Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmacdona1

HAVE: Official Tomato and Pepper Seed Swap - It's a go

hmacdona1
15 years ago

It's official! We have enough participants from gardenweb and davesgarden to proceed with the tomato and pepper swap. Here are the guidelines we will follow for this swap.

1) Seeds must be received by me no later than November 28th, so I recommend you mail your envelope no later than November 20th .

2) You can send named varieties of tomatoes or peppers (or both). A minimum of 10 seeds per packet. A maximum of 5 packets of the same seed. An overall maximum of 25 packets per person.

Please ensure seed packets are clearly marked with the name, and whether they are heirloom, OP, or hybrids. If you are sending a non-commercial hybrid, please note the parent plant if known. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well.

3) If you send tomato seeds, you will receive tomato seeds in return. The same idea for peppers, unless you include a note indicating you are open to receiving either in

return.

4) Please include a list of what you are sending, your wish list and if there are any seeds you do not want to receive. If you are only interested in heirloom or OP, please tell me that as well. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees of course. The variety will be completely dependent on what is sent in.

5) You will need to mail your seeds along with $1.15 in return postage. If you are sending 10 or less seed packets, you should be fine just mailing in a regular envelope with seeds wrapped in tissue (I am happy to provide the return envelope in this case). If you are sending more than 10 seed packets, I would recommend you send a bubble envelope and I will reuse the same bubble envelope to return your surprise seeds to you.

6) I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to express your interest in participating. If you have already responded to my previous posting, no need to repost, I will contact you within the next couple of days.

Any questions. Please let me know. Let's have fun trading!!!!

ThanksÂÂHeather

Comments (48)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So far, we have the following gardenweb members participating:

Cziga
    Mayeeta
    Ladyk2008
    Niagra_jim
    Jenf
    growjo

Thanks....Heather

• animoosh
    15 years ago

Count me in Heather.....I'm in Winnipeg and am an avid gardener of hot peppers.......HB

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is great. Our numbers are really picking up and I'm hopeful we'll have a good variety for swapping. So far, we have the following Canada and US gardenweb members participating.

cziga
    mayeeta
    ladyk2008
    Niagra_Jim
    Jenf
    growjo
    animoosh
    austinnhanasmom
    safado
    luv-daises
    janusdevil
    vlkno

We also have a few from Dave's garden, making a total of 21 participants so far. We even have a couple of people from the US sending seeds in for the swap, without wanting any back in return.

Even if you only have a few to share, I would encourage you to join in the fun.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A quick update. We have 30 so far participating in this swap. Here's the list of gardenweb members (canadian and us). The rest of the participants are from Dave's garden.

cziga
    mayeeta
    ladyk2008
    Niagra_Jim
    Jenf
    growjo
    animoosh
    austinnhanasmom
    safado
    luv-daises
    janusdevil
    vlkno
    dirtdiggin
    sprouts_honor
    greylady-gardener
    organicpepper_grower

Have I missed anyone? Come join in the fun!

Thanks...Heather

• plantlover007
    15 years ago

I would also love to join in. If you have problems reaching me through this site, since sometimes it can be flaky. (:
    my email address is
    snowbird007@shaw.ca

Diana (plantlover007)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We're up to 35 participants so far. Don't be shy, come join us for fun!

• May To
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

I haven't receive your contact yet. I think the garden web mail is not working properly. Can you send your contact info to me again?

Thanks,
    Mayeeta

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Mayeeta,

I have sent you another message through the gardenweb messaging system with my mailing address. If it doesn't come through this time, can you please change your profile settings on gardenweb so that members can see your email address? You have it blocked.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We're up to 43 participants. I have the following gardenweb members registered for the swap.

cziga
    mayeeta
    ladyk2008
    Niagra_Jim
    Jenf
    growjo
    animoosh
    austinnhanasmom
    safado
    luv-daises
    janusdevil
    vlkno
    dirtdiggin
    sprouts_honor
    greylady-gardener
    organicpepper_grower
    plantlover007
    tantaw0

Everyone has been contacted with my mailing address. If you have not received my email or gardenweb message, please change your gardenweb profile so members can see your email. For some strange reason, if you have not activated that setting on gardenweb you will often experience difficulty in getting your messages.

Please post here if you have not yet received my message and I'll send you another note.

Thanks...Heather

• May To
    15 years ago

Thanks Heather. I just received your e-mail. Sorry for the troubles.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you got the email ok Mayeeta. This gardenweb can be a bit finiky at times :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today I received seeds from:

organicpepper_grower

We're up to 52 paricipants and still growing :)

• jenf
    15 years ago

I sent my seeds off to you today, thanks for all your work.
    :)

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today I received seed packages from:

Animoosh
    Jenf

Will continue to post updates as seeds arrive. Thanks

• beetlejuicevoyager
    15 years ago

I would like to join in if it is still OK?

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

beetlejuicevoyager - Welcome!

I just sent you an email.

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We're now up to 60 people participating in this swap. I have the following gardenweb members signed up (Have I missed anyone?)

amandasocal_22
    animoosh
    austinnhanasmom
    beetlejuicevoyager
    bonechickchris
    coolbythecoast
    cziga
    danincv
    dirtdiggin
    greylady-gardener
    growjo
    janusdevil
    Jenf
    ladyk2008
    luv-daises
    mayeeta
    Niagra_Jim
    organicpepper_grower
    phantom_white
    plantlover007
    purpleacres
    safado
    spacetomato
    sprouts_honor
    tantaw0
    vikingkirken
    vlkno

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

* tantaw0

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We're up to 65 participants and the envelopes are just starting to arrive. There's still time to join in. If you haven't already done so, you should be planning to get your envelope in the mail within the next week or so.

I've received 5 envelopes so far and we have 47 different types of tomatoes and 46 different types of peppers. I can't wait to see what else starts rolling in!

Also, I will be waiting on envelopes from everyone that has previously indicated they want to participate. If something has come up and you've changed your mind, please contact me asap so I can update my records and know not to wait for your seeds.

Thanks.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ladyk2008

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Beetlejuicevoyager

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Austinnhanasmom
    Sprouts_honor

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi folks,

As a gentle reminder, please do not send unnamed seeds in this swap. I have received a couple of seeds packs of mixed/unknown varieties and in fairness to the other participants, I cannot send these to people that followed the guidelines and sent in "named varieties" of tomato or pepper seed.

It's fine to send them in if your sending them as extras for me to distribute as bonuses, but please do not make them part of your "swap" submission.

Thanks for your understanding.

...Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bonechickchris
    coolbythecoast
    vlkno

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

tomatobob_va7

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today Ireceived seeds from:

dirtdiggin

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This swap is now closed to new participants. If you previously registered, and haven't already mailed your seeds, you should be doing so right away. I need to receive your seeds by the end of November.

A quick update....we are waiting for seed packages from the following gardenweb members:

amandasocal_22
    cziga
    danincv
    greylady-gardener
    growjo
    janusdevil
    luv-daises
    mayeeta
    Niagra_Jim
    phantom_white
    plantlover007
    purpleacres
    safado
    spacetomato
    vikingkirken
    plsell

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This afternoon, I received seeds from:

phantom_white
    cziga

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

greylady_gardener
    mayeeta

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi folks,

As we near the deadline, I need to know who's seeds we're still waiting on. Could the following members please take a moment to advise if you've mailed your seeds and are still participating in this swap:

amandasocal_22
    growjo
    janusdevil
    Niagra_Jim
    plantlover007
    purpleacres
    safado
    spacetomato
    plsell

If you've changed your mind, that's ok too, but please send a quick note so I know, and so we don't hold up the swap needlessly waiting for seeds that are not coming.

Thanks for your help with this everyone. We have 70 people registered for this swap, so keeping track is a bit of a task.

.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

plantlover007
    growjo
    spacetomato
    vkingkirken
    purpleacres

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today I mailed seed packages back to the following members:

austinnhanasmom
    beetlejuicevoyager
    dirtdiggin
    greylady_gardener
    tantaw0
    tomatobob_va7

I'm still waiting for several seed packages to arrive, and will be periodially mailing packages back as I'm able to fill "wish lists". Thanks....Heather

• beetlejuicevoyager
    15 years ago

Thanks a lot, Heather! Just can't wait to see what nice surprises are on their way here!! I will let you know when they arrive!

Again, thank you so much for this fun swap and trade!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A quick update for everyone. We're waiting on 11 more packages to arrive (all have been confirmed that they're on their way). I don't think it will be much longer. I will mail out the rest of the packages once all the outstanding ones have been received.

We started with 70 registered participants and after several follow up attempts with people who I haven't heard from since, we're down to 60. There's still a few people that haven't responded to any of my follow up attempts, and I obviously will not be waiting for packages to arrive from them.

Will continue to post here as parcels arrive.

Thanks....Heather

• jenf
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the hard work Heather. It's much appreciated

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

* Danincv

• beetlejuicevoyager
    15 years ago

Today, I received seeds from Heather!!! WOW!! How can I thank you, I am amazed at all the beautiful varieties enclosed in the envelope! Everything I wished for is there plus more to enjoy...

Thanks to all the participants, this swap is a real happy event for me. I never thought that so many of you were growing OP, traditional and heirloom varieties. Fantastic!!!

It was the first swap ever that I have made so far in this forum and I was quite unsure of what to expect. I have to admit: I will participate again and again, that is one sure thing!

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yesterday, seed packages were mailed back to:

* Jenf
    * Ladyk2008
    * Organicpepper_grower
    * Phantom_white
    * Spacetomato
    * Vikingkirken

I'm still waiting on a couple of envelopes, so I am holding a few back hoping to add more to your wish lists when those envelopes arrive.

Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This weekend, I mailed seed packages to:

* animoosh
    * bonechickchris
    * coolbythecoast
    * cziga
    * mayeeta
    * vlkno

I have a few more packages to mail out but am holding them back hoping to fullfill more of their specific wishes. I am awaiting 3 more envelopes to arrive from the US and will complete the swap as soon as they arrive.

Stay tuned. Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Today I am mailing seed packs back to:

* danincv
    * growjo
    * plantlover007
    * sprouts_honor

Thanks....Heather

• jenf
    15 years ago

Hi Heather
    Got my seeds today !!!! Thanks so much for doing this, it's like an early Christmas present. Thanks also to everyone else who participated, very cool :)
    Jen

• hmacdona1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tomorrow I will be mailing seeds back to:

* Amanda_socal22

That's the last of the seed envelopes for participants from this forum. All have been mailed back. Hopefully you get them soon. Please post here when you receive them, so I know they arrived safe and sound.

Thank you everyone for participating in this swap. May those chili peppers warm your hearts over the holiday season. Have a Wonderful Christmas everybody!

• May To
    15 years ago

Thanks Heather and everyone who participated. I just received the seeds. Absolutely love the varieties and the alien zip block bag.

• ladyk2008
    15 years ago

Yeah Yeah Yeah, baby!!! I got my seeds yesterday... Man oh man, was it ever like Christmas! It was awesome. I laid them all out on the kitchen table and went and got my family to come and check it out. We were ooohing and aaahing for a good bit o' time. Loved it! Thank you Heather for doing such a great job, gathering everyone, keeping track, swapping it all out and sending it back. This swap was awesome ::-)

• cziga
    15 years ago

I got my seeds in the mail today and was very impressed. Heather, you did a great job keeping track of such a large number of participants and getting the swap in order. I got several seeds that were on my "desperate to have" list, and quite a few others that I'm very interested in and looking forward to trying. Thanks so much! And thank you to everyone who participated and sent in such great seeds . . . hopefully we'll do this again next year!

• animoosh
    15 years ago

Hi Heather,

Picked up the seeds today and they all look great! Thanks again for all the work involved and to everyone who participated! Now if only it wasn't so far 'till spring....its minus 26 degrees here this morning........Howard (animoosh)

• plantlover007
    15 years ago

I just received my package of seeds and absolutely delighted with all I see!!! Thank You So Much for this Much Appreciated Opportunity, Heather. (:

• growjo
    15 years ago

I received my tomato and pepper package-and WOW-Santa came early to my house. Thanks to all who participated and to Heather for all the time and effort you spent on this exchange! I can't wait until spring!

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions
More Discussions