Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: white flowers

Posted by runningtrails 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 7:03

I am installing a large white only flowerbed (for night time viewing) and would like to trade for some of the following please:
White iris large
white datura seeds
White foxglove (plants and seeds if not mixed)
white perennial sweet pea root
white roses and mini roses
white hardy dianthus
anything all white

Already have white: LOV, feverfew, tall phlox davidii, veronica, easter lilies, baby's breath, shasta daisy,

I have small pieces of the following to trade:
very small meadow sweet plant x 2
siberian iris dk purple
feverfew
tall pink phlox
pink LOV (1 pip)
impatiens grandulifera seeds
prunella vulgaris (heal all)
hardy hibiscus seedling
euphorbia donkey tail spurge
orange calendula

Follow-Up Postings:

o
white flowers

Hi Sheryl,

I have a white columbine (taller variety), small sized green hosta that flowers white, white beebalm
Let me know if you're interested.

Kay

o
RE: WANTED: white flowers

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 17, 08 at 22:42

Hello,

I have some unusual white flower seeds:

Incarvillea sinensis "Cheron" These are annuals, about 12"-18" high, feathery foliage with white tubular flowers. Likes part shade. Self-seeds politely. Very easy

Orlaya "White Lace". 18-24" annual, lovely umbels . Self seeds nicely. Photo here: http://www.mygreengarden.ca/gardengallery/2006/orlayawhitelace.jpg

Nicotiana alata "Aztec". The "unimproved" flowering tobacco, taller than the hybrids, longer-blooming than N. sylvestris, VERY highly scented. I've grown a lot of Nikkies and this is the best so far.

Let me know if you want any of these. SASBE is fine-- I'm trying to cut down on my seed habit...

- Bev

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: white flowers

I grew a dinnerplate dahlia called 'White Perfection' and it is a 8-10 inch white blooming dahlia. Let me know if you're interested!
Kenny

o
RE: datura seeds

I also have some white datura seeds if you want

o

Don't forget white Petunia. I like them because you can just about throw anything at them. Sun,shade,heat,cold,Drought and flood. Plus they are always in bloom.
I got some with nice 4" blooms and spread nicely.
Email me if you would like some..

o

They all sound interesting! I have sent all an email.
Thanks guys!

I would love a white perennial sweep pea plant, if anyone has one to spare. There are some, occasionallly, growing wild around here but the white seems to be rare. All I see in the ditches are the various pink shades.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here