Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trillium15_gw

WANTED: Russian Roulette Round Robin

trillium15
13 years ago

Ok. So it's been over a year since I posted...and about the same amount of time since I did a round robin. Last one was a Rainbow Round Robin...different colors...

We all have seeds that are more than a year old that we just don't know how well wil germinate but are afraid to get rid of right???

I'd like to do a "Russian Roulette" Round Robin...because it's hit & miss if you'll get something to germinate. LOL. It's a good way to get rid of previous years' seeds and maybe get something new and interesting in return.

Rather than waiting for a pkg to come in the mail, where people forget to send it out the next day, they don't package the seeds up right and they spill out into the parcel, I'd like to propose the following:

Send me the pkgs of what you want to 'unload' along with a wishlist of anything you'd like in return. I will return seeds on a 1:1 basis. You send 5 pkgs, I'll send you 5 pkgs back of different seeds, trying to accomodate your request.

pkgs should be clearly marked with the name of the seed and should contain 20 seeds of common or 5 seeds of rare plants. Can be annual, perennial, veg, herb...whatever you have from previous years that you don't want and aren't sure will have 100% germination.

Send me a msg if you're interested and I will accept names until Dec 31st and then accept packages until Jan 15th. That gives people time to get over the holidays and get their seeds pkg'd up. Seeds will be received by me and once I have them all, they will be mailed out no later than Jan 31st (assuming they are all in to be by the 3rd week of Jan).

That will give everyone their new seeds arriving by 1st week of Feb...in time still for winter sowing, window sill sowing and grow lights...

Comments (22)

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Sign me up, didn't have a great year for collecting but I'm sure I can find somethings. Sending you and email, thanks Cheryl

• User
    13 years ago

I'm interested but too busy with the holidays right now. Could this happen after xmas?

• bev_w
    13 years ago

Hello Heidi,

Today I finally knuckled down and cleaned out my stash. Please send me your mailing address so I can send some seeds for the swap. I hope more people join in.

Also, I took a look at your GW pages and I have most of the things on your want list. Can you e-mail me your trade list, if you have one?

Bev

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Hey, count me in! :)
    maybe this is the push I need to finally get motivated to clean out my stash.
    Peggy, you have until Dec. 31 to sign up and until the middle on January to send your package--lots of time! :) join in!

trillium--please send me your address

• wlongon5b
    13 years ago

Hi Heidi,
    Count me in. I have just been going through my stash and seeing what I have to send.
    Please send me your address.
    Thanks,
    Wendy

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi there. I received 2 pkgs so far...am waiting on the rest ;)

• rosco_p
    13 years ago

Heidi: I would like to participate in your RR exchange. Please refresh my records with your address details and I will get a package off to you on Monday. Thanks. Ross.

• sharont
    13 years ago

Hello!

Just in time to participate I hope. Happy to send off extras. Send me info, thanks.
    Sharon

• wlongon5b
    13 years ago

Hi Heidi,
    I hadn't heard back from you re:address and upon checking my member page found that all my info had vanished. I have now rectified that and you can now contact me with your address. Thanks,
    Wendy

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK...I have everyone I think that's sent me a msg or posted on here so given that it's Jan 2nd I'm going to close this to new people and go with who we have now...McPeg, I'm just waiting to hear if you are still interested.

Everyone else, I have sent my address out and I'm just waiting on parcels. I have 2 so far but haven't been to the mail since the 28th because I honestly don't know if the posties were working after that. LOL Hopefully the are and I will pop out tomorrow to check and see. If you havent' sent yet, pls don't forget to include return postage and your wish list and we'll see what we can do to accomodate ;o)

• rosco_p
    13 years ago

Heidi: I see your post saying that you have sent out your address to swap members but I have not received an e-mail from you as of yet.Sorry but could you try again and I will get my package sent out immediately. Thanks Ross.

• rosco_p
    13 years ago

Heidi: Sorry Heidi!!! My mistake...I see you indeed sent out your address details but they ended up in my Spam folder and I just noticed. I now have them and will send my package today. Thanks again. Ross.

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey all. I got everyone's pkg except Grey-Lady Gardener, Rosco and Sharont but they could be on the way.

Grey Lady Gardener what is your first name...and I also got one from a lady named Shanti...same person? not sure. If so, then I'm just waiting on 2 pkgs, otherwise I'm waiting on 3. LOL.

ps. Bev - got the postage on the back of the pkg no problem!

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Nope, I am not Shanti :)

Sorry about my envie not being there...forgot it when I went out to run errands on Wednesday and yesterday I never left the house so it went out today.
    I hope it gets to you soon

Lois

greylady-gardener

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi everyone. I got Sharon and Ross' pkgs in the mail this morning and Greylady-gardeners should be here tomorrow or Wed and then I'll start organizing...

I think I can find one or two things from everyone's wish list with the pkgs that were sent or from my own stash so everyone should get back something they asked for plus a few surprises...Ross, not sure if grey-lady gardeners pkg has yellow or red beets but no one else's did so I'm sorry :(

Will post a follow up here when the parcels are all mailed out, hopefully by Friday!

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lois, your parcel came in today's mail. Trudged through the unplowed roads to the mailbox about .5km away but it was well worth the exercise when I saw your pkg there. Going to sort them all tonight and should have everyone's pkg back in the mail tomorrow...

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Heidi, sorry about your trek :) but I am glad that the envie finally arrived....sorry for the holdup everyone. thanks for letting me know and I am really looking forward to getting the seeds!
    p.s. the dats got mailed this morning :)

• trillium15
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK everyone,

The packages are all going out in tomorrow's mail. Some people were kind enough to send TONS of seeds and weren't asking for a 1 for 1 in return, although I think for everyone you got more than you sent, as I too, had tons I wanted to exchange, so for some of you, your rtn envelope is bigger than the one you sent so don't be too surprised!

I hope that I was able to accomodate everyone and hope that everyone got at least something off their wish list or if not available, a really nice surprise seed.

Lois, no worries about going out in the snow. My lazy butt could def use the exercise. LOL.

Sherry, I'm probably going to do another RR later in the spring or again in the fall after everyone's collected from summer.

Let me know when your pkg arrives...just so I know everyone got everything safely.

ps. for anyone that I did a side trade with that's on this RR, I'm 99.9% sure your seperate trade stuff is all in there but if I missed something, PLEASE, let me know and I'll pop it in the mail.

Enjoy!

• wlongon5b
    13 years ago

Heidi
    I received my package today. Thank you for organizing this exchange. I got a good mix of seeds. Now I have more seeds to winter sow this weekend!!!! Thanks to all who participated.

Cheers,
    Wendy

• greylady_gardener
    13 years ago

Me too!! :) Thanks so much Heidi! I am pleased and yes...have them sorted and organized for wintersowing. Was hoping to get some of the perennials planted today, but not so far. Maybe this evening.

(did the envie with the tr. yellow dats arrive yet?)

• bdgardener
    13 years ago

Mine arrived too, Thanks again, off to get my fingers dirty. Cheryl

• Shanta_5
    13 years ago

I received my package today. Thank you for doing it.
    Now I will start do my wintersowing.
    Thank you.

Shanta

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions