Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coke_nut

WANTED: A potmaker

coke_nut
16 years ago

I'm wanting to trade with someone that has one of those potmakers that you use newspaper to make the pot.

Thanks

Comments (5)

• woodsidetrader
    16 years ago

I have one. New, still in box. Since I haven't used it, probably never will.
    what are you offering?

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

• coke_nut
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the offer woodsidetrade. You have mail.
    Thanks again.

• mrsrice
    15 years ago

Has anyone tried one of these? I have been thinking about buying one. I had terrible luck with using the jiffy peat pots (my seedlings died in them after looking fine at first) so I thought maybe this would work better. If you have used one and have any tips, I'm all ears :).
    thx

• kirkhubb
    15 years ago

one hint with the peat pots, before you plant cut off the netting, it keeps the roots from really growing. I use a wooden dow rod thats the width that I want. I put masking tape on the rod acoording to how tall I want to pot to be. then I cut newspaper long enough to wrap around three or 4 times and I wrap it so the straight edge is on the line and about an ench hangs over the end that doesnt have to be straight. Before I take it off I rap the extra end up and around the rod and put a small peace of tape on it, then I take it off and I have my pot.

• kurt1117
    15 years ago

You can buy one here: http://www.seedandgarden.com/store/product/paper-potmaker-1030.cfm

Here is a link that might be useful: Newspaper Paper Pot Maker