Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking for something Interesting

Posted by myasoul 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 1, 08 at 19:00

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to Gardenweb! I have spent the last week combing through the forums trying to digest everything. I am looking for outdoor and indoor seeds to expand on what I have (not much). The more I see, the more I want, haha. I am really not sure what I am looking for exactly, but I love unusual plants. If anyone is willing to donate seeds, I will be sure to return the favor. If anyone lives in the Ottawa area, I can prepare some Jade and spider plant cuttings for you. I need to learn about seed gathering, because I have lupins, chives (garlic and regular) that I would love to donate, but I think that will have to wait until next season.

I hope I will get some feedback, and look forward to learning more. I am LOVING this.

Myasoul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for something Interesting

Hi Myasoul,

Can you be more specific about what you are looking for ? Unusual means something different to everyone . I would love to be able to assist a fellow gardener ....so list some seeds you would love to get . You just never know I may have some to share .

Signet

o

Signet,

Thanks for the advice! To be more specific, I guess I can share my wishlist:

1) Tulips, specifically Dark purple tulips (they take my breath away)
2) Any columbine flowers
3) Hosta, any (the magical plant, my mother gave me half of her plant, I split it in three, and they exploded)
4) snapdragon
5) iris (any)

To be more specifc, I live in Ottawa (zone 5) and am looking for flowers. I pictured something with single blooms that would stick out amongst the mass of green I have in the backyard. I will admit that I want something that will have a "wow" factor. My mother has a natural green thumb, and I want her to come by and say "Wow, I never would've thought". An annual or perennial.

Thank you for your reply!

Myasoul

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 18, 08 at 0:34

Hi Again Myasoul , Well, I think I can help you out a bit anyway. If you want to email me then I can send my address and you can send an sasbe and I will put in some seeds that I think might meet your wishes.

Signet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here