink but within 2 years turned to a pure white (I never knew this could happen ) and it has remained white ever since. I dont know if it has something to do with the soil or what . I have lots of other perennials though that I could would trade . Email me privately please and lets see what kind of a trade we can work out ( fingers crossed)

Thanks for writing

Signet

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals
More Discussions