Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Tree and Shrub Exchange

Posted by sharont z5 can (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 29, 08 at 10:40

Lets do this!
I'll host meaning please send seeds to me in a padded envelope, along with the appropriate postage (usually$1.92 plus tax) and a return address label.
I will swap your seeds for others that arrive and then I'll send your new seeds back to you using your padded mailer and postage you've sent.
Email me if interested.
Closing date December 20, 2008. This will enable those seeds that require water soaking and several months of cold or outdoor treatment in order to germinate.
Sharon(t)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Tree and Shrub Exchange

Sharon,

You've got mail

Marlene

o

After talking with Marlene, perhaps we can stretch this into the New Year.
Here is more information pertaining to the exchange.
It will include 'climbers' as well as 'trees and shrubs'.
As to packages and varieties it is usually whatever the donor has on hand or collected to send. If scads of seed is sent of a variety in one package I'd repackage to 15 to 20 seeds per package. If only a small number of seeds of a variety it would mean some may receive 3 or 4 seeds or not receive them at all.
It is a swap in that I'll send back to each participant the same number of packets as they sent in.
You can send in this year's seeds, slightly older seeds (but not ancient seeds, please), your own collected seeds, bought seeds or free seeds.
If you have any preference about what you get back, let me know (i.e. just trees or shrubs or climbers). I'll try and include just those in your package.
Otherwise, the seeds sent back to each participant will be selected at random.
Sharon

o

• Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
    Tue, Dec 2, 08 at 16:40

Sharon, count me in. I have your address from an exchange.
- Bev

o

Hi Sharon,

I have a couple different types to send you. You could add them to the kitty to distribute the other participants.

I'm not wanting to participate in the swap, but thought you might be able to make use of the seeds I have.

Can you please send me your address again so I can mail them to you?

Thanks....Heather

o

I would like to join in the exchange. I saved many seeds.
Karin

o

Hi there Sharon. I finally got my envelope out to you yesterday. Thanks very much.

K

o

Bumping this SEED EXCHANGE thread up!
For an idea of some of seeds donated see
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg1013445929071.html?7

o

Hi Sharon,

I mailed the seeds today. Good luck with your swap. thanks.....Heather

o

Update: received seeds from ladyk and hmacdona so far.

The closing date is still undecided and is to be determined in January for those coming to this site in the next while.
Sharon(t)

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sun, Dec 28, 08 at 17:39

I am interested in participating please. How many packets of each kind of seed are necessary? I will also need an address to send the seeds to please.

Hope to hear from someone shortly

Signet

o
RE: WANTED: Tree and Shrub Seed Exchange

Update:
So far there are over 32 varieties of seeds for trees and shrubs in this exchange. This is also a reminder to send your extra seeds in and participate! Email me for my mailing address.
Half of the seed varieties will need a cold period of 6 weeks to 4 months so the new closing date is January 15.
Cheers for the year 2009!
Sharont

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here