Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

HAVE: Second Annual Tomato and Pepper Seed Exchange

hmacdona1
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am hosting another Tomato and Pepper seed swap that will include members from a few different forums. I wanted to post this a bit early so you had time to collect seeds or place an order. Here are the guidelines we will follow for this swap.

1) Seeds must be received by me no later than October 30th, so I recommend you mail your envelope no later than October 20th.

You can send "named varieties" of tomatoes or peppers (or both). Do not include mixes or seeds labeled "granny's mystery mix" or anything like that. I cannot, in fairness, send mixed or unknown packs of seed back to people that followed the instructions and only sent in "named varieties".

2) A minimum of 10 seeds per packet. A maximum of 5 packets of the same seed. An overall maximum of 30 packets per person.

Please ensure seed packets are clearly marked with the name, and whether they are heirloom, OP, or hybrids. If you are sending pepper seeds, it would help me a great deal with sorting if you could indicate if the peppers are sweet or hot as many individuals in the last swap had clear preferences. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well.

3) If you send tomato seeds, you will receive tomato seeds in return. The same idea for peppers, unless you include a note indicating you are open to receiving either in return.

4) Please include a list of what you are sending, your wish list and if there are any seeds you do

not want to receive. If you are only interested in heirloom or OP, please tell me that as well. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees of course. The variety will be completely dependent on what is sent in. In last year's swap, we were able to fill many items on people's wish lists so please take the time to prepare one - it will be worth your while.

5) You will need to mail your seeds along with $1.18 in return postage. If you are sending 10 or less seed packets, you should be fine just mailing in a regular envelope with seeds wrapped in tissue (I am happy to provide the return envelope in this case). If you are sending more than 10 seed packets, I would recommend you send a bubble envelope and I will reuse the same bubble envelope to return your surprise seeds to you.

6) If you change your mind after registering, and no longer wish to participate, please please

Please notify me immediately so we do not delay the swap waiting for your seeds to arrive.

This will also save me a great deal of time trying to follow up and track people down.

7) I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your gardenweb profile has your email address attached so I can contact you. Please check this before signing up for this swap.

Any questions. Please let me know. Let's have fun trading!!!!

ThanksŅHeather

NOTE - I WILL BE ON VACTION FROM AUGUST 21ST TO AUGUST 31ST AND WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO EMAIL DURING THAT TIMEcolor="#0000FF">

Comments (10)

• beetlejuicevoyager
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Count me in, Heather! I was so delighted with my experience last year that I will gladly participate in this one as well.

• newine_gw
    14 years ago

Sign me up as well. I really enjoyed the round robin this spring.

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

I would really love to participate, but not sure how the rest of the season will go. It has been an awful year for tomatoes so far. I hope they kick in and start looking like they will actually produce some ripe tomatoes before frost. I will try and let you know as soon as I can. :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The signups are coming in fast. Wow. 22 signed up so far and we just started yesterday. We even have someone as far away as South Africa participating. I bet we get some interesting varieties from there.

It's been a crazy year greylady-gardener. I do hope your tomatoes cooperate and you decide to join us.

Any lurkers out there???....come on and join us....you know you want to :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A quick update.....we're up to 35 participants (so far).

The more the merrier...more people...more variety...that's my philosophy :)

• jerem
    14 years ago

Im really interested in growing some more hot peppers next year and am thinking i may participate but i have a few questions if possible: I only have maybe 2-3 diff variety's of peppers if i send 3 packets does that mean i will receive 3 different packages of seeds? I have no idea sorry for the stupid question.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Jerem,

Not a stupid question at all. You are correct. If you send in 3 packs of pepper seeds, you will get three different packs of pepper seeds in return.

In fact, if you have lots of each kind, you could do even better. You could send up to 5 packs of each type of pepper seed and you would get 15 different packs of pepper seed in return. You could even mix it up and ask for some tomato seeds back if you like.

All I ask is that you do not send in more than 5 packs of any one type of tomato or pepper seed and that each pack contains a minimum of 10 seeds.

Hope this helps. I just sent you a private email as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey folks,

We're up to 51 participants!!! Wow! In only a couple of days. I can't wait to see the variety that is sent in.

• jerem
    14 years ago

I forgot to post that i would like to sign up! Cannot wait :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm just leaving on vacation and will be back on August 31st. If there are any questions or signups, I will respond to you when I return at the end of August.

Thanks....Heather

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions