Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
1822betty

HAVE: Brugmansia

Betty Levar
14 years ago

I just took in my brugs and took a few clippings and would like to trade for a double flowered brug. I have Kongmansia, Superspot and Maya (varigated).

Comments (11)

• rose_tbay
    14 years ago

Hi Betty... I was just wondering how you look after your brugs after you bring them inside? I have several, don't know if I should keep watering them all winter or put them in a cold room & let them go dormant.
    Rose

• samfawzy10
    14 years ago

Hi Rose, as you said put your brug in the cold room and let them go dormant. Just make sure you give them drink of water once a month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bringing in a Brug for dormancy

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    14 years ago

Hi Betty!
    I donÂt know if you remember me, but last fall you sent me a cutting of your Versicolor Orange. Wow, what a brug it turned to be! It was blooming almost non-stop from May to October (just recently I had to chop of all the buds & leaves and store it for winter).
    It started blooming in May and the flowers were longer than a mother plant:
    {{gwi:700065}}

And it continued blooming like crazy till frost. These are pictures from mid-summer:
    {{gwi:700066}}
    {{gwi:700079}}

{{gwi:700096}}
    Thanks a lot! Just loved this brug.

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

wow!!!! green go! please let us all know, in minute detail :), everything that you did to this cutting from the minute you got it in the mail. I too was fortunate enough to receive a cutting of the same brug, but although it grew, it didn't flower or thrive like that. I need your tips.........Please!! :) and thank you.

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    14 years ago

Hi, greylady-gardener,
    I did not do anything special... a couple of weeks in water, then grown in a pot all winter on the window with southern exposure... This was the only brug which was not bothered with spidermites in winter time.
    Then in May, it decided to bloom... and starting from this point, it was almost always covered in buds and blooms. I fertilize it once a week in summer time. This brug probably uses all its energy on blooms, because it did not grow tall like my other brugmansias, but stayed somewhat short and compact.
    Good luck with your Versi Orange!

• poiuy704
    14 years ago

Hi Betty1822
    I'd be interested in a cutting of your Kongmansia and Superspot. is there any particular doubles you are looking for in exchange?
    Jim

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

Thanks for letting me know green go. I have one brug that didn't drop its' bud when I brought them in a week or so ago. it is probably going to open tomorrow or the next day. The other one that I brought in had two nice buds that dropped within a couple of days. Oh well there is always next year! :)
    Maybe I will try to keep the v orange in my sunroom for the winter.
    thanks again

• flowerlady70
    14 years ago

I have one each of pink, orange and white. Pink bloomed sparsley in Ontario, orange in house now and decided to bloom as it did last winter about Christmas time. No bloom on the white, but it was last years cutting. Just recd 4 new cuttings from Louisiana. Awaiting a surprise in the spring.

• aldama24
    14 years ago

Betty,,I'd be interested in your Kongmansia and Maya, and can trade Pink Perfektion and Full rosea, both double pinks; let me know via pm if we can arrange the swap, thanks

• Cristina
    10 years ago

This is an older post but wondering if you still have these for trade? I have a lot of great tropicals, etc. If you want to send me your wish list

• Betty Levar
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry Cristina, I don't have brugs anymore.