Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Any interest in a group tomato & pepper seed swap?

Posted by hmacdona Zone 3a Calgary (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 7:21

Hi everyone,

I'm just doing a pulse check. Any interest in participating in a tomato and pepper group seed swap? I am thinking of coordnating one later in November. It would be for named varieties of any tomatoes or peppers. Would it be fair to say a minimum of 10 seeds per trade?

If you send peppers in, you get peppers in return. If you send in tomatoes, you get tomatoes in return (unless you state you're open to either in return).

I have a bunch of commercial orders coming in and thought it might be fun to coordinate a swap.

Post here if this sounds like something you'd like to participate in. If I get 10 or more people interested, we will proceed with the swap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Any interest in a group tomato & pepper seed swap?

• Posted by cziga Zone 5: (Toronto) (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 10:32

If you get enough people, I would be open to participating in a swap like this!

o

I'd love to participate in this swap.

o

Hey there you, I am totally in!! Pulse is still strong here...

o

"Would it be fair to say a minimum of 10 seeds per trade? "

That sounds fair. Do you want to limit the # of packets of seeds, and the # of packets per same variety?

o

I'm hoping to see a bit more interest in doing this exchange. I may post a note on Dave's garden as well to see if we can get any international gardeners would be interested in participating.

Mayeeta, you're right, we will likely need to limit the number of packets sent and amount of the same type sent to ensure variety. I'll wait a couple more weeks after posting a note on dave's garden before finalizing. Once we have a good indiation of how many are interested in swapping, we'll know what guidelines need to be put in place.

Thanks...Heather

o

Count me in for swapping tomato seeds!

o

• Posted by jenf z7b BC (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 21, 08 at 0:23

Hi
I would be interested in swapping tomato seeds for peppers. I have many varieties of heirloom tomatoes. I think this is a great idea :)
Jen

o

Count me in too!
growjo

o

We have enough interest to proceed so I a closing off this posting. If you are interested in participating, please post at this link

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/excan/?26290

Thanks....Heather

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here