Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greylady_gardener

WANTED: 'Christmas Wishes' seed lists

greylady_gardener
15 years ago

Hi All! I hope not to be stepping on anyone's toes with this post, but would like to start a 'Christmas Wish' list so that we can maybe get some of our seed wishes granted. I know it is early to be starting but the stores are decorating for Christmas and setting up their merchandise already so why not?! :)

Starting this early will give us time to go through our seeds and decide what our wishes are and to go through our seeds and decide what we have that we can gift to others from their lists.

For anyone not familiar with the concept....

1. think about what you would like to grow next season

2. post your list here so that others can see what you are wishing for.

3. Wait for someone to contact you for your address.(have your e-mail enabled on you member page)

4. Check out the other lists posted here and see if you can grant any of their wishes--(totally voluntary--not mandatory but nice if you can--:)

****You do not have to trade seeds with anyone, or be able to grant anyone elses wishes. It is totally voluntary as to whether you grant a wish.****

This is always fun so join in and let's see those lists!!

If you have any questions, please ask

gg

Comments (115)

• signet_gw(6b)
    15 years ago

Many thanks to my 2 christmas elves who sent the seeds to me . I hope you all have a very merry Christmas !

Signet

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

well here I (finally) am again! I lost my computer and all addresses, info, e-mails etc.again!! I can't believe it. I "think" that I have everyone taken care of except Mary...holidays99....please send me your address again as like I said...I lost everything.
    thanks!
    gg

• bev_w
    15 years ago

Lois,

LINUX is the answer. Unload that Micro$oft and get a free, open source operating system that won't wreck your computer.

- Bev

• sprayman
    15 years ago

Nicole/Tiffy I have Dill and a special Oriental perennial poppy and it is a beautiful salmon colour.

growjo I have coleus-wizard coral sunrise, blue and white bacopa.

The jolly fat guy says he needs some address's

• claubill
    15 years ago

If Santa is listening, he knows I'm kind of hooked on cosmos this year. Santa knows that I'm wishing for the following:
    Cosmos Brown Flower, Tetra Versailles Red, Bipinnatus Double Click, Gazebo Dwarf Red, Day Dream, Chocolate cosmos, Phillipine, and Happy Ring.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Claubill,

Santa just told me he had some Cosmos for you. They are seeds from Daydream grown in one of the elve's gardens and there may be variations since there's a lot of cross pollination going on. If you want some from this elve's private stash, just send me your e-mail and Santa will have a little chat with the elf about being good and sharing. :O)

Nicole/Tiffy.

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HI Bev, I am going to have to find out what that is exactly. I will e-mail you.
    gg

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Am I allowed to ask Santa for one more thing?? I know, my Mum warned me about that!! lol! I was wondering if anyone had seeds for Montreal melons??

Thanks, Nancy - who is waiting for the mailman!!

• bev_w
    15 years ago

Hey Claudette in Sudbury,

I googled Cosmos "Phillipine" and the only hits were from photos on DG and they sure don't look like Cosmos. They look exactly like a Cosmidium "Philippine", which is a California native wildflower.

Santa will send you some seeds-- he still has your address from a trade last year.

Bev

• claubill
    15 years ago

Hi Bev (bev_w): I already have some cosmidium which someone had sent me last year. They are very pretty and I've saved the seeds. Maybe you were the one that sent them to me. If you did, thank you very much. I really should make a list of what seeds I received from whom.

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

Thank you Lois for my lovely surprise. I will think of you when I plant your seeds. Thanks so much santa.
    Also Shanti my many thanks for my surprise package. What a wonderful idea.

Kenny So, I send you seeds. Have you received them???
    Have not heard anything from you......

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Nicole, thank you very much for asking Santa to send me the zinnia seeds. They arrived today and I have visions of spring planting (it's snowing now :)

Thanks again.....Heather

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Santa's sled stopped today - I am overwhelmed. Thank you so much!!

Nancy.

• origami_master
    15 years ago

ladybug, not yet, I haven't had mail in the past few days, but I'll let you know as soon as I do. Thanks :D

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad they arrived safely, Ladybug! :)
    Happy growing
    gg

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Elf Mariana your seeds from Santa arrived in the mail on Friday just as a snowstorm started. We got two feet of snow and it sure looks like Christmas!! Thank-You :O)

Nicole/Tiffy.

• Justine_London
    15 years ago

G'day all

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!! It feels like I am starting a new life. I am in a fantastic rental in the "old south" area of London and I have the go-ahead from the landlord to garden..."Little does he know what that means MUAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAA", says Justine in maniacal form.

It has taken me a couple of moves, and a couple of years to be ready to "dig-in-da-dirt" again, and here I go again.

All I want for Christmas are any seeds to make my special garden lush and abundant with beautiful plants and lovely herbs, so whatever Santa has to give this very excited gardener, I will accept with much gratitude! I am planning to do "Winter-sowing" BIG TIME!

Love to garden, and love to be back on gardenweb!!!!!!!!

Thanks a bunch,(a bunch of flowers that is),
    and
    of
    course..

g.g.t.a. that's great gardening to all!

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Hi Justine,

Santa says he'll put together a surprise pack of seeds for you. Email me your addess and I'll make sure the jolly fella gets it. Thanks....Heather

• greylady_gardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will also do the same if you send me your address, Justine. :)
    gg

• gail_ish
    15 years ago

Am I too late to play? My Santa's list has:

Lespedez Thunbergii ÂPink FountainÂ
    Buddleias (IÂd like to start a hedge of them)
    Erigeron
    Fall Clematis
    Lysimachia goose neck loosestrife
    Portulaca

Justine - send me your address: I think Santa has something under the tree here for you :)

All the best,
    Gail

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Justine - if you want some columbine seeds, send me you addy - pics of the plants are above!!

Nancy.

• green_go (Canada, Ontario, z 5a)
    15 years ago

I'd love to get some Golden Chain tree (Laburnum) seeds or Japanese Dogwood (Cornus kousa ) seeds for Christmas.

Have a dozen of momordica seeds, so I will help Santa to deliver them to first two folks who e-mail me (around 6-7 seeds per package)

Gala.

• mariana2007
    15 years ago

Justine, Santa has some goodies here for you. Please send your address.

Mariana

• Justine_London
    15 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I can't wain for my "gardenweb/santa seeds!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks in advance to everyone,
    great
    gardening
    to
    all,
    Justine
    Gardenwebbers are such a lovely bunch :o)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Justine - Santa's sled leaves here tomorrow at noon - he has special goodies for you!!!

Nancy.

• marricgardens
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. Hope it's not to late to join in. I would like to get gazania, gerbera, verbena bonariensis and Marina di Chioggia squash. Marg

• holidays99
    15 years ago

Hi gg

Did you receive my e'mail I send you last month.

I try again, but received error msg,

Mary

• Justine_London
    15 years ago

Thanks to "Santa" Heather MacD,
    My Big fat package arrived from Alberta today. All I can say is
    Happy,
    Ho,
    Ho,
    Ho!
    Great gardening, Justine

• mariana2007
    15 years ago

Thank you Santa Bev! I received the seeds and already started the one that requires warm first. Merry Christmas and happy gardening!

Marg, Santa has gazania mix. Send me your address, so I can pass it to Santa.

Mariana

• Justine_London
    15 years ago

Thanks to the "Queen of the Columbines" for your very generous Santa surprise!!!
    Great gardening to you Nancy,
    from Justine

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Sorry if some of you have not yet received seeds - they will go out tomorrow!!!

Cheers, Nancy.

• pocketsquirrel69
    15 years ago

kenny.....santa has agapanthus.......you have mail.

• pocketsquirrel69
    15 years ago

hi folks,
    i know i'm running late on this.... i just am looking for seeds of a really productive sauce/paste tomato.

thanks,

Matti

• May To
    15 years ago

Dear Santa,

My Christmas wish list:
    Sungold OP
    Strawberry popcorn, any popcorn
    Strawberry
    zucchini- a vining variety
    squash- sweet dumpling and buttercup

I'm also looking to grow some kale, chard, and peas, but I'm not too familiar with their varieties.

Thank you Santa.

• donna_jj
    15 years ago

Mayeeta, you have mail!

• northerner_on
    15 years ago

I don't know if Santa is still accepting wishes, but I have been wanting Campanula 'Blue Clips' and any colour of Pasque Flower (Pulsatilla vulgaris). I have had trades of both and the Blue Clips turned out to be tiny poppies, and the Pasque Flowers never showed. I have been a very good girl!!
    Northerner.

• poppy88
    15 years ago

Good morning,

Is it too late for Christmas Wishes ? If it is not too late, I would like to wish for any of the following seeds: Zinnia, Dahlia, tomatoes, peppers.

Thank you Santas

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Northerer_on,
    Send me your address. Santa has some campanula blue clips and purple pasque flower seed for you. Thanks....Heather

• bev_w
    15 years ago

Poppy88, Santa has some peppers, tomatoes and zinnia for you. Do send me, er, HIM your address...

• wendy2shoes
    15 years ago

Wish I could play the music..o.k girls..dah do, dah do , dah do dah do dah do..

Santa Baby, slip a sable under the tree, For me.
    been an awful good girl, Santa baby,
    so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a 54 convertible too,
    Light blue.
    I'll wait up for you dear,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Think of all the fun I've missed,
    Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed,
    Next year I could be just as good,
    If you'll check off my Christmas list,

Santa baby, I wanna yacht,
    And really that's not a lot,
    Been an angel all year,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa honey, there's one thing I really do need,
    The deed
    To a platinum mine,
    Santa honey, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with a duplex,
    And checks.
    Sign your 'X' on the line,
    Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

Come and trim my Christmas tree,
    With some decorations bought at Tiffany's,
    I really do believe in you,
    Let's see if you believe in me,

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing,
    A ring.
    I don't mean on the phone,
    Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight,
    Hurry down the chimney tonight,
    Hurry, tonight.

My fave Christmas song!

• sharont
    15 years ago

Pocketsquirrel69, Santa has Amish Paste.....
    You have mail.

This Santa is wishing for orange Dorotheanthus bellidiformus (Livingstone Daisy) or Delphinium grandiflorum!

• signet_gw(6b)
    15 years ago

Just wondering if Runningtrails got the seeds Santa's helper sent out . I have been talking to that elf and said I would write to ask.

So .......did you get them ? Let me know please

Signet

• poppy88
    15 years ago

to Holiday99

your poppyseeds are on their way. Happy gardening

• Justine_London
    15 years ago

The package has landed!
    Thanks to Santa Mariana for all of them seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mariana, you've got mail.

• holidays99
    15 years ago

Dear Santa's Helpers,
    I would like to Thank-you you all,
    for poppies & vegetable seeds.
    Wish you all very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Mary (Holidays99)

• midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
    15 years ago

Merry Christmas to All - I will have many more things to exchange next year!! Ohh Gardeners, we are such optimists. A Special Thanks to all who exchanged with me... and lots of Christmas Wishes for all on the Forum!!

Nancy.

• growjo
    15 years ago

Thanks to the Santa's helper in Port Burwell, ON for the lovely surpise package I received. I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas!

• runningtrails
    15 years ago

I got the seeds Heather! Thak you so much!
    Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you! I thought I had sent you an email when they arrived.

I'm planning the winter sowing and early starts for next year's garden already. Will start winter sowing soon!

• May To
    15 years ago

Thank you so much Santa Donna. I got the Kale seeds today. Awesome varieties!

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Hi Nicole,

The zinnia seeds arrived today. Thanks so much for the bonus seeds as well. This really made my day. ...Heather

Sponsored
More Discussions