Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madtripper

WANTED: Perennial seed exchange

madtripper
13 years ago

I managed a seed exchange last fall and it seemed to go quite well. I plan to do it again this year, so start saving your seeds.

I will post full details early November for a late November exchange.

Seeds must be fresh from this year, and should be perennial, shrubs or trees. No annuals or biannuals.

Search for Madtripper if you want to see the posts from last year.

Comments (8)

• rockstonegarden
    13 years ago

I am willing to collect some woody-plant seeds if I can get some seeds from others

• daylady
    13 years ago

Is it too early to be sending seeds for the seed exchange ? and would asparagus seeds be acceptable or is this just for flowers,shrubs,trees?

• madtripper
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is time to get this going.

Here are the rules:

1) Package up your seeds. Each package should have at least 20 seeds, unless it is a rare plant. I will not repackage seeds. Each seed package you send will be considered one package of seed.
    2) This Seed Exchange is for perennial (also shrubs, trees, grasses etc) seeds. Please do not send annuals or biennials.
    3) Write the name of the seed on each package. Include your name on each package so the receiver knows where the seeds came from. This also helps me with the sorting.
    4) Add enough stamps inside the package so that it can be sent back to you. I will use your envelope and your stamps for the return mailing.
    5) Add a mailing label containing your address inside the package. This saves me writing out your address and ensures it will be sent to the right location.
    6) Mail the seeds to:
    Robert Pavlis
    8 megan place
    Guelph Ontario, N1L 1H1

7) Mail the package so that it arrives by Dec 10.
    8) This is open to anyone in Canada, but not outside Canada.
    9) Limit the number of packages of the same type of seed to 3 packs.

1. Seeds should be from this year. Do not send old seed or seed that you have gotten through other exchanges. It is not fair for people to get old seed that may no longer be viable.

I will wait to receive all of the seeds. Then I will sort through them and send some back to you. You will receive at least as many packages as you sent out. Every attempt will be made to provide you with as much variety as I can. If there are any special genus, or types of plants you are interested in, let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

I plan to mail them back to you within a week of the deadline. That should still give you time to do some cold treatment if required.

Management is not responsible for lost envelopes!!

• madtripper
    Original Author
    13 years ago

rockstonegarden - aare you looking for anything in particular? I usually have a few woody seeds collected.

daylady - I would consider asparagus a perennial - I use it in my flower beds as a great accent plant.

• gardendoll
    13 years ago

ttt

• madtripper
    Original Author
    13 years ago

bump

• madtripper
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did not get much of a reply to this exchange. I have seeds from Sharont, and Ross Hale.

I would like to get some more participants, so if you are interested, leave a message and I will delay the exchange for a while so you can get your seeds in.

• rosco_p
    13 years ago

Robert: I just wanted to let you know that I received my seeds from the Perennial Exchange today and although the participation rate was low I am happy with the seeds that I received. Thank you for organizing this swap and helping to make gardening in the dead of winter interesting. Ross.

Sponsored
More Discussions