Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newine_gw

HAVE: Siberian Iris....lots

newine_gw
15 years ago

I have 4 clumps of the older varieties of siberian iris averaging about 2 feet across(of course some die away in the cente)I need to radically reduce these as I want to plant more peonies.I plant to dig them out in August sometime and have my husband use the sawzall to bring them down to manageable segments.There are two colors..pale bluish and a darker blue. Looking to trade for older varieties of the double white peony(already have lots of festiva maxima)perhaps some trout lily, or what have you.I also have lots of other stuff to barter with. newine

Comments (9)

• origami_master
    15 years ago

I have some lily of the valley and varigeated hostas if you would like to work out a trade later in august

• newine_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Also have lots of lily of the valley.The green and white hosta now...are they the older kind? If so, I have quite a few of those as well(demolition site salvage)I am using them as filler while my newer and pricier cultivars bulk out.Come to think of it, I have a darker purple SB that could stand thinning out. Similar to but not identical to Caesar's Brother...once again demolition site salvage. Since the deed isn't going to be done until sometime in August there is lots of time for possible trades.

• queen_of_slow
    15 years ago

In the category 'what have you', I could trade any of the below:
    - small golden variegated hosta
    - pink-flowering astilbe
    - heuchera micrantha 'palace purple'
    - perennial rudbeckia
    - echinacea purpurea

• newine_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The heuchera possibly...now what kind of small golden variegated hosta? any idea or refer me to a lookalike on the internet.Incidentally when I said I was looking for trout lily I really meant toad lily.The perils of posting while under the influence of painkillers for a pinched nerve.

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

newine,

You sent me a private message but when I replied to you it came back saying that your address had permanent fatal errors in it.

What I was going to tell you was...

Yes, I love irises. I have a quite a varied collection of irises, sempervivums, daylilies, hostas, etc. I am only interested in named varieties of perennials.

Would you like to do an exchange?

Brenda

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

newine,

I tried to reply to your second email you sent me through Gardenweb. It came back again.

How about trying a separate email, not through the Gardenweb? Here is my email address....

valleyrimgirl@inetlinkwireless.ca

ttys,

Brenda

• valleyrimgirl
    15 years ago

newine,

I tried to reply to your email you sent last night. I talked to my internet provider and he said that in the message I got back from the postmaster, it says that your server is not recognizing your email address when I email you. Apparently your server says that ..."user unknown" and that "your server ([209.202.22.15]) announces itself as an IP address". I don't understand all that stuff.

So, that is why I can't reply to you. When your server fixes the problem, email me back privately again, okay? I would love to correspond with you and do a trade.

Brenda

• newine_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't understand all that stuff either. However, for the benefit of anybody who may have been unable to contact me for the same reason. I am trying to get it fixed.

• queen_of_slow
    15 years ago

Sorry for the delay responding. Re your question from August 5, according to photos descriptions and measurements I've found, I believe my (32-inch across) golden variegated hosta is a «golden tiara».

Sponsored
More Discussions