Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: magnolia acuminata seeds

Posted by nyssaman Z6 ON (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 11:44

I have five fresh seeds of Canada's only native Extremely Rare Magnolia. This trade is only open to people living in the Carolinian range of Ontario and will not be traded to anyone north of Toronto to Grand bend nor to other provinces. They should be grown in an area where they do have protection from cold winds and do best in the moderating temp effects of Lake Erie(in a woodlot or close outer edged of a woodlot where protection of north winds is provided). Consideration for trade will be made for those closest to the shores of Lake Erie - its true native habitat - its survivability will be greater there. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow this tree. They are rarely even found in Native plant nurseries. I'm not interested in run of the mill plants please refer to my tradelist as a guideline for what might be acceptable for trade.

cheers

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: magnolia acuminata seeds

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 0:21

Hi Nyssaman,

I have some Chinese Windmill seeds that I could trade you for the magnolia . Let me know if this interests you

Signet

o
RE: HAVE: magnolia acuminata seeds 2

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 18, 07 at 0:33

me again Nyssaman, forgot to mention I have some bulbs for colocasia esculente "ruffles" if you prefer that to the chinese windmill seeds . Let me know

Signet

o
RE: HAVE: magnolia acuminata seeds

Jeff,

I live in the east of Toronto, and our winter is mild. Does it fit your criteria for growing Magnolia acuminata? Would like to make a trade, please email me.

davidmooc@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here