Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: divisions for sw ont swap...

Posted by bev_w 6a Vienna ON (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 5, 09 at 16:20

Okay, I know it's DECEMBER, but down here in the banana belt we are still gardening. Okay, I'm the only one still gardening. Or at least thinking about gardening.

My lovely Plumbago capensis (Cape Plumbago / Leadwort) is in the sunroom now and on a whim I took a cutting. Well, it struck very quickly and is growing on nicely. So I thought I'd take a few more cuttings and see if I can trade them in May at the plant swap.

Would any of the SW Ontario swap meet "regulars" like one? In return, I'd take any of the following:

- Pennisetum setaceum 'Rubrum'
- any dwarf Pennisetum / Fountain grasses
- Carex buchananii (Fox-Red Sedge, Leatherleaf Sedge)
- Carex elata 'Aurea' (Bowles' Golden Sedge)
- Carex muskingumensis
- any ornamental sedges except "blue" or variegated ones
- Nassella viridula - Green Needle Grass (aka "stipa")

Let me know if you're interested.

- Bev

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: divisions for sw ont swap...

Hi Bev,

I believe I have Pennisetum setaceum "Rubrum".
I jammed a few big mature plants in 2 pots, and I can give you one pot if you would like. They are inside in an unheated bedroom, hopefully they will have above or around freezing temperature the whole winter. All my tender plants that I cut them down and potted them, with all that warm weather we had, they started to have new shoots, including the purple fountain grass. I hope they calmed down now, it got cooler in the bedrooms up there. I'm living in Chatham now, and I don't have a big garden for all my winter-sowing plants I'm planning to have, and 1 or 2 purple fountain grass will be more than enough for me.
You are right, beautiful weather here in south, I was able to work in the garden last week too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Canada are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Canadian Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here