Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: New Member and starting Garden ...Again

Posted by countrythymelady 5a (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 14:26

Good afternoon from the sunny Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia on a warm August afternoon. More than a few years ago I was a member on this site and enjoyed many friendy chats and exchanges...then we moved and it's taken sometime to get back on my feet again but I'm here to happily say that I'm back diging and planting again ....and hopefully catching seeds to use and exchange ain in the near future .We live in Zone 5 and have over an acre in which I can express many different garden themes
as I procress.If anyone has any seeds that they can spare I would greatly appreciate Anything !! I had to leave all my plants behind when sold our last home ... Yesterday hubby and I started building a beautiful rock wall around one of my gardens and hubby has thoughtfully left spaces for inserting plants in pockets in this wall.I also have a large vegetable garden and have been supplying family friends and neighbors with the extra produce; next year we hope to sey up a roadside market of fresh produce and perhaps fresh cut flowers as well...looking forward tomeeting lots of folks this way...We live in a 100 year old farmhouse in the shelter of the North Mountain out our backdoor and from our front door we watch the shining waters of Silver Lake ....yesterday the first of the migratory Canadian Geese arrived on the lake ...their honking remonded us that Harvest will soon be over here and and to start thinking ahead to cleaning and planting for the next growing season.
Well I'm hoping I'll hear from some interested gardeners out there ... you can reach me here or thru my email address ...Happy Gardening

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: New Member and starting Garden ...Again

• Posted by rosco_p z6a ont.canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 19:44

Countrythymelady: So glad you introduced yourself to the forum. It is rather slow at the moment but that should change quickly as folks gather in their seed for 2o10. Keep watching the boards for the upcoming seed exchanges that will undoubtedly be happening. I am sure I recall Kenny(Origami_Master)saying that he was going to once again host his exchange which has become a bi-annual tradition...so watch out for his posting. This is a great way to build up your supply of both common and interesting seeds for the coming year. Hoping you will enjoy your time here and we will look forward to conversing and exchanging with you. Happy Gardening. Ross.

o
RE: WANTED: New Member and starting Garden ...Again

Kristl Walek (from Gardensnorth seed source) moved from Ontario to the Annapolis Valley last summer, to continue with her mail-order business. You should check her out. You might be neighbours now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kristl's info

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here