Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pchafe_gw

HAVE: Cold Hardy Cactus

pchafe
18 years ago

Hi all. I posted on here a while ago and now I'm looking for another trade. I have many species of Cold hardy cactus, I'll list the ones that I have in greatest abundance. All need excellent drainage and a southern exposure is preferred. I'm looking for whatever you have to trade, especially other hardy cacti. I'll even trade seeds if you like (and I'm interested in them!).

I have:

Cylindropuntia whipplei: Rat tail choya. Native to high elevations of the American Southwest. Extremely hardy, hardiest choya type cactus. Zone 4 (at least). Widely branching, to about 2-3 feet tall.

Opuntia humifusa: Native to Swest Ontario and throughout the eastern US. Low growing, bright attractive yellow flowers. Hardy to zone 4 (at least).

Opuntia polyacantha: Native to z. 3 and 4 areas of Alberta and Saskatchewan. Sprawling growth. Yellow flowers with red throats. Zone 3.

Opuntia fragilis: Native from Ontario west. small, tight little cactus. Flowers likely yellow. Have a few varieties. Likely hardy to zone 2 (at least 3)

Opuntia cymochila (bought it as humifusa): taller growing and more conpact that normal humifusa, leads me to believe this is Opuntia cymochila. Yellow flowers. Zone 4.

I also have a few non-hardy varietes for trade. One from a Florida collected pad. Tree sized, if given enough room and light.

The other bought as O. stricta. Also tree sized if given room and light. (Tree sized = 5 to 10 feet indoors in a matter of 10 years)

If you are even slightly interested please let me know.

Cheers!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz
More Discussions