Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted:comfrey

Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 16:03

I would like to get some Bocking 14 or 4.
Anyone out there willing to share?

Thank you. Rina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: :comfrey

I have just regular old comfrey. bought a few years ago as just comfrey, so I am not sure if it would be 4 or 14.
if you are interested, let me know by posting here or to my e-mail address on my page. maybe if you are close by and you want some, a pick up could be arranged.

o
RE: wanted: wanted:comfrey

I would like to get some bocking 14 as well.

greylady-gardener, does your comfrey go to seed/spread? The 4 and 14 varieties are sterile, and the 'common comfrey' spreads.

thx!

o

madness123--the comfrey I have has stayed in a nice sized clump. I don't think I have ever let it go to seed. i do let it flower as the flowers are very pretty and they attract lots of bees, but I usually chop it right down as the flowers fade, and add it to the compost pile. It grows right back as if nothing ever happened.
I have the biggest clump growing beside the compost pile so it is convenient to add it. It is supposed to be a good thing to get your compost pile working well and speed up the decomposing.

I got my plant as just comfrey so I don't think it is either 4 or 14 (I didn't even know about other kinds )

o

I have the bocking 14 from Richters. Please fwd your trade list. Roots are pretty heavy for the mail...

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 19:36

dirtslinger

There isn't address to send PM to you - mine is on 'my page', pls. let me know where are you located. Thank you. Rina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here