Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mari11_gw

WANTED: Trees and shrubs seeds for botanical garden

Mari11
15 years ago

I was contacted recently by my old friend, biologist from Russia with request to help them to get some seeds of native canadian species of trees and shrubs. I don't have access to trees to collect seeds and it's too late now, so I decided to post this request here hoping someone may have extra seeds.

A few details about the project: my friend works at the botanical garden in Kazan city in Russia. The garden is a few years old, has almost zero financing from government and has been for all these years in survival state. People who work there get salary of $70 a month which is very low , but they all are enthusiasts ( others would never work for that salary!) dreaming to grow large botanical park with trees from all over the world. But the only available to them resource -donations.

I am going to help them as much as I can, yet don't really know where to get seeds.They asked for both coniferous and deciduous trees and shrubs. I will appreciate any suggestions and/or seeds! Will SASE.

Please note: my email has changed , but I wasn't able to correct it on this site. If you want to email me, there is my new one: marina12(@)rogers.com.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all gardeners!

Marina.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions