Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: apple scion wood in the spring 2014

Posted by speedwobbles none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 20:40

I have several fruit trees and I am looking to trade scion wood with others in canada

i have
gravenstine
honeycrisp
cortland
yellow del
royal gala
ambrosia

shiro burbank and toka plums
and
meteor northstar montmorsey cherry

looking for interesting heritage apple scions next spring
thankyou

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: apple scion wood in the spring 2014

I have Norland and Battleford apples as well as Pembina plum. Would be interested in any different hardy scions next spring.

o

I had a couple deer in the yard just at the first snows back in October, and one apparently had itchy antlers...I now have a very sad looking Goodland apple and a great opportunity to graft on repairs. I would love to try northern spy or winesap, but A need to find a Canadian supplier and B make a trip down to Calgary to pick up supplies at Lee Valley.
So does anyone have any idea what, where and who to start with. I would like to stay with heirlooms if possible and would also probably want to try a couple of pear grafts for the Ure I hope that would sufficiently cover my cross pollination requirements. So does anyone have any suggestions? I have Norland and Goodland apples.

o

Hi there!

I am afraid I do not have a whole lot to offer in terms of heritage apple, other then a good old Dolgo crab and Norland. I do have planted a Britegold and it did grow enough so I could spare a few cuttings.

In return, I would love to get a cutting of Honeycrisp and I might even try Ambrosia, to test if it can survive up north. Some sites describe it as zone 5 and others zone 3.

You can also check my site to see what else might interest you.

Let me know when is a good time to send out stuff, since your grafting window is probably earlier then mine.

Have a happy new year! :)

Alain

Here is a link that might be useful: Alain's Orchard

o

I would be more than happy to trade for some honeycrisp scions.

I have 2 gigantic apple trees at my country house that still give heavy crop of small/medium fruits (whatever the deer can't reach!) According to the last owner of the farm, those trees were already mature when he bought the place in the late 60s! I don't know how long an apple tree can survive, does this seem realistic?

o

Much easier to swap if the E-mail would be displayed.

I have over 20 varieties of apples, plums...

propose the exchange of scions: hifi75(a)luukku.com

my scion woods are high quality!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here