Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
speedwobbles

HAVE: apple scion wood in the spring 2014

speedwobbles
10 years ago

I have several fruit trees and I am looking to trade scion wood with others in canada

i have
gravenstine
honeycrisp
cortland
yellow del
royal gala
ambrosia

shiro burbank and toka plums
and
meteor northstar montmorsey cherry

looking for interesting heritage apple scions next spring
thankyou

Comments (5)

• gerpa
    10 years ago

I have Norland and Battleford apples as well as Pembina plum. Would be interested in any different hardy scions next spring.

• binaatthelake
    10 years ago

I had a couple deer in the yard just at the first snows back in October, and one apparently had itchy antlers...I now have a very sad looking Goodland apple and a great opportunity to graft on repairs. I would love to try northern spy or winesap, but A need to find a Canadian supplier and B make a trip down to Calgary to pick up supplies at Lee Valley.
    So does anyone have any idea what, where and who to start with. I would like to stay with heirlooms if possible and would also probably want to try a couple of pear grafts for the Ure I hope that would sufficiently cover my cross pollination requirements. So does anyone have any suggestions? I have Norland and Goodland apples.

• ajetteaqua
    10 years ago

Hi there!

I am afraid I do not have a whole lot to offer in terms of heritage apple, other then a good old Dolgo crab and Norland. I do have planted a Britegold and it did grow enough so I could spare a few cuttings.

In return, I would love to get a cutting of Honeycrisp and I might even try Ambrosia, to test if it can survive up north. Some sites describe it as zone 5 and others zone 3.

You can also check my site to see what else might interest you.

Let me know when is a good time to send out stuff, since your grafting window is probably earlier then mine.

Have a happy new year! :)

Alain

Here is a link that might be useful: Alain's Orchard

• frederic_p
    10 years ago

I would be more than happy to trade for some honeycrisp scions.

I have 2 gigantic apple trees at my country house that still give heavy crop of small/medium fruits (whatever the deer can't reach!) According to the last owner of the farm, those trees were already mature when he bought the place in the late 60s! I don't know how long an apple tree can survive, does this seem realistic?

• Gardening_Expert
    10 years ago

Much easier to swap if the E-mail would be displayed.

I have over 20 varieties of apples, plums...

propose the exchange of scions: hifi75(a)luukku.com

my scion woods are high quality!

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions