Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Datura seeds

Posted by jimmyjojo 5b S/Ontario Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 07 at 15:28

A friend asked me to post for Datura. And since I can't seem to find out how to just search the trade lists of members in Canada. Here goes.

What colour Daturas are out there? My friend has the white and yellow and now a lavender. Does anyone have seeds for any other ones?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Datura seeds

I regret, i do not have any,but any Garden Centre should have them,There is no problem to get seeds at Canadian Tire and at many other stores.

o

Hi Joe,
I have only seen yellow, white and varying shades of purple. What variety does your friend have? I have Datura metel "ballerina series" in yellow, white and purple. The purple is actually purple and white. I have 2006 seeds left and will have fresh seeds in about a month or so.
Wendy

o

It's no big deal, I'll just keep an eye out for any new ones in the future. She already has the yellow and white and I sent her the lavender/white one. Apparently there is a pink version making the rounds too.

http://www.abads.net/datura/

-Joe

o

The only ones that I am waiting for seeds are a white one with a purple throat and a single white one. Is the pink a hybrid? If it is I am guessing that either it is really new or it is sterile, I'll keep an eye out

o

There most common Datura species grown are Datura inoxia and wrightii and the different colour variations of the double flowered Datura metel. Datura stramonium is also pretty common and is often called Datura La Fleur Lilac.

I have some extra Datura discolor seeds and Datura stramonium I could trade. Datura discolor has a white flower with a purplish flush in the center of the bloom. I might also have Datura ferox available but not a big trade.
J L Hudson seeds has many difficult to find Datura species seed available.

o

Thanks.

Mike I sent you an email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here