Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildie

WANTED: '07 seed trade anyone?

wildie
16 years ago

I am going to have to be selective about my seed trading this year b/c I don't have very much seed to trade, and with moving I only want seeds of plants I really really really want to grow... Later in the winter if I have extra stuff I'll look at offering for SASE, or for things that aren't on my list. Sorry!!

Seeds to trade: (and I may have purple coneflowers and giant shasta daisy's if they go to seed b4 the house sells!)

All trades are just 1 pkg this year, I am keeping a fair bit back to start my flowerbeds in the new house once we've moved.

Wild Rose

Morning Glory "split personality"(free pkg from T&M I never used)

Sunflower "Pastiche" (also free pkg from T&M I never used)

Pink Rose of Sharon

Aquilegia "Winky Rose"

Aquilegia "Mini-Star"

Aquilegia "Kristall"

Viola "Sunny Royale"

Viola "Blackberry Cream"

Seeds I'm looking for:

Lavatera "Twins Cool White"

Malva "Zebrina"

Malva "Braveheart"

Oenothera Flava "low growing evening primrose"

Tulip "Lemon Swirl"

Poppy "Purple Somniferum"

Poppy "Danish Flag"

Varigated Iris

Loofa

Comments (9)

• claubill
    16 years ago

I have some Malva Zebrina and Braveheart but they are all mixed up in the same envelope. I'm interested in your sunflower Pastiche.

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Claubill: Deal! I don't mind both Malva's being together!!!

• cmmwiebe
    16 years ago

What do you know about the legality of planting P. somniferum.

Pics on Google look gorgeous but I know there was a grower arrested in Calgary for having 1500 plants. See the link!

Clayton

Here is a link that might be useful: Poppy news

• nyssaman
    16 years ago

Yes in the article it says 1500 plants - growing a few poppies is not the end of the world. You need a lot of the plants to get enough chemical to make those drugs - you needn't worry growing a few plants in your garden.

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nyssaman, thanx. I know all about the ins and outs of growing the somniferum poppy's as garden flowers. I've taught it to all the local RCMP and bylaw officers.
    A neighbor begged me for my "held back seeds" this spring and I gave them up. Now we are moving and my plants aren't going to go to seed b4 we're gone. That's why I'm asking for them in my wish list. A couple of people who I've sent seed to, and the lady I originally got them from are hoping to harvest for me but I'm trying to cover any and all bases!

• cmmwiebe
    16 years ago

Is the poppy you are talking about the one in the pictures of July 29th on my blog? I am collecting seed of this poppy but it may be mixed as there is a dark red one with a red black centre as well. Also have a double red (?) which I am collecting seed from.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Prairie Journal in Saskatchewan

• knottyceltic
    16 years ago

If you have any left, I'd love some Aquilegia "krystal" in exchange for a packet of Malva zebrina.

Let me know my emailing me here.

Barb
    southern Ontario, CANADA

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

scmmwiebe, the kind of somniferum I really like is the bright purple kind. But thanx for the offer! I've actually found 2 friends who I've given seed to in the past with some blooming they will try to collect seed for me, and the lady I originally got them from has some extra seed for me. So my poppy garden will be able to continue!
    Barb, I'm emailing you now!!!

• wildie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Updated lists!
    Seeds to trade:
    Wild Rose
    Morning Glory "split personality"(free pkg from T&M I never used)
    Sunflower "Pastiche" (also free pkg from T&M I never used)
    Aquilegia "Mini-Star"
    Aquilegia "Kristall"
    Aquilegia "Red&Yellow"
    Viola "Sunny Royale"
    Viola "Blackberry Cream"
    Viola "Johnny Jump Ups"
    Seeds I'm looking for:
    Lavatera "Twins Cool White"
    Malva "Braveheart"
    Oenothera Flava "low growing evening primrose"
    Tulip "Lemon Swirl"
    Poppy "Purple Somniferum"