Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Official Tomato and Pepper Seed Swap - It's a go

Posted by hmacdona Zone 3a Calgary (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 21, 08 at 9:18

It's official! We have enough participants from gardenweb and davesgarden to proceed with the tomato and pepper swap. Here are the guidelines we will follow for this swap.

1) Seeds must be received by me no later than November 28th, so I recommend you mail your envelope no later than November 20th .

2) You can send named varieties of tomatoes or peppers (or both). A minimum of 10 seeds per packet. A maximum of 5 packets of the same seed. An overall maximum of 25 packets per person.

Please ensure seed packets are clearly marked with the name, and whether they are heirloom, OP, or hybrids. If you are sending a non-commercial hybrid, please note the parent plant if known. If seeds are from a commercial source, please note that as well.

3) If you send tomato seeds, you will receive tomato seeds in return. The same idea for peppers, unless you include a note indicating you are open to receiving either in
return.

4) Please include a list of what you are sending, your wish list and if there are any seeds you do not want to receive. If you are only interested in heirloom or OP, please tell me that as well. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees of course. The variety will be completely dependent on what is sent in.

5) You will need to mail your seeds along with $1.15 in return postage. If you are sending 10 or less seed packets, you should be fine just mailing in a regular envelope with seeds wrapped in tissue (I am happy to provide the return envelope in this case). If you are sending more than 10 seed packets, I would recommend you send a bubble envelope and I will reuse the same bubble envelope to return your surprise seeds to you.

6) I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to express your interest in participating. If you have already responded to my previous posting, no need to repost, I will contact you within the next couple of days.

Any questions. Please let me know. Let's have fun trading!!!!

ThanksHeather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Official Tomato and Pepper Seed Swap - It's a go

So far, we have the following gardenweb members participating:

Cziga
Mayeeta
Ladyk2008
Niagra_jim
Jenf
growjo

Thanks....Heather

o

Count me in Heather.....I'm in Winnipeg and am an avid gardener of hot peppers.......HB

o

This is great. Our numbers are really picking up and I'm hopeful we'll have a good variety for swapping. So far, we have the following Canada and US gardenweb members participating.

cziga
mayeeta
ladyk2008
Niagra_Jim
Jenf
growjo
animoosh
austinnhanasmom
safado
luv-daises
janusdevil
vlkno

We also have a few from Dave's garden, making a total of 21 participants so far. We even have a couple of people from the US sending seeds in for the swap, without wanting any back in return.

Even if you only have a few to share, I would encourage you to join in the fun.

Thanks....Heather

o

A quick update. We have 30 so far participating in this swap. Here's the list of gardenweb members (canadian and us). The rest of the participants are from Dave's garden.

cziga
mayeeta
ladyk2008
Niagra_Jim
Jenf
growjo
animoosh
austinnhanasmom
safado
luv-daises
janusdevil
vlkno
dirtdiggin
sprouts_honor
greylady-gardener
organicpepper_grower

Have I missed anyone? Come join in the fun!

Thanks...Heather

o

I would also love to join in. If you have problems reaching me through this site, since sometimes it can be flaky. (:
my email address is
snowbird007@shaw.ca

Diana (plantlover007)

o

We're up to 35 participants so far. Don't be shy, come join us for fun!

o

Hi Heather,

I haven't receive your contact yet. I think the garden web mail is not working properly. Can you send your contact info to me again?

Thanks,
Mayeeta

o

Hi Mayeeta,

I have sent you another message through the gardenweb messaging system with my mailing address. If it doesn't come through this time, can you please change your profile settings on gardenweb so that members can see your email address? You have it blocked.

Thanks....Heather

o
Update

We're up to 43 participants. I have the following gardenweb members registered for the swap.

cziga
mayeeta
ladyk2008
Niagra_Jim
Jenf
growjo
animoosh
austinnhanasmom
safado
luv-daises
janusdevil
vlkno
dirtdiggin
sprouts_honor
greylady-gardener
organicpepper_grower
plantlover007
tantaw0

Everyone has been contacted with my mailing address. If you have not received my email or gardenweb message, please change your gardenweb profile so members can see your email. For some strange reason, if you have not activated that setting on gardenweb you will often experience difficulty in getting your messages.

Please post here if you have not yet received my message and I'll send you another note.

Thanks...Heather

o

Thanks Heather. I just received your e-mail. Sorry for the troubles.

o

Glad you got the email ok Mayeeta. This gardenweb can be a bit finiky at times :)

o

Today I received seeds from:

organicpepper_grower

We're up to 52 paricipants and still growing :)

o

• Posted by jenf z7b BC (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 3, 08 at 21:53

I sent my seeds off to you today, thanks for all your work.
:)

o

Today I received seed packages from:

Animoosh
Jenf

Will continue to post updates as seeds arrive. Thanks

o

I would like to join in if it is still OK?

o

beetlejuicevoyager - Welcome!

I just sent you an email.

o
Update

We're now up to 60 people participating in this swap. I have the following gardenweb members signed up (Have I missed anyone?)

amandasocal_22
animoosh
austinnhanasmom
beetlejuicevoyager
bonechickchris
coolbythecoast
cziga
danincv
dirtdiggin
greylady-gardener
growjo
janusdevil
Jenf
ladyk2008
luv-daises
mayeeta
Niagra_Jim
organicpepper_grower
phantom_white
plantlover007
purpleacres
safado
spacetomato
sprouts_honor
tantaw0
vikingkirken
vlkno

o

* tantaw0

o

We're up to 65 participants and the envelopes are just starting to arrive. There's still time to join in. If you haven't already done so, you should be planning to get your envelope in the mail within the next week or so.

I've received 5 envelopes so far and we have 47 different types of tomatoes and 46 different types of peppers. I can't wait to see what else starts rolling in!

Also, I will be waiting on envelopes from everyone that has previously indicated they want to participate. If something has come up and you've changed your mind, please contact me asap so I can update my records and know not to wait for your seeds.

Thanks.....Heather

o

Ladyk2008

o

Beetlejuicevoyager

o

Austinnhanasmom
Sprouts_honor

o

Hi folks,

As a gentle reminder, please do not send unnamed seeds in this swap. I have received a couple of seeds packs of mixed/unknown varieties and in fairness to the other participants, I cannot send these to people that followed the guidelines and sent in "named varieties" of tomato or pepper seed.

It's fine to send them in if your sending them as extras for me to distribute as bonuses, but please do not make them part of your "swap" submission.

Thanks for your understanding.

...Heather

o

bonechickchris
coolbythecoast
vlkno

o

tomatobob_va7

o

Today Ireceived seeds from:

dirtdiggin

o

This swap is now closed to new participants. If you previously registered, and haven't already mailed your seeds, you should be doing so right away. I need to receive your seeds by the end of November.

A quick update....we are waiting for seed packages from the following gardenweb members:

amandasocal_22
cziga
danincv
greylady-gardener
growjo
janusdevil
luv-daises
mayeeta
Niagra_Jim
phantom_white
plantlover007
purpleacres
safado
spacetomato
vikingkirken
plsell

o

This afternoon, I received seeds from:

phantom_white
cziga

o

greylady_gardener
mayeeta

o

Hi folks,

As we near the deadline, I need to know who's seeds we're still waiting on. Could the following members please take a moment to advise if you've mailed your seeds and are still participating in this swap:

amandasocal_22
growjo
janusdevil
Niagra_Jim
plantlover007
purpleacres
safado
spacetomato
plsell

If you've changed your mind, that's ok too, but please send a quick note so I know, and so we don't hold up the swap needlessly waiting for seeds that are not coming.

Thanks for your help with this everyone. We have 70 people registered for this swap, so keeping track is a bit of a task.

.....Heather

o

plantlover007
growjo
spacetomato
vkingkirken
purpleacres

o

Today I mailed seed packages back to the following members:

austinnhanasmom
beetlejuicevoyager
dirtdiggin
greylady_gardener
tantaw0
tomatobob_va7

I'm still waiting for several seed packages to arrive, and will be periodially mailing packages back as I'm able to fill "wish lists". Thanks....Heather

o

Thanks a lot, Heather! Just can't wait to see what nice surprises are on their way here!! I will let you know when they arrive!

Again, thank you so much for this fun swap and trade!

o

A quick update for everyone. We're waiting on 11 more packages to arrive (all have been confirmed that they're on their way). I don't think it will be much longer. I will mail out the rest of the packages once all the outstanding ones have been received.

We started with 70 registered participants and after several follow up attempts with people who I haven't heard from since, we're down to 60. There's still a few people that haven't responded to any of my follow up attempts, and I obviously will not be waiting for packages to arrive from them.

Will continue to post here as parcels arrive.

Thanks....Heather

o

Sat, Nov 29, 08 at 19:14

Thanks for all the hard work Heather. It's much appreciated

o

* Danincv

o

Today, I received seeds from Heather!!! WOW!! How can I thank you, I am amazed at all the beautiful varieties enclosed in the envelope! Everything I wished for is there plus more to enjoy...

Thanks to all the participants, this swap is a real happy event for me. I never thought that so many of you were growing OP, traditional and heirloom varieties. Fantastic!!!

It was the first swap ever that I have made so far in this forum and I was quite unsure of what to expect. I have to admit: I will participate again and again, that is one sure thing!

o

Yesterday, seed packages were mailed back to:

* Jenf
* Ladyk2008
* Organicpepper_grower
* Phantom_white
* Spacetomato
* Vikingkirken

I'm still waiting on a couple of envelopes, so I am holding a few back hoping to add more to your wish lists when those envelopes arrive.

Thanks....Heather

o

This weekend, I mailed seed packages to:

* animoosh
* bonechickchris
* coolbythecoast
* cziga
* mayeeta
* vlkno

I have a few more packages to mail out but am holding them back hoping to fullfill more of their specific wishes. I am awaiting 3 more envelopes to arrive from the US and will complete the swap as soon as they arrive.

Stay tuned. Thanks....Heather

o

Today I am mailing seed packs back to:

* danincv
* growjo
* plantlover007
* sprouts_honor

Thanks....Heather

o

Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 18:54

Hi Heather
Got my seeds today !!!! Thanks so much for doing this, it's like an early Christmas present. Thanks also to everyone else who participated, very cool :)
Jen

o

Tomorrow I will be mailing seeds back to:

* Amanda_socal22

That's the last of the seed envelopes for participants from this forum. All have been mailed back. Hopefully you get them soon. Please post here when you receive them, so I know they arrived safe and sound.

Thank you everyone for participating in this swap. May those chili peppers warm your hearts over the holiday season. Have a Wonderful Christmas everybody!

o

Thanks Heather and everyone who participated. I just received the seeds. Absolutely love the varieties and the alien zip block bag.

o

Yeah Yeah Yeah, baby!!! I got my seeds yesterday... Man oh man, was it ever like Christmas! It was awesome. I laid them all out on the kitchen table and went and got my family to come and check it out. We were ooohing and aaahing for a good bit o' time. Loved it! Thank you Heather for doing such a great job, gathering everyone, keeping track, swapping it all out and sending it back. This swap was awesome ::-)

o

• Posted by cziga Zone 5: (Toronto) (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 11:21

I got my seeds in the mail today and was very impressed. Heather, you did a great job keeping track of such a large number of participants and getting the swap in order. I got several seeds that were on my "desperate to have" list, and quite a few others that I'm very interested in and looking forward to trying. Thanks so much! And thank you to everyone who participated and sent in such great seeds . . . hopefully we'll do this again next year!

o

Hi Heather,

Picked up the seeds today and they all look great! Thanks again for all the work involved and to everyone who participated! Now if only it wasn't so far 'till spring....its minus 26 degrees here this morning........Howard (animoosh)

o

I just received my package of seeds and absolutely delighted with all I see!!! Thank You So Much for this Much Appreciated Opportunity, Heather. (:

o

I received my tomato and pepper package-and WOW-Santa came early to my house. Thanks to all who participated and to Heather for all the time and effort you spent on this exchange! I can't wait until spring!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here