Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Lot of different things to trade!

Posted by MrChip72 Toronto (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 16:25

See youtube link to a seed exchange I set up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX1rb4qWsUw&feature=plcp

I'm looking for heirloom strawberries, different tomato and pepper varieties, and a few other things.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Lot of different things to trade!

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 10:17

I looked at your video and there are 2 things I am interested in, the Meyer Lemon seeds and the Hardy Kiwi seeds. I have just posted my trade list so please have a look and see if there is anything you would like. I also have some hot Thai pepper seeds I forgot to put on the list. Question: Can you grow horseradish from seeds? Have you ever tried using stevia instead of sugar? BTW, I buy powdered Stevia at the Bulk Barn, its an extract. It comes from Herbal Select and is in a white box. Marg

o

You can grow horseradish from seeds, but they're very hard to come by since like carrots it takes two years for a horseradish plant to go to seed. Most people just start from roots which is also easier and faster. I should be able to offer horseradish roots for trade in the spring though and you can get a harvest the same year. I've used stevia extract for years instead of sugar. I like the flavour, but it's abit of a pain so use Splenda more often in my coffee.

o

Here is my list:
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/ada_pun?2588
I would like you to recommend some productive and tasty food for me, if it does not take too much of your time.
Does the hardy kiwi need to have male and female plant? I have two Jacob that never bear any fruit.
Do you have a productive tomato for sauce making?
Ada

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here