Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylli620

WANTED: Looking For:

phylli620
15 years ago

I'm looking for Cleome, Godetia, yellow Lupine, Himalayan Blue Poppy; Callistephus Blue Ribbon; burgandy Gaillardia; Molucella laevis("Bellos of Ireland"); Gaillardia pulchella("Razzle Dazzle"); Ligularia dentata "Othello"(Leopard plant); Magic Fountain Delphinium-Dark Blue; E. purpurea Dopppleganger. Please check my 2008 exchange list.

Comments (3)

• origami_master
    15 years ago

just wanted to let you know (in case you didn't) the blue poppy (meconopsis sp.) is one of those plants that set seed and die. Most people that I know who have it in their garden will let it flower, but cut off the seed pod before it matures so the plant doesn't die. I'm not sure if every meconopsis species is like that, but the ones that I know of are.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Kenny is right, although sometimes the plant will continue to live on.

I have been growing the 'Blues' as I call them for the last five years. The first year they bloomed, I did not let them go to seed and all returned. Last year I let one go to seed. I lost two out of five plants. The plant which I let seed was not one of the ones which did not return.

One thing which another GWer advised me to do was remove the plants and divide them. As they mature, the base gets bigger and separating it is quite easy. I did this and out of 3 plants now have 10. I do not expect them to bloom next year, but they are very healthy and may surprise me. :O)

From the seeds I gathered last year I have a few more plants. I gathered two pods this year and might have seeds for you. You can e-mail me and I'll look at them this weekend. I also have other commitments on these seeds so will have to check my records to see if there's enough to go around.

Nicole.

• marricgardens
    15 years ago

You have mail. Marg

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions