Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mycarbumps

WANTED: Old Ag. Bulletins to Trade for Seeds

mycarbumps
20 years ago

my grandmother just moved out of her house and into an appartment. she didnt have room for all her stuff so she gave most of it away. here are some old agriculture related items you might be interested in.

#1) 3 pages torn from the back of a better homes and gardens [September 1948] it has Ad's for 10 bulbs for $0.10

and other (what we consider) outrageous prices. the pages are aged and not in very good shape but they are cool to look at

#2)Massachusetts Agricultural Experament Station Bulletin No. 351 [May 1938] this is a 44 page booklet about germination of seeds and damping-off and growth of seedlings of ornamental plants as affected by soil treatments. it is in remarkably good condition.

#3)Booklet- Big Governments Destruction of the American Economy [july 1974] this booklett is in excelent condition and has manty charts and figures, i didnt read it but it looks neat. it is 30 pages.

#4)Cornell Extension Bulletin #185 [June 1939] The Planting and Care of Shrubs and Trees. 27 page booklett about the title. in a very readable condition.

#5)Cornell Extension Bulletin #467 [Aug. 1941] "Lily Forcing" 23 pages about forcing lily's for sale as plants or cut flowers. very good read if you like lily's.

#6) US Dept. of Ag. Bulletin No. 1311 "Chrysanthemums for the home" very neat booklet about Mums. on the back is a list of officers in the USDA in 1932 (when booklet was published)

#7)Cornell Ext. Bulletin #265 Pool's for home grounds. this is a booklet about water features in landscapes itdates to 1933.

#8)Cornell Ext. Bulletin #371 "Common Insects of the Flower Garden" [June 1940] 60 pages filled with good pictures and info, i had two of these and saved one for myself but i'll trade the other one.

i am looking for seeds of flowers, herbs, and veggies (no trees or shrubs please) if you want any or all of these bookletts please make me an offer. i believe these have more historical signifigance than practical use but they are fun to look at and all i want is seeds so they are practially free. ~Ryan

Comment (1)