Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Eagerly Seeking Amaranthus

Posted by chrysalisunfurled 4-5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 11, 07 at 19:04

Hello All:

I am looking for large variety Amaranth. Particularly Prince's Feather (A. hypochondriacus) &/or Love Lies Bleeding (Amaranthus caudatus). I am in the Ottawa area. I have seen these in their glory and am yet to get my hands on them :(
If anyone out there could indulge me I'd be thrilled.

Thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Eagerly Seeking Amaranthus

I have LLB, what do you have for exchange?

Sharon

o

• Posted by sammyqc NE Quebec/zn 4/5a (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 17:40

Hi there. I actually have some LLB that I never got around to planting, grown from seed. I don't really have room for them. If you;re interested, I'm in Aylmer (across the pond from Ottawa. You'd be welcome to them. They're in one of those styrofoam flats, at least 25 of them, begging to be planted somewhere. Email me if interested.
Sam

o

I have lots of Love lies bleeding. If you are still looking for seeds. Lynne

o

I have what is known, or traded to me as "Bishop's Plume" seeds. Let me know if you want some.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Oh My Goodness...all of these replies were hiding in a the spam folder of a (very) rarely used email address. Shame on me, I have 2 addresses that are one letter away from being identical & evidently I used the wrong one for this forum!!

May I offer a belated thank you to all who replied.

If any seeds are available I would be happy to trade. I have a lovely thistle (forget true name...it has globe-shaped purple blooms & tends to bush...very eye-catching). I also have some amazing sunflower seeds; the parent plant was 3 or 4 feet high with over twenty mid-sized flowers. I also have an assortment of poppy seeds & rooted cuttings of a charming bubblegum-pink Penstemons (see link) which spread nicely & bloom from spring until fall (still going strong).

Thanks again for your replies...I promise to change the email address so as not to miss any replies in the future.

Peace,
Hillary

Here is a link that might be useful: bubblegum-pink Penstemons

o

If you still need amaranthus caudatus, please check my list for trades. You don't need to answer this ( I always feel I have to answer).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here