Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
origami_master

HAVE: Fall group seed swap

origami_master
16 years ago

I will be hosting a fall seed swap again this year, counting on the success of the one last year. The purpose of this swap is to share seeds with fellow gardeners, who can see if they can get seeds that they want to grow in 2008, instead of spending a fortune on seeds. If you are interested, please leave your name and email here, and I'll contact you when the swap starts. I will also post here to notify anyone who may have missed this message

Comments (81)

• cowgirl2
    16 years ago

Yes, I'll join as well.

• fretza
    16 years ago

Count me in too. Seeds are on their way.

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got the first wave of envelopes today from
    Shanta (Burlington)
    Kirsti (Caledon)
    Marg (BC)

• Tinkerbel
    16 years ago

Im so excited about this seed swap. This is my first swap ever and I was outside taking inventory today and Im stoked but worried as Im not sure that many if any of my seeds will be mature for harvesting before I need to send them. Almost everything has just started making me seeds or is still blooming. This summer was so slow to start and is still so warm 28 degrees today. I dont think I am going to make the end of sept deadline.

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

Any more seed packets arrive, Kenny? Just want to make sure mine makes it there.....it was mailed at the post office on Monday.

• seagull
    16 years ago

count me in if i still have time to get seeds out from nova scotia

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yesterday, I got a package from
    Wendy (Cambridge)

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny,
    Please send me your address so I can forward seeds.

Thanks....Heather

• seedwizard
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny
    Count me in for the fall swap. Need your address please.
    My email is smo@mts.net

• claubill
    16 years ago

I'm ready to send my package. I need your address.

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today's Packages:
    Donna (Killaloe)
    Alexa (Killaloe)

• kaynik
    16 years ago

This is awesome! Count me in :-)
    Kay

• rose_tbay
    16 years ago

Hi there ... sent my seeds today

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got a packet from GreyLady Gardener from London

• wildie
    16 years ago

Kenny, put my pkg in the mailbox this afternoon. U should have it mid-next wk!! PS, I put my current address on it, I have to have the mail forwarded b/c of government stuff and they take forever to transfer over, so we're all good. But I'll send you my new address with the Wintersowing trade!

• cancolgirl
    16 years ago

Sent seeds yesterday. Kenny, I was in such a hurry to get it to the post office, I just droped the stamps inside the envelope itself after I bought them. Please be careful when you open the package so you don't miss them as you turn it over to empty out the contents. thanks

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No problem Nuria...I'll be careful

Today I got packages from:
    Sharon (Midland)
    Sandy (Hamilton)

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Packages from
    Nuria (Calgary)
    RoseMarie (Thunder Bay - I love your name!)

• Jeanne
    16 years ago

Hi. I sent my seeds today.

• latha
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny

I need your address. I will make sure I mail the seeds on Monday.my email is latharanga@hotomail.com
    thanks

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny,

Just send you a third email. Don't think my emails are getting through your spam control. I have my seeds ready to mail but need your mailing address. Please email me back by Sunday as I'm going to be out of town for the next week.
    Thanks...Heather

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny,
    Seeds were mailed today. You should receive them in about a week. Thanks again for coordinating.....Heather

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sure thing Heather! I got a package from
    Ross (Chatham)

• ianna
    16 years ago

Do you have a deadline? I'd like to join in too.

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ianna, I need to have the seeds by Oct 1...depending on where you are it may not be too late...chances are if you're in ON, I'll get it in about 2-3 days

I got three packages today:
    D.M. (Kirkfield)
    Jeanne (West Jeddore)
    chris (Winnipeg)

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Two packages from
    Heather (Calgary)
    Marg (King's Co.)

• wildie
    16 years ago

Kenny have you gotten my pkg yet? I sent it out Sept.18th....

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Two more packages today:
    Wanda (PEI)
    Joanne (Brandon, MB)

First of all, my apologies to everyone; I tried my best to fill all the lists and if there was something that I had, I just threw in a packet for you. For anyone who didn't get anything on their list (I think one or two) I'm really sorry...I will be waiting until wednesday nite to sort the seeds and will send them out friday morning. by monday the packages will have reached their cities and you can start expecting them starting tuesday, thank you everyone for participating and feel free to post any comments or suggestions to make the swaps better and more fun for everyone, happy sowing!

• cziga
    16 years ago

Did you not get mine?
    I sent it out a little while ago and sent you an email as well.
    As I'm so close to you, i'm surprised it is taking this long???

• latha
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny

Did you get mine? I mailed it from Scarborough on Sept 23. I made sure that there is enough postage.

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

5 packages today:
    Claudette
    Latha
    JM Aasland
    Audrey
    Cathleen

• wildie
    16 years ago

U still haven't gotten my pkg? I hate Canada Post.

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've been trying to keep track of everyone's packages, and I've just send out most of them on thurdsday so what I've sent out I don't know. I will keep three of the larger packages until Tuesday to see if there are any last minutes ones that Canada Post has failed to deliver, and if any show up after, I'll just swap them with what I have (if you don't mind), but whatever comes past tuesday I'll let everyone know, sorry if I caused anxiety, I should've been more organized

And, if there is any problem with your package (if it doesn't show up in two weeks, or you're missing a few packets of seeds, or whatever the reason, just let me know)

• wlongon5b
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny,
    I received my packet today! Boy that was quick. Thanks for organizing this swap. I got some seeds I really wanted!!!! Thanks again!!! Wendy

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

I got mine, too. Very quick for CP!! :)

Thanks for all your work, Kenny.
    Lois

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That was fast! I'm really surprised with Canada Post! The remaining packages will be sent out on wednesday evening and hopefully everyone will have their packages by next friday

• closer2u
    16 years ago

Big Thanks for going the extra mile..making lots of us seeds lovers happy Kenny........

• thehills
    16 years ago

Kenny,
    Received my seeds yesterday, feels like Christmas!! Thank you so much for all your work on this, I received a number of plants on my wish list and things I did not know I wanted until I received them! Thanks again for organizing this for all of us, such a great idea and time saver - you realy make seed collecting worthwhile! K

• wildie
    16 years ago

Hey Kenny U had gotten my pkg!!!! It arrived back to me today filled with all kinds of neat seeds most of which I'll have to do searches for to see what they are!!!!!!!!!!
    I too recieved seeds I'd thought of planting previously but always got crossed off the seed orders b/c the totals were above what hubby'd told me I could spend!!!! I love these group swaps! Now I can't wait for the wintersowing one!!!
    Thanx again for organizing them for us, U're the best!!!

• origami_master
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, Wildie, I guess I should've been more organized...sorry for the 'trauma' lol I'll be sure next time to ask that everyone put their screen name on their packages, learn from our mistakes!

• wildie
    16 years ago

LOL No problem just glad it worked out!!! good plan with the adding screen names!! did it get mentioned in the wintersowing thread?

• daylady
    16 years ago

I got my package today. Thanks for all your efforts
    Chris(daylady)

• rosco_p
    16 years ago

Kenny: I received my package today with a good assortment of seeds for my 2008 garden. Thanks for all the work that you put in too make this happen. This is what makes gardening interesting for all of us!! Ross.

• seagull
    16 years ago

received my seeds Oct. 10. what a great surprise!!! I can hardly wait to do another group swap. thanks for all your work organizing it Kenny.

• dmrs49
    16 years ago

Hats off to you Kenny!!!!!! What a fabulous job you did. Thank you so much for all of your effort. Just like Christmas in October.

Marlene

• latha
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny

I received the seed package today and 99% of the seeds I received are the ones I do not have. What a variety. I cant wait till summer.

thank you so very much for your time and effort and wonderful job.

Latha

• manicorganic
    16 years ago

Thanks Kenny for organizing this swap. I sure appreciate all the time and effort you must have put into this. Kujos to you!

• claubill
    16 years ago

I'm getting kind of envious. A lot of people have already got theirs. I hope mine didn't get lost in the mail. I'm looking forward to getting mine.

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Received my package yesterday. Lots of great surprises. Thanks for organizing the swap Kenny. It is truly appreciated...Heather

• claubill
    16 years ago

Hi Kenny: I'm getting kind of worried. I'll be patient. Maybe my package will come in this week.

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert
More Discussions