Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

WANTED: Santa's Helper

signet_gw(6b)
16 years ago

Hi All,

Thought I would be the one to throw this out there this year. How about a Santa's Helper Swap ?

Rules are: You can post up to 5 different types of seeds that you wish Santa would bring you . If someone has those seeds, they will contact you for your address ( so you will need to have your email active here ) and send them off to you (a sort of surprise for Christmas )We will have to get this ball rolling fairly quickly in order for the seeds to reach their destinations before Christmas .

I will start with my list:

Dear Santa , I would love to have the following seeds for Xmas

Hemerocallis seeds (daylily)

Cosmos Seashells

Liatris Spicata

Leonotis leonurus

Sweetgum

I have tried hard to be a good girl this year and if you have some in your pack I would love to try them in my gardens this coming year .....Thank you

Signet

Comments (24)

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

well this is a good idea!
    Dear Santa, I would love to have:

hollyhock-creme de cassis
    gailardia-burgundy
    poppy-mother of pearl
    chilean glory vine
    coreopsis-calypso

Lois

• newwilly46
    16 years ago

Dear Santa
    I BEEN a very boy this year.if have any of these seeds in pocket from north pole.would really be very happy
    thanks Santa
    1 nicotiana flowering tabacco called mashmallow
    2 walleriana Impatients short garden types.any colours as much can get lots of shade area.

3 japanese blood root grass--imperata cylindrica rubra
    4 black mondo grass--ophiopegon planiscapus nigrescens
    5 Any type of ornemental showy peppers

Keep hoping Santa-drive safe at christmas too.

• origami_master
    16 years ago

Ive been a good boy this year, tried my best to make everyone around me happy! Santa all I want this year are:
    calla lily seeds
    and some good luck starting my seeds!

• Shanta_5
    16 years ago

Dear Santa,
    HERE IS MY WISH LIST???
    I am a very good girl I wish to have some of this seeds,
    BLOOD GRASS SEEDS PLUS SOME OTHER GRASS SEEDS
    MIX SEASHELL COSMOS SEEDS
    RED/BURGUNDY GRAILARDIE SEEDS
    VINES SEEDS(CROSS VINE)
    AND SOME ORANGE CONE FLOWER.
    ALL THE BEST TO SANTA.

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I forgot to say when I posted my wish list up above, that I won't be able to access my e-mail for about a week, so if you want to contact me, I will get back to you then.

thanks,
    Lois

• willow_2007
    16 years ago

Hi Santa
    I am a newbie gardener and would love any of the seeds mentioned below.
    Always trying my best to do my best.
    Colour and variety of plant seeds is not an issue at this stage in my gardening life.
    Wishing you, Ms Claus and the elves a happy and safe Christmas Season.
    1. Cosmo
    2. Impatients that love the deep shade.
    3. Poppy
    4. Tall and colourful grass
    5. Tomatoes
    Thank-you

• signet_gw(6b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Willow,

You dont have your email available for people to contact you . Santa cant deliver if he cant get in touch with you . Please add your email address to your member info .

Signet

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Hi Signet,
    I have liatris for you. Have sent you a separate email for mailing information. Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Greylady-Gardener,

I have Gallairdia Burgundy to send you. Have sent you a separate email to get your mailing address. Please get in touch with me as soon as you can.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Hi Willow2007,

I have pink peony poppy, homesweet and roma tomatoes I can send you. You will need to contact me with your mailing address if you are interested. I cannot send you an email as you do not have that information linked to your gardenweb profile. Thanks....Heather

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Dear Santa,

Christmas would be very bright if any of these appeared in my stocking this year.

* Lathyrus odoratus "Snoopea"
    * Lathyrus odoratus "Sugar n Spice"
    * Dianthus Barbatus "Heart Attack"
    * Godetia "Orange Glow"
    * Malva "Primley Blue"

Merry Christmas.....Heather

• hmacdona1
    16 years ago

Greylady-gardener,

sorry for the second posting, but I just realized I have a few chilean glory vine seeds to send you as well. Will await your email with mailing address.

Thanks.....Heather

• amyraycraft
    16 years ago

Dear Santa,

This year I am hoping for a few seeds for any flowering bush or vine and hydrangea. Really anything that would brighten up our old farm house.

• konne
    16 years ago

Dear Santa
    I've done my best to be good, hoping you could bring me any of the following seeds this year. Merry Christmas to all!

Asarnia red
    Geranium annual/zonal types
    Euphorbia snow on the mountain
    baby spinich or dark fancy lettuces or cress mixes suitable for growing to make a "container salad"

• claubill
    16 years ago

Dear Santa: I've been dreaming about Echinaccea Razzmatazz and portulacas of all kinds. I've been good all year, or at least I tried. I hope you can hear me Santa.

• gail_ish
    16 years ago

IÂve been as good as I can  you know me well enough not to set the bar too high :)

HereÂs my wish list  itÂs some stuff to start a red bed (IÂm open to anything truly red) & some fillers IÂve been wanting:
    Amaranthus  Velvet Curtains
    Any reddish sunflower (Claret, Velvet Queen, Prado, etc)
    Any tall branching sunflower (ie Soraya) Â birds got to them before I could harvest
    Amaranthus  Hot Biscuits
    Tall fall asters (I only have short ones)

I will leave out cookies & milk for you this year again, but can you please stay out of the liquor cabinet? I know the milk is better with a splash of Kahlua, but when you took off last year, you knocked the satellite dish off the roof.

Hugs,
    Gail

• wildflwer_2
    16 years ago

Dear Santa I have been a good girl, I would like some flowers seeds in my stocking. And Merry Christmas to Mrs Santa.
    This is want I want:
    Platycodom grandeflorus ( Balloom Flowers )
    Bergamot "Gardenview Scarlet" ( Monarda )
    Primrose polyanthus Mix colours ( Primula )

Wildflower_2

• rgvnewf
    16 years ago

Dear Santa,

Here is my Christmas seed wish list for this year:
    1) Moon and Stars Watermelon
    2) Purple Majesty millet
    3) Stevia herb
    4) early season tomatoes
    5) sunflowers

Thanks
    rgvnewf

• greylady_gardener
    16 years ago

rgvnewf-sent you an e-mail---you don't have any e-mail listed other than GW, so thought I had better let you know to look out for it.
    Lois

• cziga
    16 years ago

Dear Santa,
    In addition to having some seeds that match some of the requests above, I have a little wish list of my own :)
    For next summer, mainly I'm looking for some heirloom tomatoes, named sunflowers (especially green or red ones), Salpiglossis, Hollyhock "Creme de Cassis", and almost any (not too invasive) "dark" or "black" flowers for my new dark-coloured bed.
    Thank you Santa!

• eternity2669
    16 years ago

Hi Cziga:

I sent you a message via GW, but you have no posted email to be contacted...hope you receive it. If not, please feel free to email me and send your address so I can get these seeds out to you. Happy Holidays!!

Melanie

• maryjanej
    16 years ago

Santa, I've been good.
    I'm a little late posting my list.
    But if you could still check your bag for these seeds it would be great.

Seeds for White Moonflower Vine (Ipomoea Alba) P.S. Not Datura.

Any perennial fall aster seeds except purple I already have those.

Any perennial fall mum seeds except red and pink I already have those.

Thanks
    Mary-Jane

• maryjanej
    16 years ago

Santa,
    I forgot to add these to my list.
    Lupins Red and Purple
    Sedum Voodoo
    Thanks
    Mary-Jane

• nickie
    16 years ago

Hi newwilly46 and shanta 5

I have goodies for both of you. newwilly I have three small black mondo grass plants and can send you one, and I have 5-7 black mondo grass seeds for you shanta 5. My email address is s.n.axelson@canada.com. PLEASE use black mondo in the subject so I don't accidentally erase it or think it is spam. Man I have be getting some weird spam lately.

Sponsored
More Discussions