Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: wanted: Apple scion wood

Posted by frederic_p Qu�bec (Montr�al) (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 23:06

I am looking for some apple scion wood of low maintenance / high disease resistant varieties. I would like to start top working my stupid landscaping mini apple trees that are thriving in front of my place. All of what they produce seems to end up under my shoes and on my floors...

So, any nice person to share scion wood this winter / spring?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: wanted: Apple scion wood

Nobody willing to sell me some scion wood?
Well, can at least someone point me to a commercial operation where I could buy some?

o

I will have a few "Gala" apple scions that I can trade you in the spring. You can see what I am looking for on my trade list. I'll take anything bulb/perennial that you might have to trade, if you want "Gala" variety. It's all that I have now. We did a major prune of the Macs and Delicious orchards in the fall. There's nothing left on those trees now.

lmk if you are interested in a trade.
Sheryl

o

for cuttings trades, I recommend fruitiers.net (my user name is episag)
Not too many of us in Canada, but you might be able to find some cuttings for free.
I, myself, have a few cuttings of some disease resistant varieties I could provide (but not much, my trees are still small). My dad has a big Norland, so that one I could provide in bigger amount, except it is an early august apple that only last a month when you pick it up early and keep it in the fridge.

Else, you can try that farm in BC, under Scionwood:
http://www.appleluscious.com/orchard/ordering.html
Orders until the end of March, so hurry, not much time left! :)

Good luck! :)

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 20:37

Not sure exactly how to do this but willimg to send you some small cittings that you could take scions from. I have a modern dwarf apple that has really lovely tasting apple
Also modern yellow harvest apples
I have an out of this world old variety that has white flesh
With pink veins running throughout. Just pruned a bunch
Of trees so let me know soon if you are interested please otherwise all willbe burned
Signet

o

Thanks signet!
Please just wrap the cuttings in cling wrap and stick them in a regular envelope! Postage should be 2 regular stamps.

I'll email you my postal address.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here