Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: '07 seed trade anyone?

Posted by wildie z3 Alberta (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 21:34

I am going to have to be selective about my seed trading this year b/c I don't have very much seed to trade, and with moving I only want seeds of plants I really really really want to grow... Later in the winter if I have extra stuff I'll look at offering for SASE, or for things that aren't on my list. Sorry!!

Seeds to trade: (and I may have purple coneflowers and giant shasta daisy's if they go to seed b4 the house sells!)
All trades are just 1 pkg this year, I am keeping a fair bit back to start my flowerbeds in the new house once we've moved.
Wild Rose
Morning Glory "split personality"(free pkg from T&M I never used)
Sunflower "Pastiche" (also free pkg from T&M I never used)
Pink Rose of Sharon
Aquilegia "Winky Rose"
Aquilegia "Mini-Star"
Aquilegia "Kristall"
Viola "Sunny Royale"
Viola "Blackberry Cream"

Seeds I'm looking for:
Lavatera "Twins Cool White"
Malva "Zebrina"
Malva "Braveheart"
Oenothera Flava "low growing evening primrose"
Tulip "Lemon Swirl"
Poppy "Purple Somniferum"
Poppy "Danish Flag"
Varigated Iris
Loofa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: '07 seed trade anyone?

I have some Malva Zebrina and Braveheart but they are all mixed up in the same envelope. I'm interested in your sunflower Pastiche.

o

Claubill: Deal! I don't mind both Malva's being together!!!

o

What do you know about the legality of planting P. somniferum.

Pics on Google look gorgeous but I know there was a grower arrested in Calgary for having 1500 plants. See the link!

Clayton

Here is a link that might be useful: Poppy news

o

Yes in the article it says 1500 plants - growing a few poppies is not the end of the world. You need a lot of the plants to get enough chemical to make those drugs - you needn't worry growing a few plants in your garden.

o

nyssaman, thanx. I know all about the ins and outs of growing the somniferum poppy's as garden flowers. I've taught it to all the local RCMP and bylaw officers.
A neighbor begged me for my "held back seeds" this spring and I gave them up. Now we are moving and my plants aren't going to go to seed b4 we're gone. That's why I'm asking for them in my wish list. A couple of people who I've sent seed to, and the lady I originally got them from are hoping to harvest for me but I'm trying to cover any and all bases!

o

Is the poppy you are talking about the one in the pictures of July 29th on my blog? I am collecting seed of this poppy but it may be mixed as there is a dark red one with a red black centre as well. Also have a double red (?) which I am collecting seed from.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Prairie Journal in Saskatchewan

o

If you have any left, I'd love some Aquilegia "krystal" in exchange for a packet of Malva zebrina.

Let me know my emailing me here.

Barb
southern Ontario, CANADA

o

scmmwiebe, the kind of somniferum I really like is the bright purple kind. But thanx for the offer! I've actually found 2 friends who I've given seed to in the past with some blooming they will try to collect seed for me, and the lady I originally got them from has some extra seed for me. So my poppy garden will be able to continue!
Barb, I'm emailing you now!!!

o

Updated lists!
Seeds to trade:
Wild Rose
Morning Glory "split personality"(free pkg from T&M I never used)
Sunflower "Pastiche" (also free pkg from T&M I never used)
Aquilegia "Mini-Star"
Aquilegia "Kristall"
Aquilegia "Red&Yellow"
Viola "Sunny Royale"
Viola "Blackberry Cream"
Viola "Johnny Jump Ups"
Seeds I'm looking for:
Lavatera "Twins Cool White"
Malva "Braveheart"
Oenothera Flava "low growing evening primrose"
Tulip "Lemon Swirl"
Poppy "Purple Somniferum"
Poppy "Danish Flag"
Varigated Iris
Loofa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here