Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Santa's Helper

Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 07 at 0:48

Hi All,

Thought I would be the one to throw this out there this year. How about a Santa's Helper Swap ?

Rules are: You can post up to 5 different types of seeds that you wish Santa would bring you . If someone has those seeds, they will contact you for your address ( so you will need to have your email active here ) and send them off to you (a sort of surprise for Christmas )We will have to get this ball rolling fairly quickly in order for the seeds to reach their destinations before Christmas .

I will start with my list:

Dear Santa , I would love to have the following seeds for Xmas

Hemerocallis seeds (daylily)
Cosmos Seashells
Liatris Spicata
Leonotis leonurus
Sweetgum
I have tried hard to be a good girl this year and if you have some in your pack I would love to try them in my gardens this coming year .....Thank you

Signet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Santa's Helper

well this is a good idea!
Dear Santa, I would love to have:

hollyhock-creme de cassis
gailardia-burgundy
poppy-mother of pearl
chilean glory vine
coreopsis-calypso

Lois

o

Dear Santa
I BEEN a very boy this year.if have any of these seeds in pocket from north pole.would really be very happy
thanks Santa
1 nicotiana flowering tabacco called mashmallow
2 walleriana Impatients short garden types.any colours as much can get lots of shade area.

3 japanese blood root grass--imperata cylindrica rubra
4 black mondo grass--ophiopegon planiscapus nigrescens
5 Any type of ornemental showy peppers

Keep hoping Santa-drive safe at christmas too.

o

Ive been a good boy this year, tried my best to make everyone around me happy! Santa all I want this year are:
calla lily seeds
and some good luck starting my seeds!

o

Dear Santa,
HERE IS MY WISH LIST???
I am a very good girl I wish to have some of this seeds,
BLOOD GRASS SEEDS PLUS SOME OTHER GRASS SEEDS
MIX SEASHELL COSMOS SEEDS
RED/BURGUNDY GRAILARDIE SEEDS
VINES SEEDS(CROSS VINE)
AND SOME ORANGE CONE FLOWER.
ALL THE BEST TO SANTA.

o
RE: FORGOT- Santa's Helper

Hi,
I forgot to say when I posted my wish list up above, that I won't be able to access my e-mail for about a week, so if you want to contact me, I will get back to you then.

thanks,
Lois

o

Hi Santa
I am a newbie gardener and would love any of the seeds mentioned below.
Always trying my best to do my best.
Colour and variety of plant seeds is not an issue at this stage in my gardening life.
Wishing you, Ms Claus and the elves a happy and safe Christmas Season.
1. Cosmo
2. Impatients that love the deep shade.
3. Poppy
4. Tall and colourful grass
5. Tomatoes
Thank-you

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 1, 07 at 20:56

Willow,

You dont have your email available for people to contact you . Santa cant deliver if he cant get in touch with you . Please add your email address to your member info .

Signet

o
Signet - Request for Liatris

Hi Signet,
I have liatris for you. Have sent you a separate email for mailing information. Thanks....Heather

o
Greylady-gardener

Greylady-Gardener,

I have Gallairdia Burgundy to send you. Have sent you a separate email to get your mailing address. Please get in touch with me as soon as you can.....Heather

o
Willow2007's Wish List

Hi Willow2007,

I have pink peony poppy, homesweet and roma tomatoes I can send you. You will need to contact me with your mailing address if you are interested. I cannot send you an email as you do not have that information linked to your gardenweb profile. Thanks....Heather

o
WANTED: Santa's Helper

Dear Santa,

Christmas would be very bright if any of these appeared in my stocking this year.

* Lathyrus odoratus "Snoopea"
* Lathyrus odoratus "Sugar n Spice"
* Dianthus Barbatus "Heart Attack"
* Godetia "Orange Glow"
* Malva "Primley Blue"

Merry Christmas.....Heather

o
Greylady-gardener - Chilean Glory vine

Greylady-gardener,

sorry for the second posting, but I just realized I have a few chilean glory vine seeds to send you as well. Will await your email with mailing address.

Thanks.....Heather

o

Dear Santa,

This year I am hoping for a few seeds for any flowering bush or vine and hydrangea. Really anything that would brighten up our old farm house.

o

Dear Santa
I've done my best to be good, hoping you could bring me any of the following seeds this year. Merry Christmas to all!

Asarnia red
Geranium annual/zonal types
Euphorbia snow on the mountain
baby spinich or dark fancy lettuces or cress mixes suitable for growing to make a "container salad"

o

Dear Santa: I've been dreaming about Echinaccea Razzmatazz and portulacas of all kinds. I've been good all year, or at least I tried. I hope you can hear me Santa.

o

Ive been as good as I can you know me well enough not to set the bar too high :)

Heres my wish list its some stuff to start a red bed (Im open to anything truly red) & some fillers Ive been wanting:
Amaranthus Velvet Curtains
Any reddish sunflower (Claret, Velvet Queen, Prado, etc)
Any tall branching sunflower (ie Soraya) birds got to them before I could harvest
Amaranthus Hot Biscuits
Tall fall asters (I only have short ones)

I will leave out cookies & milk for you this year again, but can you please stay out of the liquor cabinet? I know the milk is better with a splash of Kahlua, but when you took off last year, you knocked the satellite dish off the roof.

Hugs,
Gail

o

Dear Santa I have been a good girl, I would like some flowers seeds in my stocking. And Merry Christmas to Mrs Santa.
This is want I want:
Platycodom grandeflorus ( Balloom Flowers )
Bergamot "Gardenview Scarlet" ( Monarda )
Primrose polyanthus Mix colours ( Primula )

Wildflower_2

o

Dear Santa,

Here is my Christmas seed wish list for this year:
1) Moon and Stars Watermelon
2) Purple Majesty millet
3) Stevia herb
4) early season tomatoes
5) sunflowers

Thanks
rgvnewf

o
RE: Santa's Helper-*rgvnewf*

rgvnewf-sent you an e-mail---you don't have any e-mail listed other than GW, so thought I had better let you know to look out for it.
Lois

o

• Posted by cziga Zone 5: (Toronto) (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 12, 07 at 0:52

Dear Santa,
In addition to having some seeds that match some of the requests above, I have a little wish list of my own :)
For next summer, mainly I'm looking for some heirloom tomatoes, named sunflowers (especially green or red ones), Salpiglossis, Hollyhock "Creme de Cassis", and almost any (not too invasive) "dark" or "black" flowers for my new dark-coloured bed.
Thank you Santa!

o
Cziga Please Read

Hi Cziga:

I sent you a message via GW, but you have no posted email to be contacted...hope you receive it. If not, please feel free to email me and send your address so I can get these seeds out to you. Happy Holidays!!

Melanie

o

Santa, I've been good.
I'm a little late posting my list.
But if you could still check your bag for these seeds it would be great.

Seeds for White Moonflower Vine (Ipomoea Alba) P.S. Not Datura.

Any perennial fall aster seeds except purple I already have those.

Any perennial fall mum seeds except red and pink I already have those.

Thanks
Mary-Jane

o

Santa,
I forgot to add these to my list.
Lupins Red and Purple
Sedum Voodoo
Thanks
Mary-Jane

o

Hi newwilly46 and shanta 5

I have goodies for both of you. newwilly I have three small black mondo grass plants and can send you one, and I have 5-7 black mondo grass seeds for you shanta 5. My email address is s.n.axelson@canada.com. PLEASE use black mondo in the subject so I don't accidentally erase it or think it is spam. Man I have be getting some weird spam lately.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here