Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Primulas and Streptocarpus; want alpines

Posted by kvbk 3 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 28, 13 at 10:06

I have seeds for hybrid Streptocarpus (houseplant, pictured) and several species of Primula and Dodecatheon (small hardy perennials). Take a look at my trade list. Always looking for interesting alpines and other small perennials: gentiana, saxifraga, androsace, soldanella, ramonda, haberlea, pulsatilla, hepatica, parnassia, meconopsis, cyclamen. Inquiries welcome by email or through my gardening blog (link is below picture).

Here is a link that might be useful: my gardening blog

This post was edited by kvbk on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 0:39

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Primulas and Streptocarpus; want alpines

I have many alpine seeds, some you listed above, and would like to trade for your Primula and Dodecatheon seeds, but not the streptocarpus, only outdoor please.

o

• Posted by kvbk none (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 1:18

Along with Streps and Primulas and poppies, have added some tomatoes, herbs, and perennials/biennials to my trade list.

Looking for other tomatoes, as well as cucumbers, onions, basil, and other things I may not have thought of....

Here is a link that might be useful: more streps on my gardening blog

o

Good time of day kvbk! From my understanding Hybrids will never be true to name, when grow from seeds. Otherwise nice plants you have. Be well fellow Gardener!

o

Hi nadezhda. My Streptocarpus are not named hybrids. But your understanding is correct. Named or not, their seeds will not produce plants identical to the parents.

This post was edited by kvbk on Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 10:25

o

• Posted by kvbk none (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 14:58

Also have tomatoes (see trade list), and looking for tomatoes not on my list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here