Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Brugmansia

Posted by betty1822 z6Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 13, 09 at 10:24

I just took in my brugs and took a few clippings and would like to trade for a double flowered brug. I have Kongmansia, Superspot and Maya (varigated).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Brugmansia

Hi Betty... I was just wondering how you look after your brugs after you bring them inside? I have several, don't know if I should keep watering them all winter or put them in a cold room & let them go dormant.
Rose

o

Hi Rose, as you said put your brug in the cold room and let them go dormant. Just make sure you give them drink of water once a month.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bringing in a Brug for dormancy

o

Hi Betty!
I dont know if you remember me, but last fall you sent me a cutting of your Versicolor Orange. Wow, what a brug it turned to be! It was blooming almost non-stop from May to October (just recently I had to chop of all the buds & leaves and store it for winter).
It started blooming in May and the flowers were longer than a mother plant:

And it continued blooming like crazy till frost. These are pictures from mid-summer:

Thanks a lot! Just loved this brug.

o

wow!!!! green go! please let us all know, in minute detail :), everything that you did to this cutting from the minute you got it in the mail. I too was fortunate enough to receive a cutting of the same brug, but although it grew, it didn't flower or thrive like that. I need your tips.........Please!! :) and thank you.

o

Hi, greylady-gardener,
I did not do anything special... a couple of weeks in water, then grown in a pot all winter on the window with southern exposure... This was the only brug which was not bothered with spidermites in winter time.
Then in May, it decided to bloom... and starting from this point, it was almost always covered in buds and blooms. I fertilize it once a week in summer time. This brug probably uses all its energy on blooms, because it did not grow tall like my other brugmansias, but stayed somewhat short and compact.
Good luck with your Versi Orange!

o

Hi Betty1822
I'd be interested in a cutting of your Kongmansia and Superspot. is there any particular doubles you are looking for in exchange?
Jim

o

Thanks for letting me know green go. I have one brug that didn't drop its' bud when I brought them in a week or so ago. it is probably going to open tomorrow or the next day. The other one that I brought in had two nice buds that dropped within a couple of days. Oh well there is always next year! :)
Maybe I will try to keep the v orange in my sunroom for the winter.
thanks again

o

I have one each of pink, orange and white. Pink bloomed sparsley in Ontario, orange in house now and decided to bloom as it did last winter about Christmas time. No bloom on the white, but it was last years cutting. Just recd 4 new cuttings from Louisiana. Awaiting a surprise in the spring.

o

Betty,,I'd be interested in your Kongmansia and Maya, and can trade Pink Perfektion and Full rosea, both double pinks; let me know via pm if we can arrange the swap, thanks

o

This is an older post but wondering if you still have these for trade? I have a lot of great tropicals, etc. If you want to send me your wish list

o

Sorry Cristina, I don't have brugs anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here