Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: wanted:free seeds

Posted by tweetybird_gardener (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 15, 08 at 20:14

l'm looking for some free seeds.anybody have any for me..ones that come up yearly...could email me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: wanted:free seeds

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 15, 08 at 21:29

Tweetybird, for someone who just joined GW yesterday, you've not chosen a good way to introduce yourself to this forum. This is an exchange, which means you are expected to offer something in return for seeds you ask for. I notice that your trade list is empty. You don't indicate what zone you're in, and you give a trash hotmail account as a contact. You almost sound like a scammer. But maybe I'm over-reacting.

Despite your lack of etiquette and "gimme gimme" attitude, you may still find someone willing to give you seeds on a SASBE basis-- you should read the FAQs on this forum if you don't know what that is.

- Bev

o

Nicely said, Bev.
Newcomer is just a silly tweetybird.

o

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 16, 08 at 12:22

But remember that Tweety kept outsmarting Sylvester the cat! Not around this forum, I think. ;-)

o

hi folks this newwilly46--she new garden friend,asked her to join up.have not had a chance to explain all the information how to trade.she does not have seeds this year.what she would like is sase seeds if any one has extra.going to give her seeds help her.as new member starting out.she new to this ,under stand many of us,have been burned in past so have I.wanted you to know asked her to join up.told her about seed trading.was a cheeper way to .than buying them in a seed company.showing her today where to find seeds .new to her.traded many people in Canada and US.thanks
your truly
willy46
newwilly46

o

ps I traded with many people in Canada and USE,SORRY MISTAKEin my typing
willy46

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here