Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Have to trade: mixed peony poppies

Posted by runningtrails 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 21:50

I have to trade:
1) Large mixed peony poppy seeds - ruffled, double, single, all colours imaginable - MIXED.
2) cosmos
3) purple candytuft
4) blue flax
5) pink obeduent plant
6) calendula, single orange
7) feverfew

I would like to trade for some of the following seeds, if anyone interested:

tomato seed (heirloom organic regular round red, various sizes),
bell peppers all colours, especially bianca peppers
winter squash (all kinds-not acorn, especially Hopi Pale Gray),
sunflowers, large heads (growing for the seed)
luffah,
stinging nettle,
comfrey
cooking herbs (lemon thyme, cilantro, sage, basil, Greek oregano, etc.)not reg thyme
millet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Have to trade: mixed peony poppies

You've got mail :-)

o

runningtrails, You have mail. Thanks, Carol

o

Interested in the blue flax seeds. I can give you a piece of comfrey in the spring, as well as enough oregano to satisfy all your culinary needs....I very likely have enough for all of south Barrie. I carelessly let it go to seed.....you will recall the box of donkey tail spurge I foisted on you in the summer.The original oregano plant came from somebodies elderly Italian neighbour, so the provenance is good.I will also have burnet seedlings. Audrey

o
Have to trade: mixed peony poppies

Hi Audrey! That sounds good. I'll take all the comfrey I can get. I want to grow a lot of it. It sounds like there are a lot of good uses for it. I don't plan on drinking it as a tea, however. I'm a little leery of doing that with herbs but it makes great healing pig fodder as well as garden fertilizer.

I have really appreciated all that spurge. I have lots of space to fill. I spread it out in tiny pieces as an edging and am looking forward to seeing it filled out.

I know what you mean about the oregano. I had it everywhere at our previous place too. Now I have mint in abundance all over this property! Want some mint?

I'm happy to send you some blue flax seeds or I can save them for an exchange in the spring. Whatever you want to do is fine with me. If you want me to send them to you, you'll have to send me an email with your address.

o

you have mail. :)

o

You have mail Audrey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here