Return to the Garden Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted - 2-3 mil large plastic bags

Posted by luckyladyd 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 14, 10 at 11:10

Hoping to trade seeds or plants for about ten clear, thick plastic bags to use on large pots for wintersowing. I can buy them online, but have to take a huge lot and pay expensive shipping. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted - 2-3 mil large plastic bags

I have a ton, they are about as thick as the bags that come over dry cleaning (maybe thicker), I don't know if they suit your needs, but I used them for WS this season and they seem to have held up so far. The bags are roomy enough to put over a shirt on a hanger (so you get an idea of their size).

Let me know if this is what you are looking for and if it is I can dig up the specs off the box.

I'm interested in the hosta and the Little Business daylily. I'm just getting into "plants you can't eat."

Also, if you haven't found them yet, you might try hotel/restaurants near you, they always seem to have the clear bags. I don't know why we (regular folks) can't get them!

o
RE: wanted: wanted - 2-3 mil large plastic bags

Thanks, kterlep. I'm sure your bags would work fine, but I was able to get some off ebay in a damaged box, but the bags were fine and they were cheap.

I'd be happy to send you some LB daylily seeds and some hosta seeds. Just send me your address and I'll pop them in the mail. If you email me, please include your GW name, so I remember what I am to send you. Thanks, Dottie (Luckyladyd on GW)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Garden Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here