Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

HAVE: advance notice - unusual seed exchange

bonniepunch
15 years ago

This is just a heads up, as it's still too early to do this (many seeds are still ripening), but I will be arranging my 'unusual seed exchange' again this year.

Rules and info will be posted towards the end of October.

If you're new to GW, it works like this: You send me some of your unusual seeds, I swap them with some other seeds that other participants send in and mail them back to you. It is a blind exchange - you won't know what you're going to get in advance. I do allow suggestions of seeds you are looking for and seeds you definitely don't want, but ultimately, what you get, depends on what I receive. I usually allow multiple packets of the same sort of seed, so even if you only have one sort of seed, you can join in.

This is for unusual seeds only - not rare or expensive seeds. Unusual seeds are seeds that you won't (usually) find at places like Canadian Tire or Veseys. Named Hosta or Daylily varieties, native plants, houseplants or tropical plants, perennials that are usually sold as live plants, are examples of unusual seeds. White Echinacea or cosmos are not unusual. I will ask for a list of seeds you wish to submit and I may refuse some seeds if I feel they do not meet the criteria (this is to keep it as fair as possible for all participants).

Keep your eyes on this exchange page for more info! If you are an infrequent visitor but wish to participate, email me and I will notify you when the exchange begins.

BP

Comments (20)

• dmrs49
    15 years ago

Last year was great. I'd like to participate again this year.

Marlene

• skraps
    15 years ago

Please count me in

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Bonnie: I'd also like to participate in this exchange. Thanks. Ross.

• peatpod
    15 years ago

I will attempt to get some seeds together Bonnie .. so add me to the list

• skraps
    15 years ago

I would like to do this also..so add me to please..

• sharont
    15 years ago

Add me to the group again this year Bonnie.

• newine_gw
    15 years ago

Count me in as well this year.

• origami_master
    15 years ago

Bonnie, I would love to join the swap. Please add me to your list.

• jazzyjasmine
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie:

I'd love to participate in this. A lot of my seeds are still ripening but they should be ready near the end of Oct.

Count me in.

• wendy2shoes
    15 years ago

Hi..I'd like to participate, but confused with "unusual". Would Ligularia Dentata, Inula Sonnenspeer and
    Centaurea Macrocephala count as unusual? I have lots of seeds from these perennials, but don't know whether they would make the grade. I don't frequent nurseries and the seeds they offer. Any info appreciated.

• smurf428
    15 years ago

i'm a little confused also.. I would love to get in on this hope i have something that fits in...
    smurf428/jen

• jazzyjasmine
    15 years ago

To Wendy2shoes:

You have Inula sonnenspeer? I'd love to have that one. I was going to send in Inula magnifica seeds. I'd also love to try the Centaurea macrocephala. If you send 'em in, I'll take 'em :)

• origami_master
    15 years ago

I don't know if Centaurea macrocephala would be unusual, but I would love to try some. Maybe we can work something out ourselves/on the side?

• muffin1
    15 years ago

I read this post with interest and as I am a very new gardener I asked my husband with hope if we would have anything worth sending along. Unfortunately anything we grow at this point is pretty average from what I understand. It sounded like alot of fun though! C.

• bev_w
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie,
    I just realized I haven't yet signed up so please include me if there's still space. I'll send my "vetting" list by e-mail, probably next week.
    - Bev

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie. Contemplating on participating. Let me know what's going on. :O) I'll send you a list of possibilities in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks! Nicole.

• tegwyn
    15 years ago

I sent you an email on Sun. to join. Is space still available? Thanks Diane

• artteacherworking
    15 years ago

I am a new member but have named hosta seeds, old fashioned columbine and yellow hollyhock seeds. If they suit I would like to exchange.
    Peter

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry I have been out of touch - I have been crazy busy! Anyhow, over the next couple of days, I will be contacting everyone that posted in this thread and that emailed me to let them know that I will be getting this exchange underway in the next couple of days. I'll also post the 'official' exchange thread with the insructions on Monday.

BP

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

artteacherworking
    muffin1
    smurf428

I am unable to reach you because the email option in your profile is not enabled. If you still wish to participate, please email me privately :-)

BP

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions