Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonniepunch

have: update: unusual seed exchange

bonniepunch
15 years ago

All right guys, I just recieved the last envelope that was on its way to me. I will swap out the seeds this evening and get the packages back in the mail tomorrow.

BP

Comments (15)

• gardeng8

Thank you Bonniepunch and all my fellow gardeners for the great assortment of unusual seeds. I look forward to growing them in the spring. I appreciate the time and effort for this exchange Bonnie...so thank you very much...Happy winter all!

• gardeng8

Thank you Bonniepunch and all my fellow gardeners for the great assortment of unusual seeds. I look forward to growing them in the spring. I appreciate the time and effort for this exchange Bonnie...so thank you very much...Happy winter all!

• gardeng8

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Bonnie: That is great news. I'm really looking forward to the packages arrival. Thanks in advance for all your hard work. Ross.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Kind of like Santa arriving early. :O) Thanks Bonnie!

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

I have been waiting and watching my mailbox, just like a little kid.
    Thanks so much, Have a very wonderful christmas and happy gardening in the new year bonnie.

• wendy2shoes
    15 years ago

Can't wait..and the best news..we won't "shoot our eye out" with this christmas prezzie!
    {{gwi:709696}}

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My apologies to everyone - I got whammed by a cold Tuesday evening, so I was a bit later getting the seeds sorted and in the mail than I promised! I started sorting the seeds on Tuesday night, then realized I felt quite out of it, so I went to bed and didn't get up until today :-) Anyhow, I am mostly better now, and the seeds are done.

They are now in the mail and should be making their way to you over the next week.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this exchange! I hope you all find something you like in your envelopes. There was a good mix of seeds this year, and hopefully some of them will be new to everyone :-) Pretty well everyone should also find any extra postage that I didn't need in their envelope (I ask for the extra in case your envelope is too heavy, but I don't use it if I don't need it - no point in wasting it!).

Happy gardening to everyone!

BP

• ladybug6a
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie
    I just now received your seed package. Thank you so much for doing the exchange. There are many seeds in there, which will give me great pleasure to grow.

After christmas I start with WS. In Jan. I need to smell soil again, so the time will be perfect. The stamps on the outside of your envelope did not get stamped. (what a bonus)
    You also send me 2 stamps back. Thank you so much, you were to keep them Bonnie.

Have a wonderful christmas and happy New year for you and your family.

Karin

• wendy2shoes
    15 years ago

Received my pack yesterday. Thanks Bonnie! I have some research to do..i.e. what the heck is this? I love it. Have to wait for some free computer time..my daughter, her hubby and two grandkids are here for Christmas from Calgary (yay), but I'm planning on getting four solstice bottles out there with the grandkids helping. Will see if any of these great seeds are sowable now. Thanks again for your hard work on this.

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    15 years ago

Got mine on Friday and like Wendy, I have some research to do. :O) Great assortment of seeds. Thanks again Bonnie!

• rosco_p
    15 years ago

Bonnie: I just received my seed packet this morning. Thankyou for the great assortment of unusuals for my 2009 garden. Like most others I will have to research out these new varieties. Thanks for your organization of this swap and for making gardening interesting for us all even through the slow winter months. Take care. Ross.

• hmacdona1
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

Received my envelope this morning. What a great assortment. Thanks for all of your hard work in organzing this swap. Have a very Merry Christmas.

...Heather

• jazzyjasmine
    15 years ago

Hi Bonnie -

Received my package as well. Thanks so much for the great variety of seeds you sent. Some of the seeds I've actually been looking for. Can't wait to wintersow :)

And thanks for organizing all this Bonnie. I hope you have a great Christmas.

Happy gardening!

J J

• bonniepunch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad to hear that the envelopes are arriving safely!

I enjoyed organizing this - many of the seeds are new to me as well, and it's great to read up on all of them and learn something new. Someday I'd love to have some real gardening space, then I could actually try some of them! :-)

Just a note to everyone: Some of these seeds have specific or complicated/challenging germination requirements. Be prepared for some trial and error, and have patience! :-)

BP

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions