Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyn_dah10

WANTED: Yvonne,s Salvia

lyn-dah10
16 years ago

Hello I am new on here. I am trying to get some of Yvonne,s Salvia. Does anyone know how to get some. I have just read about it in Birds and Blooms. They are also having trouble obtaing these wonderful seeds. If anyone has any to spare I have lots of seeds to trade. THANKYOU. Lynne

Comments (9)

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

Hi Lynne,

I have Yvonne's salvia growing now and will have seeds this fall. Unfortunately it's too late to start them now, the B&B article was a little poorly timed I suppose. You don't have your email set to "ON" so you will have to send me an email if you'd like to be added to my seed list :)

-Joe

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

okay, I was curious about "Yvonne's salvia" and had to google it. WOW, that is amazing!!
    Joe, I would really appreciate having a few seeds if you had any extra to share. Thanks
    Lois

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

These seeds are a little scarce and I was only given a few this past winter. I have 6 or 7 plants growing now that are about 2 1/2 feet tall and counting in mid Jul :). So things look really good that they will break 4ft and product lots of those seeds this September.

There's a bunch of fellow hummingbird people (Link on "My Page") that will probably want some too, so we should start a list somewhere.

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

This is what it looks like if anyone's interested:

{{gwi:687800}}
    {{gwi:687802}}

• hostaaud
    16 years ago

What a beautiful plant! I would be interested to have some seeds as well. I sent you mail Joe.
    Thanks!
    Audrey

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

OK, so far two people have sent me emails and been added to this Yvonne's salvia seed list for this fall.

Barb and Audrey

I haven't received any other emails about this one.

• daylady
    16 years ago

What a beautiful plant! I would be interested to have some seeds as well. I sent you mail Joe.
    Thanks!
    Chris

• kend_gardener
    16 years ago

Hi Joe. It is a very beautiful plant! I would be interested to have some seeds as well.

Thanks!
    Ken
    Niagara Falls

• jimmyjojo
    16 years ago

Hi Ken,

Are you the same Ken in Niagara Falls that's on our Yehaw! hummingbird group? If you are don't worry, these seeds will be offered to our Hummingbird groups first and then what's left will be traded here. Just so everyone knows.

-Joe

Sponsored
More Discussions